Interested to see...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:45 AM
stingray77
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interested to see...

would like to see a comparison 2015 c7 and lexus rc-f
both are cupes : v8, both more than 450 hp. both has 8 speed at.

drag, ride and track , should be interesting
please post vid if already done
Old 04-02-2015, 08:05 AM
Supermassive
Melting Slicks

Received 794 Likes on 307 Posts

Honestly its not even in the same ballpark. The RCF is for all intents and purposes competition for cars like the M3, C63, RS5, and the new Cadillac ATS-V. I've seen comparisons between those cars and the RCF and the RCF finishes dead last.

The only car in that segment that comes close to the Corvette is the M3 and even so the Corvette hands the M3 its *** in every performance metric. I've driven the new M3/M4 and it's a decent car just not a real competitor to the C7 in terms of what they bring to the table.

As for the RCF, my short stint behind the wheel of one out of interest was pretty much what I expected. It's a quick saloon car, but fit and finish aren't on par with the Germans, and only slightly more interesting than a 1LT C7. The power is also oddly flat in the RCF and that doesnt make sense until you remember the RCF is over 4000lbs. Handling wise all I can say is that I played around on surface streets that werent conducive to any real handling challenges, as such it feels planted and confident, just not the same as my C7 in any of the driving modes.

Side by side the two cars couldnt be more different. The RCF almost looks like a spiritual successor to the Nissan GTR proportionally. The giant gaudy grille is the polarizing factor for this car, if you like it (like me) its a very eye catching piece, if not, it throws the car's whole design language out the window.

Bottom line, if I was looking for a 2 door, 4 seat saloon, I'd buy a C63S. The C7 is a pure sports car and as such you have concessions to make like living without a back seat. The C7 is also incredibly balanced all around and it gets up and goes like stink. The C7 is also much more of an eye catcher and stands out more. The RCF stands out in the sea of econo boxes but not enough to warrant more than a cursory glance to see that its not another Lexus IS. The RCF is an odd car that does nothing exceptional, its merely good enough to hang with the big dogs from Germany, but should only be considered over those cars if the look is something you must have as the Germans are much better experiences overall.

RCF vs. C7 is a no brainer in my book. C7 all day every day.

Last edited by Supermassive; 04-02-2015 at 08:08 AM.
The following users liked this post:
smajicek (08-16-2017)
Old 04-02-2015, 10:05 AM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,365 Likes on 790 Posts

^^ wow, nice write up.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:30 AM
TennisFreak
Burning Brakes

Received 76 Likes on 52 Posts

Supermassive is dead on.

RCF is a luxury gt car. Big, heavy, powerful, and not a "sports car".

Think of the RCF as a luxury version of a Camaro SS or Mustang GT.
RCF directly competes with the BMW M4 Coupe.
Based on reviews the RCF loses at the track but gets the nod for daily driving.
Consensus is that the car is to heavy and cumbersome.

Saw one at DFW auto show this past weekend and while sexy on the outside, the butt ugly dash and console ruined it for me.
Old 04-02-2015, 10:35 AM
tomarsyd
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Just watched a DVR'd Top Gear last night and Clarkson hated the RC-F. But did throw more praise down for the LFA.

It looked clear that the RC-F was not a good track car.

That being said, I sat in one at the last Auto Show here in Jax and I liked the car from a comfort perspective. Lexus knows how to make a great seat and the car's interior was amazing IMHO.

I don't think I'd buy one. I'd be more prone to go for an M4 if that's what I was looking for.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:36 PM
Vette_Pilot
Melting Slicks

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts

I guess a C7 with the 2LT package will really do it in, am I right?

Last edited by Vette_Pilot; 08-17-2017 at 08:31 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Interested to see...

Quick Reply: Interested to see...