Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get the best lease terms?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2015, 05:40 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

No one was offering leasing when I got my C7 and I would like to have leased.

It is a summer car and I ended up doing 11k last summer so I could squeak by with a 2 year 24K lease.

Fixed cost of ownership and big thing in Michigan is the tax situation. I would sell my '14 and get a '15 or now a '16 but the issue is I don't want to throw 4K in money out the window to taxes.

I paid 4K in sales tax and now I'd have to pay that 4K again versus paying use tax.

So thats 8K in sales tax versus, assuming say $1200 a month lease payment , $1,728 in tax, zero out of pocket. No hassle to sell, prepare to sell, etc.

We lease our other cars but they are business expenses as someone mentioned above.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisM916
Geez ive been trying to lease a C7.
I'm about to give up. The BEST offer i've gotten from the local dealerships here...

$900 a month for 48 months on a BASE C7 hardtop auto.

And the best part-- $12500 DOWN on top of that.
They won't even budge. All they say is, "how about a camaro"
Are you kidding????? Thats beyond ridiculous and non sense!!!! I could have leased my C7 stickered at almost 62k for 690 a month out the door....36months, 10k miles a year. Around 1500 out of pocket. I did have gm employee but still. I suggest you check with vendors on here.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:30 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

In California we have a high tax so when you lease you only pay tax on the payment amount not the price of the car so this could save you a lot on tax. I lease a cars that have a factory lease special for a DD that give a high end of the lease value, factory incentives and a 0 or close to zero money factor.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:37 AM
zcobra1
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mjw930
If I'm not mistaken I don't believe Ally offers leasing on the C7's yet but many dealers have alternate sources for leasing. You can also go with a number of private lease brokers but they tend to deal direct with the dealer, not you.

You may want to consider a payment saver loan from PenFed. Roughly the same monthly payment as a lease but you own the car.
Yes, good advice there !
I have a 3 year payment saver at 1.24 % for my DD Audi Q5 diesel,
And just bought a used 2013 Z on payment saver 3 year,
2.74 %. Keeping my money working for me in the Fidelity Contra Fund !
Old 04-19-2015, 10:03 AM
Adoggy Phizzle
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by NoOne
No one was offering leasing when I got my C7 and I would like to have leased.

It is a summer car and I ended up doing 11k last summer so I could squeak by with a 2 year 24K lease.

Fixed cost of ownership and big thing in Michigan is the tax situation. I would sell my '14 and get a '15 or now a '16 but the issue is I don't want to throw 4K in money out the window to taxes.

I paid 4K in sales tax and now I'd have to pay that 4K again versus paying use tax.

So thats 8K in sales tax versus, assuming say $1200 a month lease payment , $1,728 in tax, zero out of pocket. No hassle to sell, prepare to sell, etc.

We lease our other cars but they are business expenses as someone mentioned above.
You don't get the trade in value tax as a credit against new car tax? I live in Illinois, one of the most f'd up in the country, and we still get this. So 70k new car tax - 48k trade in car tax value =tax burden.

Quick Reply: Where to get the best lease terms?