Sponsored by:

Your credit card!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 08:28 PM
ZL-1
Safety Car

Received 184 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
ummm, yeah, WTF is he saying????????????
Firstgear is correct that some people carry too much debt. But he and his merchant apparently still don't understand why a purchase like that was declined. NSC5 explains it clearly in the first paragraph of post #6: Small merchant / large purchase / no purchase history with that merchant. A purchase like that would likely have been flagged even if with an 800-plus credit score, high credit limit, and zero balance on the card. To protect us from possible fraud.

Last edited by ZL-1; 04-19-2015 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-19-2015, 08:38 PM
cars
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

My was an educated guess

Originally Posted by Snorman

I read it twice and gave up.
S.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:02 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

S.
Me too. Hard to tell what he is actually talking about.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Originally Posted by firstgear
hmmm.....I probably didn't buy a car with a credit card or even a deposit and had a balance of $1000.

This was from one of the vendors on the site, not a car dealer but from one that sells aftermarket items.

If you don't carry a balance on your credit card and can purchase something without the card being declined then this thread isn't about you....

It is about those that cant take a $1000 charge because the credit car is close to being maxed out.....

I have a friend that spends every penny he gets and usually is working on the next scheme of purchase even though he doesn't have the money.....those people are on this site.....

I just felt his comment that 40% of the people buying items from him have their credit card rejected. Now the credit card was good for the $135 deposit, but wasn't good enough for the balance of $1000....that only can say one thing to me....they shouldn't have bought the car, they cant afford it!

Ok, got it. But why is it your business what balance someone else carries on their card? You are actually lucky everyone who can't really afford a Vette buys one anyway, otherwise there wouldn't be enough sales for Chevy to keep building them!
Old 04-19-2015, 09:12 PM
Ernest_T
Drifting

I am a believer in history...that history can teach us things.....I wish someone had counseled me....it isnt bashing, its saying you dont have the money......perhaps this doesnt apply to you or does it hit too close to home? Not sure but if it helps one person so be it!
I see now, you're really altruistic, just helping out your fellow man. Shouldn't you be doing this humanitarian work before the financially challenged wreck their life by buying a Vette? Seem to me posting this on a corvette forum is a little late for most members.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:36 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman6161
Most financed? Why should that surprise you? Even though I could have paid cash it would have been extremely foolish to do so. Why?

Because I have several nice safe investments whereI can make 5% to 7%. Financing the car was at less than 2%. I come out ahead by financing the car and keeping my cash.
This.

Ill take 1.75% on the car and last I checked my worst safe investments were over 5% YTD so I simply don't understand the logic to kill 60-80k cash and dump it in a super depreciating asset... Dead money my friend.

But different schools of thought I guess. (And yes, I could pay cash many many times over if desired) so don't jump on the "pay cash" bandwagon unless you are retarded rich and this wouldn't even be a blip on the radar.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:43 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

And also you hurt my brain trying to interpret your OP... You hurt my brain on Sunday dude...wtf??

Just let it be. Yes plenty of people make dumb money decisions (including yourself apparently) but trying to preach on a vette forum just makes you look like a pompous azz.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:44 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Chill
Maybe it's because many others like myself have no idea what you are actually saying in your first post. Did you buy a car with a credit card deposit, or did you buy some sort of part from a vendor? Whose credit card are you referring to? The title of this thread is ambiguous.

S.
Originally Posted by JShort
I thought I was the only one that couldn't decipher what he was saying until I read this I gave up after reading it twice.
Originally Posted by SharkGrayStingray
ummm, yeah, WTF is he saying????????????
Originally Posted by Rave
I had no idea what the OP was trying to say.
Originally Posted by Ernest_T
Me too. Hard to tell what he is actually talking about.
Still confused. Moving on.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:59 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

almost 200 views and only one comment.....maybe this comment hits home with way too many? Lets see if that gets it shook up on the site.....
Could be because most feel it is none of your business how they do their finances for whatever reason they may have.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:04 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

This has nothing to do with the C7, and I don't want to feed the OP to the wolves in OT.

Quick Reply: Your credit card!