C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you expect more changes for the 2016 Corvette? What did you want upgraded?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2015, 01:54 PM
ManuelCarrillo3
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Did you expect more changes for the 2016 Corvette? What did you want upgraded?

I was browsing through the June edition of the Motor Trend magazine I got in the mail yesterday, and a callout in the print version of their Z06 redemption story (sumarized here) said, "A lockout to prevent catching seventh [gear] instead of fifth in Track mode would be a welcome improvement."

That got me thinking, what welcome improvements were you hoping for in Corvette's 2016 model year? If you didn't get what you wanted this year, what would you like to see for the 2017 model year?

Your best suggestions will end up on the Corvette Forum front page, and, who knows? They may even turn into new options/upgrades for 2017.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:14 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Carbon fiber console to match carbon fiber dash currently offered.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:22 PM
bapd77
Safety Car

Received 418 Likes on 194 Posts

Personally, I felt the 2016 changes/upgrades were fairly substantial. I actually expected a lot fewer changes. I wish the earlier models had the front camera, but that's about it.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:31 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

A tow hook would have been nice and flashers on the mirrors for turn signaling. Not sure about the new base wheels. Need to see a good photo but so far from what I've seen I like them.
Old 04-28-2015, 02:38 PM
CdnC7
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

It's a lovely car as-is.. but we all benefit from some improvements over time, and the C7 is no exception...
  • 500 hp! nice, even #
  • blind spot monitor of some kind would be nice
  • an additional option within sound management to keep the flaps open at all times (similar to that fuse pulling method)
  • Improved PDR mic (it records too much bass from the exhaust)
  • Jacking pucks should be made standard
  • Choice of tires for colder climates
  • Package the front chrome strip only with choice of chrome wheels, and offer a black strip with black wheels to better match the overall appearance
  • Rear diffuser blades
  • Power folding mirrors
  • LED strips in lieu of the side marker bulbs

Last edited by CdnC7; 04-28-2015 at 02:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 03:42 PM
C7s
Burning Brakes

Received 274 Likes on 127 Posts

Strange the chrome stripe is shown above with Carbon Flash badges. Any pics of the 2016 carbon flash front grill?
Old 04-29-2015, 07:08 PM
ManuelCarrillo3
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C7AW
It's a lovely car as-is.. but we all benefit from some improvements over time, and the C7 is no exception...
  • 500 hp! nice, even #
  • an additional option within sound management to keep the flaps open at all times (similar to that fuse pulling method)
  • Package the front chrome strip only with choice of chrome wheels, and offer a black strip with black wheels to better match the overall appearance
  • Rear diffuser blades
  • Power folding mirrors
Nice list.
Old 05-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Front Page News!

Thought we'd let the front page in on this discussion...
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...-improvements/
Old 05-06-2015, 04:57 PM
dbischoff
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

More leg and head room for us taller guys. My C6 fits me fine, but I had to give up on buying a new C7. I wonder what percentage of potential buyers Chevy eliminated by height restriction?
Old 05-06-2015, 05:02 PM
5thGear
Drifting

Received 199 Likes on 124 Posts

• 500 hp! nice, even #
  • Rear diffuser blades
  • Power folding mirrors
Great list!! I would also add better cooling for A8 Z51 transmission
Old 05-06-2015, 05:44 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by dbischoff
More leg and head room for us taller guys. My C6 fits me fine, but I had to give up on buying a new C7. I wonder what percentage of potential buyers Chevy eliminated by height restriction?

Hard saying, but I don't think they turn off as many as you might think. I think the tall people that are uncomfortable are tall in the torso or bigger in the backside. I'm 6'2" 185 LBS and long in the leg. I find the car very comfortable. I actually have the seat about 1-2" from all the way back as I like sitting a little closer than the average guy my height.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:55 PM
RedC7AZ
Race Director

Received 534 Likes on 334 Posts

The one feature missing on my 2014 A6 is being able to manually shift gears up/down via the gear stick. Paddles on steering wheel are OK, but prefer shifting with the gear stick.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:06 PM
Freedom 650
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Hard saying, but I don't think they turn off as many as you might think. I think the tall people that are uncomfortable are tall in the torso or bigger in the backside. I'm 6'2" 185 LBS and long in the leg. I find the car very comfortable. I actually have the seat about 1-2" from all the way back as I like sitting a little closer than the average guy my height.
I'm 6'4" 220lbs with a 36" inseam and I barely fit. The legroom restriction has prevented me from ordering the M7. My knees would be slamming against the console during shift changes. Even the dead pedal is too far forward. I'd like to see moveable pedals for better leg room. I agree it's too tight for us long legged folk.
The following users liked this post:
Randy G. (05-09-2016)
Old 05-06-2015, 06:49 PM
jrainlay
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The front parking cameras are a great addition. However, our 2014 BMW X5 has cameras with fisheye lenses under each of the outside rearview mirrors that are used to generate a very accurate overhead view of the car and its immediate surroundings during the parking process (see photo below). A parking assist feature like this on the Vette would be invaluable. Also a blind spot warning system.

In addition, Chevy should have added soft close doors and an auto close rear hatch.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/C7-Co...30?ref=tn_tnmn
Attached Images  
Old 05-06-2015, 07:38 PM
BillB3672
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default I just wish GM would update their ordering website

One improvement I would like to see is that GM would update their web site so you could build and price a 2016 C7 before the end of the year! Many of the Zo6's were delivered be for the website was updated. Not having this tool puts the customer at a disadvantage when it comes to purchasing the car! I want to know the cost of the vehicle and all the options I have available before visiting the dealership, but it is impossible without the site being updated!
BTW- I believe the sound management does allow for the exhaust to be open all the time! It is also my understanding that the 2016 will have the auto close for the rear hatch again like the C6 had!
Lots of good suggestions for improvements!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:02 PM
golden2husky
Burning Brakes

Received 293 Likes on 193 Posts

I agree with some of the above...not going to repeat, but add the following:
1. eliminate the A/C condensate dripping on the exhaust.
2. Separate the gas release from the door release. That chatter is cheap sounding
3. The stereo really needs improvement, even on my LT3
4. Allow for a more relaxed throttle input. C7 does not need aggressive tip-in
5. CAR PLAY for the infotainment, and nicer nav graphics

Make no mistake: Tadge, I love this car!!!!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:09 PM
15Stingray
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Adaptive Cruise Control

I wish GM would raise the bar with technology packages. They should offer as option Lane assistance and Adaptive cruise control along with side mirror alert. I own the new Dodge Charger and other vehicles which have these features. In heavy traffic areas these features are rwLly nice.
And yeah for all the radical Corvette drivers why would you need these options? The answer is u have the option to turn on and off. So the best of both worlds and for,the price of the Vette u would certainly think this would be included in packages.

For the record the forum has opened the thread.

Get notified of new replies

To Did you expect more changes for the 2016 Corvette? What did you want upgraded?

Old 05-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Dave O
Melting Slicks

Received 1,412 Likes on 625 Posts

1) As said earlier, a switch to turn the NPP exhaust on or off.
2) A way to turn off AFM for us A8 owners. Why can't AFM only be activated in ECO mode like the M7's.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:27 PM
Brian Fisher
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I would like to see Adaptive Cruise Control and Blind Spot Monitoring like on my 2012 SRT8 Jeep GC

• 500 hp! nice, even #
  • Rear diffuser blades
  • Power folding mirrors
The following users liked this post:
Randy G. (05-09-2016)
Old 05-07-2015, 12:44 AM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

How about something as simple as a standard roof panel that isn't still on constraint 2 years after being introduced?

Quick Reply: Did you expect more changes for the 2016 Corvette? What did you want upgraded?