ACS Zero7 side skirts-poor fitment

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 10:51 AM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Default ACS Zero7 side skirts-poor fitment

Hello,

I just finished painting my skirts and the fitment is terrible. I see others have had great success with these, I am surprised mine are so far off. If I use the existing holes, there is at least a 1 inch gap from the front splash guard. Ignoring the pre-drilled holes, here is the best it will line up. Note the gap.

Everything lined up as it should be..

Here is the gap:

Anyone experience this?
Old 05-17-2015, 11:02 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Its hard to tell whats going on from the close up photos - maybe take a couple from a little farther back? Mine have a gap in one spot on the body but you can't see it when standing up and looking down at the side skirts.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:29 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Did you only use the screws at the front and the back?
Old 05-17-2015, 12:56 PM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Here is the fit on mine, I don't think you can see any gaps. They lined up with the wheel wells just fine - did you use rivets or scrivets or tape?

Old 05-17-2015, 01:13 PM
Bill B 1
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by BAblackvette
Hello,

I just finished painting my skirts and the fitment is terrible. I see others have had great success with these, I am surprised mine are so far off. If I use the existing holes, there is at least a 1 inch gap from the front splash guard. Ignoring the pre-drilled holes, here is the best it will line up. Note the gap.

Here is the gap:

Anyone experience this?
In this pic I see a bit of red in between the car and the skirt. is that some debris of some sort interfering with the fitment? Mine fit perfectly, no gaps or misalignment at all. I did have to open some of the holes for the stock screws as indicated in the install instructions.
Old 05-17-2015, 01:36 PM
eboggs_jkvl
Moderator/Tech Contributor

Location: Jacksonville Florida BWO Dayton, Cincinnati, Bloomsbury NJ, Cincinnati
Received 3,817 Likes on 2,062 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Bill B 1
In this pic I see a bit of red in between the car and the skirt. is that some debris of some sort interfering with the fitment? Mine fit perfectly, no gaps or misalignment at all. I did have to open some of the holes for the stock screws as indicated in the install instructions.
Might that be tape to adhere the skirts to the body. I used screws (OEM) and rivets (ACS) and there are NO gaps anywhere on my skirts. If that is the double sided adhesive in there, than I can see having gaps on the edges.

Elmer
Old 05-17-2015, 01:40 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,362 Likes on 788 Posts

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl
Might that be tape to adhere the skirts to the body. I used screws (OEM) and rivets (ACS) and there are NO gaps anywhere on my skirts. If that is the double sided adhesive in there, than I can see having gaps on the edges.

Elmer
I used tape first and then had to pull them off, remove all tape remnants (that was fun..) and reinstall using rivets. They fit great now.

There are other styles of blades that allow for the tape to be used only completely underneath. These ones you can't go that route.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:02 PM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Woodson
I used tape first and then had to pull them off, remove all tape remnants (that was fun..) and reinstall using rivets. They fit great now.

There are other styles of blades that allow for the tape to be used only completely underneath. These ones you can't go that route.
exactly right. I did use a bit of tape in two spots that I could not screw in because there was not enough room between the rocker and frame
Old 05-17-2015, 06:57 PM
BAblackvette
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for the feedback guys, I ended up only being able to tape the bottom side, not side of rocker. Might go the rivet route once i see how my paint job holds up (automotivetouchup clear coat is weak). There is still a bit of gap in the front, nowhere near like before though. Had to widen the slots on the screw holes on the rocker, the fit was way off with the holes in the normal location. Joseph at ACS walked me through some fender alignment issues today too, on a Sunday! Talk about customer service, that guy is awesome. Will post pics soon to show you guys.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:31 AM
LuvnMyC7
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks to me like you left the tape in place, but didn't remove the backing so it could stick to the car. The skirts are designed to be supported in multiple areas, either with screws, rivets or for those scared to drill holes, with double sided tape.

I personally think, out of respect for the vendor, who has done some amazing works and released some amazing products for the C&, maybe you should have contact them for advice on how to install these before going straight to a message board to bash them. They've been producing this skirt for quite some time with no complaints. I'm betting, 99% chance it's user error rather than defective product. These things are made in a mold, so it's tough to have one not be identical to the next. However, on the 1% chance that something was wrong with your skirts, the ACS guys are AMAZING. All you have to do is call them and they'll either sort it out for you or replace them immediately.

Show some class, do your due diligence and make sure the problem is not the guy in the mirror before you go bashing a company un-warranted. Again, from the look of the photo, appears to be user error. Should have support in that spot to pull the skirt tight to the car.

Get notified of new replies

To ACS Zero7 side skirts-poor fitment

Quick Reply: ACS Zero7 side skirts-poor fitment