Sponsored by:

Mike Furman saves my 1st Corvette Summer

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 11:06 PM
My Jet
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mike Furman saves my 1st Corvette Summer

Hi, Mike Furman definitely came through for me. I have been reading the C7 threads for many months. I have learned a lot from everyone's experience building, buying and owning the C7.

However, I didn't follow one piece of advice from the Forum; go to Mike to purchase your Stingray. Jan 9th this year I put a deposit down for my 2015 Stingray with Fitzgerald Chevrolet. A close, local dealer. Stuck at 1100 for months. Stop by the dealer on May 11th. Still at 1100 and by the way we will not be able to get you a 2015. The order was changed to a 2016. I asked why didn't you call me. No answer. I ask when will I take delivery and what about the price. Sales manager says "Don't know when you will take delivery or what you will pay for your Corvette".

I am American of Italian heritage and am now wishing I knew someone from Brooklyn. Next day go back to Fitzgerald and get my deposit. Sale manager says "We were honest with you". I said "Yes, but not completely. You never told me you don't sell many Corvettes and you don't get many allocations". He disagrees. I ask him how long has the new 2015 Corvette coupe on the showroom floor been for sale. Sale manager says 200 days. I tell him I will never do business with Fitzgerald Chevrolet or any of his other dealerships. As I am leaving with my deposit other sale managers makes a smart .ss comment "When the Corvette finally arrives we will just sell to someone else."

Two days later I see Mike and he walks through the process as we order my 2016. He sends me an e-mail with my order. Today I receive an e-mail from Mike with a TPW of 6/22/15!!!!!!!!!

Learn from my foolish mistake. If you want a Corvette see Mike Furman. By the way, I called GM Customer Support to file a complaint against Fitzgerald Chevrolet. Told them the story. They were very professional and listened. Today I received a call from a senior supervisor from GM Customer Support. He apologized numerous times and told me the District Manager would be briefed on my poor experience in dealing with Fitzgerald Chevrolet. I told him that if Fitzgerald Chevrolet had been up front with me on Jan 9th and said" We don't sell many Corvettes and we don't get many allocation. We recommend you go to a dealer who sells a lot of Corvettes" I would have contacted GM Customer Support and praised from high Fitzgerald Chevrolet for placing my interest ahead of a order /sale that was unlikely to happen.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 05-27-2015 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Added paragraphs for easier reading.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:15 PM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,293 Likes on 13,966 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Glad you were able to get things worked out so you'll have a Vette for the summer. Can't say I blame you for refusing to do any future business with your local dealer.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:21 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

I almost made the same mistake with another dealer in the same area. Found out they only get 2 allocations per year. Wised up and left a deposit with Mike at Criswell. He has been totally upfront and like the OP, I also have a TPW of 6/22. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will take delivery in time to attend the IMSA race at VIR; Corvettes at Carlisle and Corvettes at Ocean City.
Old 05-27-2015, 02:45 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Mike is the man
Old 05-27-2015, 06:28 AM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15
Default www.corvettefurman.com 301 212 4420

Originally Posted by My Jet
Hi, Mike Furman definitely came through for me. I have been reading the C7 threads for many months. I have learned a lot from everyone's experience building, buying and owning the C7. However, I didn't follow one piece of advice from the Forum; go to Mike to purchase your Stingray. Jan 9th this year I put a deposit down for my 2015 Stingray with Fitzgerald Chevrolet. A close, local dealer. Stuck at 1100 for months. Stop by the dealer on May 11th. Still at 1100 and by the way we will not be able to get you a 2015. The order was changed to a 2016. I asked why didn't you call me. No answer. I ask when will I take delivery and what about the price. Sales manager says "Don't know when you will take delivery or what you will pay for your Corvette". I am American of Italian heritage and am now wishing I knew someone from Brooklyn. Next day go back to Fitzgerald and get my deposit. Sale manager says "We were honest with you". I said "Yes, but not completely. You never told me you don't sell many Corvettes and you don't get many allocations". He disagrees. I ask him how long has the new 2015 Corvette coupe on the showroom floor been for sale. Sale manager says 200 days. I tell him I will never do business with Fitzgerald Chevrolet or any of his other dealerships. As I am leaving with my deposit other sale managers makes a smart .ss comment "When the Corvette finally arrives we will just sell to someone else" Two days later I see Mike and he walks through the process as we order my 2016. He sends me an e-mail with my order. Today I receive an e-mail from Mike with a TPW of 6/22/15!!!!!!!!!
Learn from my foolish mistake. If you want a Corvette see Mike Furman. By the way, I called GM Customer Support to file a complaint against Fitzgerald Chevrolet. Told them the story. They were very professional and listened. Today I received a call from a senior supervisor from GM Customer Support. He apologized numerous times and told me the District Manager would be briefed on my poor experience in dealing with Fitzgerald Chevrolet. I told him that if Fitzgerald Chevrolet had been up front with me on Jan 9th and said" We don't sell many Corvettes and we don't get many allocation. We recommend you go to a dealer who sells a lot of Corvettes" I would have contacted GM Customer Support and praised from high Fitzgerald Chevrolet for placing my interest ahead of a order /sale that was unlikely to happen.
Sorry you had to go thru that Dave. I will be sure to make your entire Corvette buying experience worth your 25 mile ride down the highway...and then some.

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Glad you were able to get things worked out so you'll have a Vette for the summer. Can't say I blame you for refusing to do any future business with your local dealer.
I hear similar stories to this every day.

Originally Posted by rmorin1249
I almost made the same mistake with another dealer in the same area. Found out they only get 2 allocations per year. Wised up and left a deposit with Mike at Criswell. He has been totally upfront and like the OP, I also have a TPW of 6/22. Keeping my fingers crossed that I will take delivery in time to attend the IMSA race at VIR; Corvettes at Carlisle and Corvettes at Ocean City.
You two may meet on the same day that you take delivery!

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
Mike is the man
Experience really does help. This is my 38th year selling Corvettes and I have a very large Stingray/Z06 allocation from Chevrolet.

Mike Furman
301-212-4420
Criswell Chevrolet
Gaithersburg, MD
www.corvettefurman.com

The following users liked this post:
robertbruce (02-15-2016)
Old 05-27-2015, 06:33 AM
FORD GUY
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by ///ADMAN
Mike is the man
Had the exact same happen to me and Mike is da Man!! I would HIGHLY suggest that you do the Museum delivery. It is a GREAT day when you pick up your car. I am sure everyone will agree.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:32 AM
vette4lyn
Drifting

Received 664 Likes on 522 Posts

A common thread is resonating here...... There are few Furman's in the world of business today. Thankfully those that are there for all of us make the process so much easier and enjoyable...... as it should be.

Mike's long standing contacts at G.M. and Bowling Green put the customer front and center on every order.

I see Mike's biggest asset and advantage over all other's is...... that he is a one man show...... no sub-set sales people, no Internet webmaster, and no Secretarial assistants. He follows the order from start to finish, which avoids the usual and customary back office confusion and misinformation disseminated by other dealerships and their employees.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:39 AM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

I was fortunate enough to learn about allocations and such before I decided to order, and went to Mike to start with. After reading about some of the waits other's have gone through, I'm glad I did. 8 weeks from order to driving the car home. Couldn't ask for much more.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:41 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

"I told him that if Fitzgerald Chevrolet had been up front with me on Jan 9th and said" We don't sell many Corvettes and we don't get many allocation. We recommend you go to a dealer who sells a lot of Corvettes" I would have contacted GM Customer Support and praised from high Fitzgerald Chevrolet for placing my interest ahead of a order /sale that was unlikely to happen. "

I love statements like this!!!! People only call customer service to complain they don't praise anyone especially a car dealer!!!!!!!!

OP if you live 25 miles from Mike Furman and certainly have seen his inventory and the candy store........... I got a bridge to sell to you!!!
Old 05-27-2015, 11:14 AM
b4i4getit
Le Mans Master

Received 285 Likes on 193 Posts

Mike Furman has been in the business for years. It is obvious he knows what he is doing and has many satisfied customers. He regards his customers as friends and you can see that by the way he interacts with them after the sale.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:15 PM
N2MPH
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I requested a refund of my deposit from a local dealership due to poor service and placed a deposit with Mike yesterday.
Old 05-27-2015, 09:19 PM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
I was fortunate enough to learn about allocations and such before I decided to order, and went to Mike to start with. After reading about some of the waits other's have gone through, I'm glad I did. 8 weeks from order to driving the car home. Couldn't ask for much more.
Same here.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Bob-G
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts

When is "Corvettes at Ocean City"? Thanks.
Old 05-27-2015, 10:10 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Bgmail777
When is "Corvettes at Ocean City"? Thanks.
October 16-18. Registration opens around June 1.

http://www.corvetteweekend.com/
Old 05-27-2015, 10:23 PM
Mike Furman@Criswell
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 10,187 Likes on 1,603 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

October 16-18. Registration opens around June 1.

http://www.corvetteweekend.com/
I will be at the OC, MD Corvette show in October...among others thru out the USA.

Mike Furman
Old 06-19-2015, 03:10 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Mike@Criswell
I will be at the OC, MD Corvette show in October...among others thru out the USA.

Mike Furman
Mike, we should have a "Criswell Customer" get together at OC.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:30 PM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

I still can't figure out what "TPW" stands for! Are you taking delivery on June 22?

Get notified of new replies

To Mike Furman saves my 1st Corvette Summer

Old 06-19-2015, 03:37 PM
99ta316
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by motomanvette
I still can't figure out what "TPW" stands for! Are you taking delivery on June 22?
Production Week basically.

Mike did you used to be at Criswell in Newington, VA?
Old 06-19-2015, 04:33 PM
VETJAZZ
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 206 Likes on 146 Posts

My local dealer was up front. They had a small allocation but had no idea when they could get me a convertible. This was back in Feb/March of 2013. Placed a deposit with Mike and my vert was one of the first batch to come off the line. Congrats on your order, but now comes the real wait - because you KNOW is coming and when.
Old 06-19-2015, 04:46 PM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Glad you had a good experience.

The lesson learned was go to a large allocation dealer. Not necessarily just one dealer.

Do that and you'll get an allocation and a better price

Quick Reply: Mike Furman saves my 1st Corvette Summer