C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

California Dash Duster or California Microfiber Wheel Duster for Black Wheels?

Old 05-30-2015, 10:48 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Default California Dash Duster or California Microfiber Wheel Duster for Black Wheels?

As you probably know, the California Car Duster Company makes a lot of products. I use the original duster on my paint when it's dusty and it works great.

I want to try one of their other products for my wheels. They make a dash duster which uses the same wax treated cotton strands as the original duster. I have read some comments where people are using that to dust wheels.

They also make a microfiber wheel duster, that kind of wraps around the spokes of the wheels to clean. That one does not appear to be treated with anything. However I'd be a little concerned that the brake dust might scratch black wheels if applies too much pressure?

I'm wondering if anyone has tried either or both of these for wheel dusting between washes and if so can you recommend one? Obviously whichever one I choose would be used for nothing else but wheels. Thanks!
Old 05-30-2015, 01:13 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Neither...the brake dust is too overwhelming for a duster....seal the wheel your fav way and hit it with a hose and some soap weekly.

Last edited by Glen e; 05-30-2015 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 09:48 PM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Thanks Glen! Appreciate the input! I went ahead and spent $8 on the California Wheel Duster at Pep Boys and tried it out on my dusty wheels. It worked fast and they look great! I think it will get dirty, but it says you can easily wash it anytime so I think it might work for keeping up my wheels, I'll let you know. For me if I'm going to get out the bucket and wash them I can only do that on the weekend so I might as well wash the car. I'm looking for a quick fix that I can do more regularly. We shall see how it works out!
Old 05-30-2015, 09:56 PM
-HAIRBALL-
Pro

Received 144 Likes on 100 Posts

I little simple green and some spotless water, 5 minutes and you are done
Old 12-05-2021, 05:57 AM
okaythen
Melting Slicks

Received 166 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by C6 MoneyPit
Thanks Glen! Appreciate the input! I went ahead and spent $8 on the California Wheel Duster at Pep Boys and tried it out on my dusty wheels. It worked fast and they look great! I think it will get dirty, but it says you can easily wash it anytime so I think it might work for keeping up my wheels, I'll let you know. For me if I'm going to get out the bucket and wash them I can only do that on the weekend so I might as well wash the car. I'm looking for a quick fix that I can do more regularly. We shall see how it works out!
the CA wheel duster you used is this one ?

www.amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-96630-Wheel/dp/B000XA5NEU www.amazon.com/California-Car-Duster-96630-Wheel/dp/B000XA5NEU

or this one https://www.walmart.com/ip/Californi...ster/176549302

Last edited by okaythen; 12-05-2021 at 06:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:09 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by okaythen
Hello, yes that looks the same except the one I got is blue - otherwise I think they are the same thing:

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/c...AaApsaEALw_wcB
The following users liked this post:
okaythen (12-05-2021)

Get notified of new replies

To California Dash Duster or California Microfiber Wheel Duster for Black Wheels?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: California Dash Duster or California Microfiber Wheel Duster for Black Wheels?