Wife took C7 to work

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 09:42 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default Wife took C7 to work

I have had my C7 for about 4 months now and thought that my wife would enjoy taking it to work today. So off she went with my beauty. Her co workers are going to be stoked when she pulls up in it. They have been asking since I got it when she was going to be able to come to work in it...it has been the coffee room chatter for several months now.
This will be the icing on the cake! Everyone is really excited by this car and I am sure there will be some short rides during lunch.
Oddly enough, there is an IT guy with a Torch Red Z51 that has been there a couple of times when I stopped by to take my wife to lunch, but no one has been excited about his car...could it be because he is a nerd? Nice guy really and a nice car but I think they all like my wife better, or are trying to get on her good side. She does most of the scheduling for meetings and all of the booklets they use, along with the weekly slide show that is running on the big screen in the entry way.
Who knows, but I am scoring big today with my lady.
Happy wife, happy life!
Coop
Old 07-09-2015, 09:47 AM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.
The following users liked this post:
edzvet (02-14-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 09:59 AM
CriticalmassGT
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by rcooper
I have had my C7 for about 4 months now and thought that my wife would enjoy taking it to work today. So off she went with my beauty. Her co workers are going to be stoked when she pulls up in it. They have been asking since I got it when she was going to be able to come to work in it...it has been the coffee room chatter for several months now.
This will be the icing on the cake! Everyone is really excited by this car and I am sure there will be some short rides during lunch.
Oddly enough, there is an IT guy with a Torch Red Z51 that has been there a couple of times when I stopped by to take my wife to lunch, but no one has been excited about his car...could it be because he is a nerd? Nice guy really and a nice car but I think they all like my wife better, or are trying to get on her good side. She does most of the scheduling for meetings and all of the booklets they use, along with the weekly slide show that is running on the big screen in the entry way.
Happy wife, happy life!
Coop

Congratulations! My wife won't drive my car. She says she's afraid she would get a ding in it while she had it. I have tried, and tried, and tried. Every time it's a different excuse as to why she doesn't want to drive it.. Too much power. afraid of scraping the splitter on something. etc.

I think she just prefers me to cheauffer her around in it, honestly. To her, a car is a car. To me, a car is freedom, independence, the ability to go anywhere at any time.

All her friends want rides in it though. Her friends kids, etc. Yes, even my lowly Mustang GT gets to be turned into a carnival ride at times. Though I balked when one of her older married friends had a birthday and she wanted me to offer her a ride in the car. I told her that it would be a little strange and I wasn't going to do it unless she asked.. All she asked was if she could sit in it. so no problem there.

Last edited by CriticalmassGT; 07-09-2015 at 10:01 AM.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:18 AM
arcticblast
Le Mans Master

Received 240 Likes on 135 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

I think that's cool.
The following 2 users liked this post by arcticblast:
patentcad (02-14-2019), V Vette (02-08-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:24 AM
sycraft
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

My wife drives as much as me, she has no issues and is probably more cautious than I. She even drove our Viper.. No issues here, Happy Wife, Happy Life = more Mods
Old 07-09-2015, 10:37 AM
sl33p3r15
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sanantguy
I would never let any woman drive my car. Don't care what it is. Past history is every woman that has driven a car I have owned has damaged it in some way. Because sorry, the average woman can't drive to save her butt. Let alone a car that requires a bit more care (for things like ground clearance) like a vette.

Good luck with yours!

P.S. Guess what? Now you'll be expected to let her drive it whenever she wants. Good job.
You must not be married.

While my wife does not drive the Vette much, she is free to do so whenever she wishes. After all, her name is on the title as well.
The following 2 users liked this post by sl33p3r15:
cberistain (02-08-2019), SuperdadZ06 (02-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Fortunately my wife did not enjoy driving mine. She's fine with a stick but just doesn't enjoy the process, oh shucks.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:46 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Good luck with yours!

Women are less likely than men to get into a car accident, according to the National Association of Insurance Commissioners.
Maxpowers (02-08-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:48 AM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

I have had my C7 for about 4 months now and thought that my wife would enjoy taking it to work today. So off she went with my beauty…….
Happy wife, happy life!
Coop
I hope she has fun!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:49 AM
sanantguy
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sl33p3r15
You must not be married.

While my wife does not drive the Vette much, she is free to do so whenever she wishes. After all, her name is on the title as well.
Your married. Her name doesn't need to be on the title for it to be half hers in case of divorce

Nope, not married anymore, won't again either. Saw too many lemmings jump off that cliff thinking their fate would be different than the one before them.
V Vette (02-08-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 10:58 AM
motomanvette
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 65 Posts

She owes you...BIG TIME! My girlfriend has her own Vette, (a C6),
but is intimidated by my new car because of the electronics and refuses to drive it!
Old 07-09-2015, 10:59 AM
mjpcowboy
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

My wife can drive my Z whenever she wants which is not often but she is a better driver than most of the men I know
Old 07-09-2015, 11:04 AM
Jimbob26
Burning Brakes

Received 81 Likes on 64 Posts

My wife loves to ride in the Corvette, but does not drive a manual transmission, no matter how much pressure her friends put on her to learn. When we did the Corvette Museum and Factory tour, she came out wanting a white C7 with red interior (mine is Laguna Blue / Kalahari), but she's now set on a Lexus SUV.

She is surprised about all the positive comments we /I get about the car, so takes it in stride if a lady says something to me about it. And - for the record - she is the best thing that ever happened to me!
SuperdadZ06 (02-09-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM
Raiderh20boy
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 279 Likes on 191 Posts

My wife really enjoys driving my 2014! Now, as soon as HER 2016 gets here I can get back to enjoying mine again
😀😀😀.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Good luck with yours!

Insurance actuaries would be very surprised to hear of your experience since most women pay way lower insurance rates than male drivers.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Mike Mercury
Team Owner

Received 173 Likes on 107 Posts

Yvonne and I have been married 33 years now; and have always owned Corvettes. Most of the time we shared one; some times we had his/hers Corvettes.

It's been awhile, but here's the YouTuber of "OhioGirl" driving out co-owned 2002.

The following 3 users liked this post by Mike Mercury:
bigsapper (02-08-2019), LimeyC5 (02-09-2019), V Vette (02-08-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 11:21 AM
Ernest_T
Drifting

Received 106 Likes on 78 Posts

Your married. Her name doesn't need to be on the title for it to be half hers in case of divorce

Nope, not married anymore, won't again either. Saw too many lemmings jump off that cliff thinking their fate would be different than the one before them.
You sure have a unique outlook on things.

Get notified of new replies

To Wife took C7 to work

Old 07-09-2015, 11:32 AM
LisaVette98
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Happy wife, happy life!
Coop
Glad you are so happy about it!! I go a bit crazy when my husband drives ours Bet she has a blast!!!

Good luck with yours!

Not sure I agree but you're entitled to your opinion. I drive anytime my husband and I are in the car together, I'm a control freak and he is not the best driver in my opinion. BTW...going to Spring Mountain next spring and bet I'm not the worst driver there!!
vett_guy (02-17-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 11:37 AM
JDM111er
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Good luck with yours!

Wow-what an outdated attitude towards woman. Good luck with that......
The following 4 users liked this post by JDM111er:
corvettergal (02-14-2019), speed4tu (02-08-2019), SuperdadZ06 (02-09-2019), vett_guy (02-17-2019)
Old 07-09-2015, 11:40 AM
JDM111er
Pro

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by LisaVette98
Glad you are so happy about it!! I go a bit crazy when my husband drives ours Bet she has a blast!!!

Not sure I agree but you're entitled to your opinion. I drive anytime my husband and I are in the car together, I'm a control freak and he is not the best driver in my opinion. BTW...going to Spring Mountain next spring and bet I'm not the worst driver there!!
Good for you

Quick Reply: Wife took C7 to work