Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forum Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 08:42 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Got mine through Macmulkin. (#2?) Started by emailing them dumb questions, and then called them a few days later when I decided to get serious. I think the trick is to deal with someone other than Tommy right away. I figure most initial contact funnels through him and he assigns another person to you. So skip trying to contact Tommy and pick another person to contact. There's 5 or so.
You won't get a lot of *** kissing and hand holding with Macmulkin, but they had the best deal at the time I ordered and they had allocation right now. They promptly let you know stuff when there's stuff you need to know. Honestly though, any of these forum dealers will probably be competitive with each other and you can't go wrong with any of em as long as your happy with the level of feedback.

I'd definately try Mac again, but the next deal is gonna be dependent on a trade. This is the weak point of the forum dealers. Lowball trade (if they even consider the trade) may null the good deal you got buying, so you may be selling on your own before your next Corvette purchase or trading at a local dealer.
Old 07-14-2015, 12:52 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Got mine through Macmulkin. (#2?) Started by emailing them dumb questions, and then called them a few days later when I decided to get serious. I think the trick is to deal with someone other than Tommy right away. I figure most initial contact funnels through him and he assigns another person to you. So skip trying to contact Tommy and pick another person to contact. There's 5 or so.
You won't get a lot of *** kissing and hand holding with Macmulkin, but they had the best deal at the time I ordered and they had allocation right now. They promptly let you know stuff when there's stuff you need to know. Honestly though, any of these forum dealers will probably be competitive with each other and you can't go wrong with any of em as long as your happy with the level of feedback.

I'd definately try Mac again, but the next deal is gonna be dependent on a trade. This is the weak point of the forum dealers. Lowball trade (if they even consider the trade) may null the good deal you got buying, so you may be selling on your own before your next Corvette purchase or trading at a local dealer.
Worked with Tommy Jr on ordering my 2011 ZR1 from start to finish nearly 5 years ago. Best deal and he went the extra mile with GM to earn my business.
Old 07-14-2015, 01:13 PM
DennyMenholtChev
Drifting

Received 250 Likes on 79 Posts

Thanks for the mentions.

I have had the good fortune and pleasure of being the first Corvette Forum sponsoring dealer and it's been a great ride! We have sold a very large number of new and pre-owned Corvettes, protection plans, parts & accessories to forum members.

Last fall I sold our dealership to Underinner Motors. GM declined the purchaser and subsequently assigned the franchise to the Rimrock Auto Group.

I remained at the dealership in an attempt to continue to serve our customers in the same courteous, friendly and professional way that my family had since 1952.

Unfortunately the new owners have chosen a different business model.

As a result I have joined the team of the largest Chevrolet dealer in Montana and one of the largest in the Northwest.

I am now moved in and conducting business at Denny Menholt Chevrolet in Billings, MT.

I have the ability to make the same deals that I could when I owned my own dealership. The management here has given me the reins to the fleet department and full decision making power.

The vehicle selection is incredible and Chevrolet is giving me Corvette allocations.

I am looking forward to working with you again!!

Please let me know if there’s anything I can do for you.

And rest assured that I will hold your hand thru the entire buying process. You will never lack for information about your order!

Have a great day!

Old 07-14-2015, 10:03 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

^ way to go...G-L to you, Ken !
Old 07-15-2015, 07:45 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
^ way to go...G-L to you, Ken !
Ken is a super guy and I have bought 2 vettes from him. I was running out of time with the GM M/C bonus $3000 rebate in November of 2010 and Ken was unfortunately a day late being able to get an answer out of the General about his ZR1 allocations that would allow the car to be built in time to qualify for the bonus $$$ from M/C. Otherwise, I might have been able to buy the ZR1 from Ken instead.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:28 AM
Globeman
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK

Agree completely. Call MacMulkin and ask to speak with someone on the Corvette team. Regarding trade-in, If I can find a buyer on my own, they will allow me to "flush" the car through them to avoid paying the full sales tax. I sell the car to MacMulkin and they sell it to my buyer at the agreed price. They charge $500 for this service but it's still a good deal.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:51 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,984 Likes on 1,143 Posts

The top dealers ALL provide great service. Kerbeck, MacMillen, Les Stanford and Criswell all have top leaders who love the hobby and have made our lives a lot better even if you have never bought a car from them.

Imagine what the Corvette world would be w/o all they do????

With that being said....... these guys are busy. Car business in not 40 hours a week. They have lives too and personal issues outside of their jobs just like us.

Unfortunately many customers who drop the $$s for one of these buggies wants to be treated like the only customer the dealer has and I understand that.

We don't walk in their shoes but they do want to sell as many cars as possible. They don't sell cars their families don't eat.

I know its hard but a little understanding and patience makes the deal go smoother!!!!

You are not going to war........ be willing to work with these guys and they will make you smile!!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:57 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
The top dealers ALL provide great service. Kerbeck, MacMillen, Les Stanford and Criswell all have top leaders who love the hobby and have made our lives a lot better even if you have never bought a car from them.

With that being said....... these guys are busy. Car business in not 40 hours a week. They have lives too and personal issues outside of their jobs just like us.

Unfortunately many customers who drop the $$s for one of these buggies wants to be treated like the only customer the dealer has and I understand that.

We don't walk in their shoes but they do want to sell as many cars as possible. They don't sell cars their families don't eat.

I know its hard but a little understanding and patience makes the deal go smoother!!!!

You are not going to war........ be willing to work with these guys and they will make you smile!!!!
Greg00Coupe:

This is one of the best replies on this thread! Well stated.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:51 AM
BigBirdXX
Racer

Received 54 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
Greg00Coupe:

This is one of the best replies on this thread! Well stated.
Yesterday, i took the C7 plunge. I ordered a 2016 C7 from KlickLewis Chevrolet in Palmyra, Pa 17078. They do get allocations and move Corvettes.
I talked to and emailed #1 and #2 and felt like i was just being lost in the crowd. The salesman at #2 was cocky and not interested.
I met Rick Risser at the Hershey Concours back in June. I talked to him at the show and he promised me good treatment and a good deal.
Everytime that i emailed Rick, he actually called me back to talk one on one. He is the owner of the dealership.
No B.S. and a great experience. Also, this is my first new car in 42 years...
Old 07-15-2015, 01:00 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

2X
Old 07-15-2015, 02:41 PM
Kfmorgan
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Just email your questions to Dave@Kerbeck.com and I'll get you the answers you are looking for, even if you aren't buying from us.

Dave
Dave,
I misspoke. Checking over my E-Mails, I found that the salesperson DID E-Mail some info the first time. I do appreciate YOUR offer, and the other comments offered on this forum. All the comments were positive, no matter what dealer they were talking about.

Thanks again for your offer to help!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
Yes I've had that with all of them...Including the superstars. When you read some of the other impressions here you would think they were the best ever at everything including communication and keeping their word about emails and return phone calls. They are not though is my experience. They are mostly the same as other dealers (some good some not so good) they just happen to have access to a lot of Corvettes.
Sorry you have had do bad experiences 'including the superstars'.

My experience with Mike Furman at Criswell runs counter to your experiences. We ordered my wife's '14 Stingray through Mike last March, and it was the simplest and most painless buying experience ever.

We had already come to an agreement via PM, so I called one Saturday morning ready to order. Mike answered the phone, pulled up his order tool already populated with my basic info and was ready to configure the options.

I gave him the specs we wanted, and in about 10 minutes start to finish we had an order placed.

Mike sent an email shortly afterward with the order number and details, and was thoroughly responsive to emails and phone calls.

I could not have been happier nor could I have had better service.

I'm getting ready to order my '16 and you can figure who will be fielding that order also.

From my experience and observations, the 'superstars' achieved that status for a reason and you can't go wrong dealing with one or the other.
Old 07-15-2015, 10:06 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,212 Likes on 824 Posts

Originally Posted by tunaman
Sorry you have had do bad experiences 'including the superstars'.

My experience with Mike Furman at Criswell runs counter to your experiences. We ordered my wife's '14 Stingray through Mike last March, and it was the simplest and most painless buying experience ever.

We had already come to an agreement via PM, so I called one Saturday morning ready to order. Mike answered the phone, pulled up his order tool already populated with my basic info and was ready to configure the options.

I gave him the specs we wanted, and in about 10 minutes start to finish we had an order placed.

Mike sent an email shortly afterward with the order number and details, and was thoroughly responsive to emails and phone calls.

I could not have been happier nor could I have had better service.

I'm getting ready to order my '16 and you can figure who will be fielding that order also.

From my experience and observations, the 'superstars' achieved that status for a reason and you can't go wrong dealing with one or the other.

I wouldn't call them bad experiences. They were very similar to most dealers in fact. Having purchased 45 or more cars I have a little experience There is always someone out there wanting to sell you a car though, not only just the superstars...

Prime example is I bought number three from one of them here and gave them a crack this time but they failed both a promised email and phone call (and I gave them several days to work it in)...so hey they sold it to some other bald dude.

No use going into the other things not done as promised by the other superstars..

Selling a Corvette to contentious old bald dudes can't be too hard... Ordering cars is easy and simple for them that have allotments, they thrive on those as there are very little risk to them because of the volume. Working a trade deal though they are way way less interested.

Last edited by hawkgfr; 07-15-2015 at 10:10 PM.
Old 07-15-2015, 11:55 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Agreed. I've never had an issue with any of the big dealers that I have bought three of my four Corvette's from.

Quick Reply: Forum Dealers