Sponsored by:

Forum Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 12:23 PM
Kfmorgan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Forum Dealers

I have owned a Corvette since 1971. Sometimes more than one. In buying these cars, I have dealt with dealers, who have been described very accurately, good or bad, in this forum. That said, I am thinking very seriously about getting a 2016 C7. Called the #1 dealer twice, and got some good info. Salesman said that he would E-mail me the info both times. Never received anything from him.
Called the #2 dealer, and got a great price, and other info from him. Told him that I would get back to him. Called yesterday, and he was busy. Left a message that I had a couple of questions, and that I was pretty much ready to order. Rather than me trying to chase him down when he wasn't busy, I asked if it would be OK if he just called me when he had time. I guess that he must be very busy, because I have not received a return call.
Just wondering what other members of this forum have experienced working with these people.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:38 PM
GS1960
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts

Working with #2 through emails and phone calls. So far not any problems just great service. We will see what happens as the process unfolds.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:47 PM
Thunder22
Team Owner

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,457 Posts

Should just call Mike at Criswell and be done.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:51 PM
LG Motorsports
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 571 Likes on 292 Posts
St. Jude Vendor Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11

You can call Classic Chevrolet near Dallas, get one with integrity and send it to us for some upgrades before they ship it to you.

OR you can come to Dallas and we can take you to the track with your car so you can run it through it's paces before you head home.

More fun than we should be allowed to have.

thanks

Lou Gigliotti

LG Motorsports
972-429-1963
Old 07-12-2015, 12:59 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,211 Likes on 823 Posts

Originally Posted by Kfmorgan
I have owned a Corvette since 1971. Sometimes more than one. In buying these cars, I have dealt with dealers, who have been described very accurately, good or bad, in this forum. That said, I am thinking very seriously about getting a 2016 C7. Called the #1 dealer twice, and got some good info. Salesman said that he would E-mail me the info both times. Never received anything from him.
Called the #2 dealer, and got a great price, and other info from him. Told him that I would get back to him. Called yesterday, and he was busy. Left a message that I had a couple of questions, and that I was pretty much ready to order. Rather than me trying to chase him down when he wasn't busy, I asked if it would be OK if he just called me when he had time. I guess that he must be very busy, because I have not received a return call.
Just wondering what other members of this forum have experienced working with these people.

Yes I've had that with all of them...Including the superstars. When you read some of the other impressions here you would think they were the best ever at everything including communication and keeping their word about emails and return phone calls. They are not though is my experience. They are mostly the same as other dealers (some good some not so good) they just happen to have access to a lot of Corvettes.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:36 AM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

I will be finding out at the end of the year/first of next year when I shop for the best price to order my 2016 Z06 vert. I have ordered cars from Ken Fichtner, Kevin Will at Les Stanford and Tommy Jr at MacMulkin and I have been thoroughly pleased with dealing with all.
Old 07-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I prefaced my email with "I am an active member of the corvette forum". Also helped that I emailed Dave Salvatore who got right back to me. Dave is the head Corvette guy at Kerbeck and he will refer you over to a salesman.

If you are dealing with Crisswell, deal with Mike. IMHO, the worst way to initiate a deal is to leave a message with a random salesman-find out the top guy and contact him.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:23 AM
Dave@Ciocca
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1,656 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
I prefaced my email with "I am an active member of the corvette forum". Also helped that I emailed Dave Salvatore who got right back to me. Dave is the head Corvette guy at Kerbeck and he will refer you over to a salesman.

If you are dealing with Crisswell, deal with Mike. IMHO, the worst way to initiate a deal is to leave a message with a random salesman-find out the top guy and contact him.
Just email your questions to Dave@Kerbeck.com and I'll get you the answers you are looking for, even if you aren't buying from us.

Dave
Old 07-13-2015, 09:40 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Just email your questions to Dave@Kerbeck.com and I'll get you the answers you are looking for, even if you aren't buying from us.

Dave
O.P. this ought to alleviate your concerns.
Old 07-13-2015, 09:50 AM
LEJ ZO6
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I've bought 2 Corvettes from Forum dealers.

I've never had any problems with them.
Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 AM
jluke
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You won't be disappointed when you deal with Dave at Kerbecks. His organization is totally professional and responsive. I know, have purchased seven Corvettes in the past fifteen years, all from Kerbeck.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Since you live in MA. it makes sense to cut a dela with Kerbeck or MacMulkin.

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com

Dave
While I have never purchased a vehicle or Corvette from Kerbeck, Dave@Kerbeck has been very transparent to the Corvette owner or potential buyer here on the forum. Kerbeck has stepped forward to answer many posts on several issues and topics that none of the other major dealerships will not.

Originally Posted by rcooper
O.P. this ought to alleviate your concerns.
This guy Dave will NOT leave you hanging, he seems to get the job done. He wants to sell cars. That's his #1 mission.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:46 PM
GOLD72
Race Director

Received 1,106 Likes on 718 Posts

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
................... IMHO, the worst way to initiate a deal is to leave a message with a random salesman-find out the top guy and contact him.
BINGO!!! That is exactly it.
Old 07-13-2015, 12:54 PM
itchiesvette
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

Bought mine from #2 and have no issues. Sometime they can be a little slow about returning emails/ calls but always got back to me.
car came in in 6 weeks and they shipped to me in their enclosed trailer at N/C .Very easy buying experience .
Old 07-13-2015, 01:31 PM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by LEJ ZO6
I've bought 2 Corvettes from Forum dealers.

I've never had any problems with them.
I have 3 of my 4 via forum dealers. At least they know about order codes when you are talking to them. Walk into a local dealer here in the NW and ask about R8C and they have no clue. Ask them what the new features are for '16, no clue. Why buy from someone that is doing nothing more than writing down what you are telling them to and then wanting to charge $10K to $25K. Also these guys don't have allocation and are willing to take your $ for when at some point months down the road they can actually place an order. Then if there are some constraints, they are on the bottom of the totem pole to get past them.

I had my dentist try to go through a local dealer and he just gave up with frustration and bought a Viper. The guy has more $ than he knows what to do with, so he can pay the above MSRP. But $ doesn't my allocation or get you past constraint issues.

Just buy from a forum vendor. I just bought from MacMulkin and have had a pleasant experience.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
LATrafficJam
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I think if you

1) expect minute-by-minute updates on next steps for your order, that is unreasonable.

2) are the type to want to track down the movement of your car down to the square inch of movement using OnStar, satellite telemetry of any other kind, carrier pigeon with GoPro cam attached, etc, ... you are going to be frustrated.

However, if you deal with a forum dealer when you 1) are ready to conduct a business transaction, 2) prepared to let the dealer HANDLE the work for you, and 3) don't need constant feedback (especially because this is just a business transaction and you are letting your dealer handle the process), you'll be fine with probably any of the top selling dealers (based upon good comments about them that I've read on this forum).

C'mon, it's just business. Stop trying to watch a pot of water boil!

I've done now two successful transactions with Rick Conti. Does what he says he'll do, keeps me apprised of what I need to be apprised of, and I've got a life to live outside buying the Z06s I've bought.

Live life. Wait for your dealer to keep you informed of what you need to do, and do some research on this forum about the vehicle you want to purchase.

There are some excellent threads and excellent forum members who educated me on this vehicle, before I ordered it, because I took some time to read what was relevant to me.

Hey, it's only rock & roll & American horsepower. Chill out, man!
Old 07-13-2015, 01:45 PM
HDBADDOG55
Burning Brakes

Received 180 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by jluke
You won't be disappointed when you deal with Dave at Kerbecks. His organization is totally professional and responsive. I know, have purchased seven Corvettes in the past fifteen years, all from Kerbeck.

Get notified of new replies

To Forum Dealers

Old 07-13-2015, 02:03 PM
pjitty
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

When I was looking, I called #2 several times spoke with the receptionIst and left several message's. No return calls, nothing. I called Kerbecks and got a salesman. After the call ended, the receptionist called to see if I got the help I needed. Needless to say, I ordered thru Kerbecks...
Old 07-13-2015, 03:01 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

I have been out for 9 days, but camping out on email etc getting caught up....happy to help and have a ton of allocation this week

Thank-you for consideration
Old 07-14-2015, 01:27 AM
///ADMAN
Melting Slicks

Received 471 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Thunder22
Should just call Mike at Criswell and be done.

Quick Reply: Forum Dealers