C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 03:10 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
dang now this guy is driving his car the way it should be driven. Are you tracking it or is that from the street?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:19 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by gixxerbill
Not a big evolution guy too many holes in the theory. Most of the whole darwin stuff is common sense.
Never let the evidence stand in the way of ignorance, eh?
Old 07-14-2015, 03:20 PM
slick316
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Bought the car on 04/24/2015. Currently has 4800 miles and the rev counter is at 1100.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:40 PM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by meyerweb
No, I just think he is a moron. I don't believe humans in their complexity especially our complex dna evolved from a a goo that oozed up on the shore. If you don't want to believe in God as your
God fine but don't insult Him and His awesome creation by that goofball yarn of horsecrap.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:42 PM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Well put
Old 07-14-2015, 05:57 PM
dajayc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

How about miles and life time revs do you have. Not sure exactly what life time revs are but i have about 2800 of them. I also have 12800 miles on a 2014 z51.

Ya'lls turn.
My 2015 arrived 2/17/15. As of now it has 11500 miles. I think I'm driving it how I believe it should be driven--hard and daily 😈
Old 07-14-2015, 06:25 PM
nsxpilot
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm always amazed that some folks are so willing to believe in fairy tales and totally discount or ignore scientific evidence.
Old 07-14-2015, 06:52 PM
Jay_Davis
Drifting

Received 90 Likes on 73 Posts

No, I just think he is a moron. I don't believe humans in their complexity especially our complex dna evolved from a a goo that oozed up on the shore. If you don't want to believe in God as your
God fine but don't insult Him and His awesome creation by that goofball yarn of horsecrap.
Way to prove that evolution does not guarantee results.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:45 PM
anders1118
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Ok my car has 4600 miles and its lifetime revs is 1176. Not sure what the lifetime revs means but i drive my car pretty aggressive on the street.
Old 07-14-2015, 10:01 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

I lived to smoke Corvettes and Vipers. Not much other in the way of exotics 'round here. Don't mess with motorcycles, even slow ones are faster than Vettes.
Old 07-14-2015, 11:35 PM
owc6
Team Owner

Received 4,186 Likes on 2,679 Posts

Originally Posted by dajayc
My 2015 arrived 2/17/15. As of now it has 11500 miles. I think I'm driving it how I believe it should be driven--hard and daily 😈

Here's mine:

Old 07-15-2015, 09:58 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,982 Likes on 1,141 Posts

dang now this guy is driving his car the way it should be driven. Are you tracking it or is that from the street?
Answer: I drive it everyday and on the track as much as possible. It snows in Ohio and I have Conti DWS tires on it. I love the car my waxer days are over!!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 11:23 AM
Magister Ludi
Burning Brakes

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Old 07-15-2015, 12:40 PM
BigJoe
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Wormwood
That's the problem, they're built to be driven when it's a balmy 75°F with 25% humidity & sunny. That's about 15-25 days of the year in my neck of the woods. Outside that envelope either the timing is pulled & you're sweating ***** from the heat or your tires are cold & you have no traction from the cold....

Aftermarket parts & modifications can make the C7 into daily driver, but in stock form it's built & designed to be a garage queen.

Wormwood
My '14 and all my other 7 Corvettes have all been daily drivers. All were stock. Of course, being from TX, the weather doesn't get really bad as far as snow, but I've driven to work on icy sub-20 degree days and in temps in the 110+ range with no trouble at all.
What aftermarket parts/mods are you referring to?
Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Getting way off topic, but if the design is so intelligent why does our digestive process rely on bacteria that can also kill us? Why do food and air go down the same channel, so getting food stuck in your throat can cause you to suffocate? The human body is so full of poor "design" decisions it's hard to accept there's a lot of intelligence behind it.

You choose not to believe in evolution in spite of the evidence supporting it, yet also choose to believe that for which there is no physical evidence at all.

Then again, that might explain why you think 110 mph on one wheel, in traffic, is safe and reasonable. Evidence and logic don't appear to have much play in your thought processes.
Old 07-15-2015, 09:14 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I'm not going out in my pajamas to my detached garage to look up the RPMs.
All I got to say is the Stingray is the best damn grocery getter I've ever owned!!
Old 07-17-2015, 12:12 AM
Marcus Nakamura
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2014 Z51 took delivery 25 Sep 2014

Get notified of new replies

To Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

Old 07-17-2015, 11:00 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Getting way off topic, but if the design is so intelligent why does our digestive process rely on bacteria that can also kill us? Why do food and air go down the same channel, so getting food stuck in your throat can cause you to suffocate? The human body is so full of poor "design" decisions it's hard to accept there's a lot of intelligence behind it.

You choose not to believe in evolution in spite of the evidence supporting it, yet also choose to believe that for which there is no physical evidence at all.
yea, it's pff topic but little bit more. So you think the body is designed wrong based on what you think. What did you design? God also gave us other people to do the heimlich maneuver to save you. He also sent His Son to save you too. And He gave you the freewill (which I guess you think was a mistake to huh) to choose Him or not.

So you really think everything you see, feel,touch, taste and smell is all by chance. Seriously? I mean that is the most bizarre stupid theory ever. How does our planet stay the right distance to the sun for all these centuries. When does order come out of chaos(the stupid big bang theory) Also dumbass darwin evolution THEORY not fact is still missing the missing link.

Want proof that God exist take a look at Israel. They are God's chosen people. I mean look how bad *** and smart they are compared to the stupid towel heads that surround them. Towel head muslims believe in a made up god and Israel believes in the real God and that is why they still exist when they are outnumbered 1.6 billion towel heads to 18 million Jews. Just look how smart the Jews are compared to the evil muslims they make them look like savages compared to the civilized Jews.

Look at Hollywoord and banks Jews own them all and all the towel heads own is a bunch of sand in the desert dresses for clothes and rags for their heads.

Last edited by gixxerbill; 07-17-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-17-2015, 11:37 AM
C7_Z06
Melting Slicks

Received 62 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

How about miles and life time revs do you have. Not sure exactly what life time revs are but i have about 2800 of them. I also have 12800 miles on a 2014 z51.

Ya'lls turn.
Get this thread back on topic...

I don't particularly keep a constant watch on my C7's lifetime revs, etc... but I'll take a glance later. And to answer the particular question on actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven, I'd rather be having fun with it through performance driving events. So whether it was my previous '14 Z51 Stingray or my current '15 Z06... I track them via autox and/or road course.

IMO, the only real way to experience its overall performance abilities (and your driving skills) in a relatively safe controlled environment.

Old 07-17-2015, 11:50 AM
gixxerbill
Race Director

Originally Posted by C7_Z06
Get this thread back on topic...

I don't particularly keep a constant watch on my C7's lifetime revs, etc... but I'll take a glance later. And to answer the particular question on actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven, I'd rather be having fun with it through performance driving events. So whether it was my previous '14 Z51 Stingray or my current '15 Z06... I track them via autox and/or road course.

IMO, the only real way to experience its overall performance abilities (and your driving skills) in a relatively safe controlled environment.

Beautiful car dude. And I am glad you are pushing it. i would love to take mine to a track and I will but Ill wait till the fall so my tranny won't over heat. I have had good experiences with mine in the hill country but never done track.

Quick Reply: Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?