Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > C7 Corvette > C7 General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

 
Old 07-13-2015, 10:47 AM
  #1  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 10,774
Thanked 56 Times in 40 Posts
Default Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?

How about miles and life time revs do you have. Not sure exactly what life time revs are but i have about 2800 of them. I also have 12800 miles on a 2014 z51.

Ya'lls turn.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 10:53 AM
  #2  
billythekid310
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Duluth GA
Posts: 582
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
How about miles and life time revs do you have. Not sure exactly what life time revs are but i have about 2800 of them. I also have 12800 miles on a 2014 z51.

Ya'lls turn.
Life time revs can be an indicator of how hard a car is run. No idea what my revs are at now but when I did the math a couple of months ago my average RPMs was around 2600-2800rpms. I'm just over 3300 miles and took delivery October 28th, 2014. 2015 Z51 M7
billythekid310 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:31 AM
  #3  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 10,774
Thanked 56 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by billythekid310 View Post
Life time revs can be an indicator of how hard a car is run. No idea what my revs are at now but when I did the math a couple of months ago my average RPMs was around 2600-2800rpms. I'm just over 3300 miles and took delivery October 28th, 2014. 2015 Z51 M7
The info comes up on your steering wheel control.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:37 AM
  #4  
rlrcstr
Junior Member
 
Member Since: Nov 2014
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default who is driving?

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
How about miles and life time revs do you have. Not sure exactly what life time revs are but i have about 2800 of them. I also have 12800 miles on a 2014 z51.

Ya'lls turn.
2014 z51- not sure about revs but just turned 15,800. took delivery on sept 9th 2014
rlrcstr is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:37 AM
  #5  
Ragz19
CF Member
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 51
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

I have no idea about life time revs, but i am about 6500 miles , took delivery in April.
Ragz19 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:40 AM
  #6  
billythekid310
CF Senior Member
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: Duluth GA
Posts: 582
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
The info comes up on your steering wheel control.
Yes, I'm just not in the car at the moment
billythekid310 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:53 AM
  #7  
Wormwood
CF Senior Member
 
Wormwood's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2013
Location: Little Rock AR
Posts: 260
Thanked 15 Times in 5 Posts
Default

That's the problem, they're built to be driven when it's a balmy 75F with 25% humidity & sunny. That's about 15-25 days of the year in my neck of the woods. Outside that envelope either the timing is pulled & you're sweating ***** from the heat or your tires are cold & you have no traction from the cold....

Aftermarket parts & modifications can make the C7 into daily driver, but in stock form it's built & designed to be a garage queen.

Wormwood
Wormwood is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 11:55 AM
  #8  
gixxerbill
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
gixxerbill's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Posts: 10,774
Thanked 56 Times in 40 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by billythekid310 View Post
Yes, I'm just not in the car at the moment
oh ok gotcha. For everybody else. They are on your info screen on your steering just scroll through til you get to lifetime revs. Btw I really hate this feature. I mean make a car that is meant to go fast and then have info for a prospective buyer to beat you up with.
gixxerbill is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
  #9  
nmvettec7
CF Senior Member
 
nmvettec7's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,537
Thanked 824 Times in 478 Posts
Default

Very few high performance, high speed potential sports cars are driven to the capabilities that these cars offer.

In most cases a 465 HP + vehicle is not needed on US roads and highways. The legal speed limits prohibit the vehicle from reaching it's capabilities for speed.

Presently there is a craving for HP in many of these muscle, sports cars. Americans want power and lots of it. The Dodge Hellcat engine is a prime example, as well as the Corvette Z06 and many other vehicles can be listed. Can a Corvette Z06 really meet it's maxium potential on US road and highways with that supercharged engine? Not legally.

These high powered cars tend to be a status symbol for most owners. The excessive HP becomes a "bragging rights" issue.

The only way these high powered cars can reach some of there potential is to "track" the car. It's the safest way to enjoy the HP and the most fun, running these high HP cars on a road track. It is the best racing and testing any driver could want.

Join the SCCA, and enter a few HPDE events. You get allot of track time at a low cost. You have safety workers and flagmen on the track. You do not need to have a Regional or National Competition license to enter any of these events. An SCCA membership is cheap...$65.00.
nmvettec7 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:27 PM
  #10  
ZEEEE06
CF Senior Member
 
ZEEEE06's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2000
Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Posts: 4,456
Thanked 208 Times in 112 Posts
Default

Aftermarket parts & modifications can make the C7 into daily driver, but in stock form it's built & designed to be a garage queen.

Wormwood[/QUOTE]My 2016 will be my DD in stock form.
ZEEEE06 is online now  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:34 PM
  #11  
george vee
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
george vee's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2009
Location: Wurtsboro NY
Posts: 5,908
Thanked 299 Times in 204 Posts
2015 C7 of the Year Finalist
Default

I put 10k miles on my 2014 C7 Z51 before I sold it.Now have 4k miles on my 3 month old Z06
george vee is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:35 PM
  #12  
Kenafin
CF Senior Member
 
Kenafin's Avatar
 
Member Since: Nov 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 158
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Default

Not in the car at the moment to know revs but mileage is approx 5600 since May 2, 2015 when I picked her up with 5 miles. I'm driving her quite regularly right now while the temperature cooperates since come October or so she'll be parked.
Kenafin is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 12:35 PM
  #13  
manecda
CF Member
 
manecda's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2004
Posts: 55
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Took delivery June 6, 2014 have 3225 miles
manecda is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 01:36 PM
  #14  
apex97
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!
 
apex97's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 2007
Location: Stockbridge GA
Posts: 234
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Default

Lots of owners who drive them like they were designed for can be found here:

http://mugshots.com/

apex97 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 02:02 PM
  #15  
rcooper
CF Senior Member
 
rcooper's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2012
Location: Austin Texas
Posts: 4,436
Thanked 481 Times in 366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15
Default

Originally Posted by nmvettec7 View Post
Very few high performance, high speed potential sports cars are driven to the capabilities that these cars offer.

In most cases a 465 HP + vehicle is not needed on US roads and highways. The legal speed limits prohibit the vehicle from reaching it's capabilities for speed.

Presently there is a craving for HP in many of these muscle, sports cars. Americans want power and lots of it. The Dodge Hellcat engine is a prime example, as well as the Corvette Z06 and many other vehicles can be listed. Can a Corvette Z06 really meet it's maxium potential on US road and highways with that supercharged engine? Not legally.

These high powered cars tend to be a status symbol for most owners. The excessive HP becomes a "bragging rights" issue.

The only way these high powered cars can reach some of there potential is to "track" the car. It's the safest way to enjoy the HP and the most fun, running these high HP cars on a road track. It is the best racing and testing any driver could want.

Join the SCCA, and enter a few HPDE events. You get allot of track time at a low cost. You have safety workers and flagmen on the track. You do not need to have a Regional or National Competition license to enter any of these events. An SCCA membership is cheap...$65.00.
Good points. But given the opportunity I will get on it. In my area there are many good roads near that will let you stretch your legs.
7950 miles and 2034 lifetime revs.
rcooper is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 02:12 PM
  #16  
blue_bomber697
CF Senior Member
 
blue_bomber697's Avatar
 
Member Since: Oct 2013
Location: Fort McMurray Alberta
Posts: 917
Thanked 74 Times in 61 Posts
2018 C7 of Year Finalist
Default



Me driving the car the way its supposed to be driven. On the track.

Raw track video here:
blue_bomber697 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 02:12 PM
  #17  
Larry/car
CF Senior Member
 
Larry/car's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2008
Location: Manheim Pennsylvania
Posts: 10,635
Thanked 528 Times in 373 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wormwood View Post
That's the problem, they're built to be driven when it's a balmy 75F with 25% humidity & sunny. That's about 15-25 days of the year in my neck of the woods. Outside that envelope either the timing is pulled & you're sweating ***** from the heat or your tires are cold & you have no traction from the cold....

Aftermarket parts & modifications can make the C7 into daily driver, but in stock form it's built & designed to be a garage queen.

Wormwood
You must of gotten a cheep version. My Corvette has one of those fancy climate control systems (set a temperature and it heats or cools as appropriate). I also can put the top down and enjoy those 80/90 + temperatures with humidity at 70/80%.
Larry/car is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 02:21 PM
  #18  
vdavenp802
CF Senior Member
 
vdavenp802's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,496
Thanked 54 Times in 33 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Wormwood View Post
That's the problem, they're built to be driven when it's a balmy 75F with 25% humidity & sunny. That's about 15-25 days of the year in my neck of the woods. Outside that envelope either the timing is pulled & you're sweating ***** from the heat or your tires are cold & you have no traction from the cold....

Aftermarket parts & modifications can make the C7 into daily driver, but in stock form it's built & designed to be a garage queen.

Wormwood
Really?
Sounds like you are describing my '67, not my '15.
I have no idea what you are saying....
vdavenp802 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 03:32 PM
  #19  
BladeSilver2015
CF Senior Member
 
BladeSilver2015's Avatar
 
Member Since: May 2015
Location: Florida
Posts: 592
Thanked 115 Times in 65 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by apex97 View Post
Lots of owners who drive them like they were designed for can be found here:

http://mugshots.com/



Great post! Extreme habitual traffic law offenders will eventually end up on this site or Darwin will step in and take care of the problem.
BladeSilver2015 is offline  
Old 07-13-2015, 03:48 PM
  #20  
NTMD8R
CF Senior Member
 
NTMD8R's Avatar
 
Member Since: Sep 1999
Location: Richmond, BC, Canada
Posts: 2,226
Thanked 56 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Purchased my '14 Z51 MN7 (off eBay) in September of 2014.
It had 1500 miles on it. I didn't check the lifetime revs.
Now it has 3300 miles, and the lifetime revs is 989.

Realize that the 2000 miles we put on it are fundamentally AUTOCROSS !!!!!
We have autocrossed the last 4 Saturdays; will do the next 4 Saturdays, plus a few Sundays. We expect to do 25 events this year.
We drive it like it was meant to be driven !!!!!

If you want some sort of ratio that would be about 3.3 miles per 1 rev.
Actually those revs are in 10,000.
Obviously the lower the number, the more "aggressive" the driving.... track, autox, etc.

Last edited by NTMD8R; 07-13-2015 at 06:51 PM.
NTMD8R is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Let's see who is actually driving these things the way they are built to be driven?


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: