C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Akrapovic Exhaust Systems for the C7 from Southern Car Parts!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 04:39 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Received 315 Likes on 288 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07, '13, '15

Default Akrapovic Exhaust Systems for the C7 from Southern Car Parts!

C7 Akrapovic Titanium Exhaust Systems

By now many of you have seen and heard Akrapovic exhausts for the C6, now we’re excited to announce the Akrapovic system for the C7!

Akrapovic is a European company that has been around for years and made a name for themselves providing exhausts for high end sport bikes. They then brought that success to the high end sports car world (ie; BMW, Porsche, Nissan GTR, etc....) The exhaust systems they craft are literally a work of art. Made of the absolute best materials, when you open up an Akrapovic exhaust system it will make you feel like a kid at Christmas time getting the present that you always wanted. The welds are perfect, the tips beautiful, the finish will simply amaze you. You can smell the quality instantly.

Compared to a stock system, the C7 Akrapovic system weighs less, performs better, and sounds absolutely unbelievable without any drone.

Akrapovic is making C7 systems in Titanium with Carbon Fiber tips, and the C7 systems will fit all Stingrays AND Z06s!

C7 Corvette Akrapovic Titanium Slip-On Exhaust
The Akrapovic Slip-On Line system is the first step in exhaust tuning. Crafted from high-grade titanium, which considerably reduces the weight in comparison to the stock system, it has been perfectly designed to fit directly onto the existing link pipes. The system increases power, provides better throttle response, and improves torque, and also conjures up an amazing sound from the naturally-aspirated V8 engine. The Slip-On Line system has four valves, designed for the first pair to operate in four-cylinder mode and the second set to come into action according to the driver’s specifications. The system is developed to be compatible with the car’s drive mode selector, and Akrapovič engineers have developed an electronic device to drive the exhaust valves for each mode—Weather, Eco, Tour, Sport, and Track—giving the driver an even greater opportunity to enjoy the sound of the Akrapovic Slip-On Line across the whole spectrum of the car’s performance. It’s topped off by four large-diameter carbon fiber tailpipes with titanium inners, to make the Slip-On clearly recognizable as an exhaust that means business.

C7 Slip-On Dyno Chart

[SIZE=4]More info on the system at the link below.

They are available with Titanium tips and Carbon Fiber tips.

Last edited by southerncarparts; 10-05-2017 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-23-2015, 10:53 PM
tyho
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by southerncarparts

By now many of you have seen and heard Akrapovic exhausts for the C6, now we’re excited to announce the Akrapovic systems for the C7!

Akrapovic is a European company that has been around for years and made a name for themselves providing exhausts for high end sport bikes. They then brought that success to the high end sports car world (ie; BMW, Porsche, Nissan GTR, etc....) The exhaust systems they craft are literally a work of art. Made of the absolute best materials, when you open up an Akrapovic exhaust system it will make you feel like a kid at Christmas time getting the present that you always wanted. The welds are perfect, the tips beautiful, the finish will simply amaze you. You can smell the quality instantly.

Compared to a stock system, the C7 Akrapovic systems weigh less, perform better, sound absolutely unbelievable without any drone.

Akrapovic is making C7 systems in Titanium with Carbon Fiber tips, and the C7 systems will fit all Stingrays AND Z06s! They call their Cat-back system the "Evolution" and the term "Slip -On" refers to the Axle-back systems.

The Akrapovic Slip-On Line system is the first step in exhaust tuning. Crafted from high-grade titanium, which considerably reduces the weight in comparison to the stock system, it has been perfectly designed to fit directly onto the existing link pipes. The system increases power, provides better throttle response, and improves torque, and also conjures up an amazing sound from the naturally-aspirated V8 engine. The Slip-On Line system has four valves, designed for the first pair to operate in four-cylinder mode and the second set to come into action according to the driver’s specifications. The system is developed to be compatible with the car’s drive mode selector, and Akrapovič engineers have developed an electronic device to drive the exhaust valves for each mode—Weather, Eco, Tour, Sport, and Track—giving the driver an even greater opportunity to enjoy the sound of the Akrapovic Slip-On Line across the whole spectrum of the car’s performance. It’s topped off by four large-diameter carbon fiber tailpipes with titanium inners, to make the Slip-On clearly recognizable as an exhaust that means business.

C7 Slip-On Dyno Chart

C7 Corvette Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust
The Akrapovič Evolution Line system takes exhaust tuning to the next level. The Evolution Line system, with a new X-pipe, provides even greater performance compared to the Slip-On Line system, and provides a pure race-note soundtrack for this stunning engine, with the enhanced sound characteristics of the V8 configuration and without any drone—just pure enjoyment.

C7 Evolution Dyno Chart

More info on each system at the links below.

C7 Corvette Akrapovic Titanium Evolution Exhaust
Can the x-pipe be purchased separately? I have a 2015 z51 M7 with ARH mid length headers with cats and B & B Bullet exhaust. Will the x-pipe fit with the headers and the exhaust without any mods or cutting?
Old 10-11-2015, 03:46 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by tyho
Can the x-pipe be purchased separately? I have a 2015 z51 M7 with ARH mid length headers with cats and B & B Bullet exhaust. Will the x-pipe fit with the headers and the exhaust without any mods or cutting?
Sorry, it cannot be purchased separately.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:16 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Old 08-10-2016, 10:44 AM
Zaphod B
Racer

Received 171 Likes on 81 Posts

I am very skeptical of those dyno charts.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:25 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by Zaphod B
I am very skeptical of those dyno charts.
These have been proven many times over...read all over...
Old 10-20-2016, 09:59 AM
RipcordZ51
Pro

Received 160 Likes on 116 Posts

Would love them but too pricey for me. How much if I trade in my Borla ATAK and mid pipe? (joking, of course!)
Old 10-20-2016, 09:19 PM
beaversstonehaven
Melting Slicks

Received 129 Likes on 100 Posts

They are extremely nice looking!
Old 10-30-2016, 07:44 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Just ordered the "slip-on" from you today! Can't wait to get it on my 'vette!

Last edited by UKnowWho18; 10-30-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2016, 09:08 PM
John Micheal Henry
Drifting

Received 275 Likes on 195 Posts

Can you buy just the tips??
Old 10-31-2016, 09:38 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by John Micheal Henry
Can you buy just the tips??
It's a bit complicated, give us a call at 888-631-1433 for more info.
Old 11-03-2016, 06:39 PM
UKnowWho18
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by UKnowWho18
Just ordered the "slip-on" from you today! Can't wait to get it on my 'vette!

Just got the Akrapovic delivered today! Man that was fast!!!

Thank you Southern Car Parts!

Old 04-15-2018, 07:59 PM
06nine
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

This is one of the few mods I will do as I like my warranty. The sound is contagious.

If only it didn’t cost what it does...
The phrase “cost is only an issue in the absence of value” comes to mind.

Now to get this approved by my cfo (wife). Timing has a lot to do with that!
Old 04-16-2018, 11:51 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 06nine
This is one of the few mods I will do as I like my warranty. The sound is contagious.

If only it didn’t cost what it does...
The phrase “cost is only an issue in the absence of value” comes to mind.

Now to get this approved by my cfo (wife). Timing has a lot to do with that!
I hear that! And you're right about the sound being something really special. Anything I can help you with, just let me know.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:20 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

By now many of you have seen and heard Akrapovic exhausts for the C6, now we’re excited to announce the Akrapovic system for the C7!

Compared to a stock system, the C7 Akrapovic system weighs less, performs better, and sounds absolutely unbelievable without any drone.

Akrapovic is making C7 systems in Titanium with Carbon Fiber tips, and the C7 systems will fit all Stingrays AND Z06s!

C7 Slip-On Dyno Chart

More info on the system at the link below.

Old 05-05-2018, 07:26 PM
06nine
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by southerncarparts
I hear that! And you're right about the sound being something really special. Anything I can help you with, just let me know.
PM sent.
Old 04-04-2019, 09:35 AM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by 06nine
PM sent.
We replied, I wanted to make sure you knew that folks.

Get notified of new replies

To Akrapovic Exhaust Systems for the C7 from Southern Car Parts!

Old 04-04-2019, 12:19 PM
rrepp
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Maybe some day they'll make this system with stainless steel, for those of us with strict cfo's!
I'd love to add this system to my Vette. Love the exhaust sound, and clearly top notch in every way.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:35 PM
southerncarparts
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by rrepp
Maybe some day they'll make this system with stainless steel, for those of us with strict cfo's!
I'd love to add this system to my Vette. Love the exhaust sound, and clearly top notch in every way.

We have asked, but they are strictly titanium now.

Old 05-11-2019, 01:56 PM
LarryFL
Racer

Received 163 Likes on 101 Posts

Back in the day, Akrapovic has always been the only thing I would put on the bikes. I loved the color change when they are first heat cycled. Best quality, sound, fit. I would love to use them on my Z06. Gotta get up the will to spend that kind of coin for something mostly hidden away.

Last edited by LarryFL; 05-11-2019 at 01:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Akrapovic Exhaust Systems for the C7 from Southern Car Parts!