Sponsored by:

Researcher says he can hack GM's OnStar app, open vehicle, start engine

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 10:52 AM
HC-C7
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyb
I don't want to over blow this but it is things like this that make me question autonomous cars. I mean, they can't keep our credit cards safe (or our Jeeps, it seems). Some jerkoff decides he's mad at the world (with computer skills) sits on an overpass and has his way with the car's computers.....

Jimmy
Seriously this is such a big problem already .Technology is only getting better for the worst. It's only a matter of time before something really bad happens because of this hacking BS . People who make these kind of devices should be thrown in F#%&ing jail because of its harmful capabilities. If the person building this device wasn't making it for illegal uses. He would have contacted FCA or onstar and tried to explain about this with out incriminating himself.
Old 08-05-2015, 10:56 AM
HC-C7
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

researcher my A$$ anyone who debut these things at defcon hacking get togeather is more bad then good. Why do you think the Feds are all over these things if not for there own agenda ,then finding criminals.

Quick Reply: Researcher says he can hack GM's OnStar app, open vehicle, start engine