Sponsored by:

Stereo presets won't set.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 PM
srabin
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Stereo presets won't set.

I just purchased a 2016 Z06 with the Nav/PDR setup. I pick a station and hold the 1 or 2 or 3, etc... and am supposed to wait for a beep to set it. Well, that beep never comes. I can hold for 10 seconds, doesn't matter what station, or which # I hold. So, I can't set my favorites.

Any thoughts?

Steve
Old 08-10-2015, 12:02 AM
FYREANT
I'm Batman..
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 908 Likes on 561 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by srabin
I just purchased a 2016 Z06 with the Nav/PDR setup. I pick a station and hold the 1 or 2 or 3, etc... and am supposed to wait for a beep to set it. Well, that beep never comes. I can hold for 10 seconds, doesn't matter what station, or which # I hold. So, I can't set my favorites.

Any thoughts?

Steve
The radio in the C7 is really stupid about favorites. You cant just hold down on the number you want it to save as. Its much more convoluted than that. I haven't had to touch mine for over a year though so I can't remember exactly how to do it anymore without reading the owners manual.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:10 AM
HoustonMidtown
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

I just press and hold the number to set a favorite....I do find it's easier to use my thumb instead of the index finger...the thumb is more horizontal and pushes the button better than than the tip of my index finger if that makes any sense..

The one thing I haven't been able to do is rearrange the presets - my dealer showed me how when I picked up my car, but I have not been able to duplicate what he did...he pressed and dragged...my pressing and dragging skills must be lacking!
Old 08-10-2015, 09:52 AM
Glenmcp
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 574 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by HoustonMidtown
I just press and hold the number to set a favorite....I do find it's easier to use my thumb instead of the index finger...the thumb is more horizontal and pushes the button better than than the tip of my index finger if that makes any sense..

The one thing I haven't been able to do is rearrange the presets - my dealer showed me how when I picked up my car, but I have not been able to duplicate what he did...he pressed and dragged...my pressing and dragging skills must be lacking!
I believe you go into setup and then select radio.

Get notified of new replies

To Stereo presets won't set.

Quick Reply: Stereo presets won't set.