Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm thinking I have enough wax on her.

Old 08-24-2015, 10:15 AM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Received 850 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
"Question: On the Meguiars NextGen 2.0 did you use the paste or spray? I use both, but for different applications."

Mines a liquid wax.

I'll have to try that tire shine. I have been using armorall extreme tire shine gel with great results but failed to apply any before the photo shoot.

So I was talking to my new neighbor yesterday, during the conversation he said, "is that vette yours" so naturally after hours of labor I invited him over for a viewing. BTW it's hot as can be in FL right now you don't even stand outside without breaking a sweat. So after a couple of minutes he states, I'm dripping all over you car and it's not sweat, it's drool. I take that as a complement of a job well done.
You did a great job on the detailing. As I stated it looks GREAT!

Be prepared for more compliments.

Enjoy your C7 and how beautiful it looks. So many other C7 owners should do the same as you did. They would be very happy campers for sure.

It takes time to complete the process, but it is so well worth it.

Enjoy.
Old 08-24-2015, 10:20 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
You did a great job on the detailing. As I stated it looks GREAT!

Be prepared for more compliments.

Enjoy your C7 and how beautiful it looks. So many other C7 owners should do the same as you did. They would be very happy campers for sure.

It takes time to complete the process, but it is so well worth it.

Enjoy.
It's interesting as I was from the school of "hey it's a new car, throw some wax on her that's the best she will look"

I can clearly see I was wrong.

Thanks again for the help.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:23 PM
jmmy
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Claybar first is the trick.
But, showing ignorance now, what's Nano Skin ?
Hope I'm not too old a dog for a new trick.
Old 08-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Why don't you google it?

It's a artificial clay....much easier, you want the fine one.....

and clay/nano is a part of the secret to detailing, the main part of the secret is fine polish like Meg's 205 with an orbital.

Last edited by Glen e; 08-31-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2015, 02:54 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jmmy
Claybar first is the trick.
But, showing ignorance now, what's Nano Skin ?
Hope I'm not too old a dog for a new trick.
Nano skin is an alternative to using a clay bar and lasts longer as it can be reused.

Once you use a clay bar, you need to toss it out.

While the nano skin process is relaitively new, I still perfer the clay bar myself.

Both process of the nano skin or clay bar needs a lubricant. You do not use these dry on the paint. As a low price lubricant I use a 1 quart spray bottle with about 8-10 drops of Dawn dishwashing detergent.

There are several types of nano skin sponges, mitts, pads. Here's a few.

I find the sponge works very good. All available at Amazon.

Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-019) AutoScrub Fine Grade Sponge: Automotive Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-019) AutoScrub Fine Grade Sponge: Automotive

Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-006) AutoScrub 6" Fine Grade Foam Pad for DA Polisher: Automotive Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-006) AutoScrub 6" Fine Grade Foam Pad for DA Polisher: Automotive

Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-016) AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt: Automotive Amazon.com: Nanoskin (AS-016) AutoScrub Fine Grade Wash Mitt: Automotive

Hopefully this info helps you and others. As Glen e has stated the way to excellent results, and I totally agree, is make sure the cars paint is properly cleaned before applying any paint sealant, paint coating, or even a wax product whether real or synthetic.

The Meguair's 205 is an excellent product as Glen e suggests. I echo his suggestion.
Attached Images  
Old 08-31-2015, 04:51 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

I used the Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish before the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating as that's what they recommended and didn't want to mess up the process.
Old 08-31-2015, 05:34 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by [B
cheapthrills[/B];1590388638]I used the Black Label Surface Cleansing Polish before the Pinnacle Black Label Diamond Surface Coating as that's what they recommended and didn't want to mess up the process.
cheapthrills:

You did GREAT and the results certainly show that.
Awesome detail work, Cheapthrills.

As long as you used a prep polish of surface polish you are fine. Good to use the matching Pinnacle product line of detail products.

You may want to consider a can of Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Paste Wax once the Meguiar's NXT Gen 2.0 wores off the paint surface.

One can will do many repeated wax applications. Your so close to Stuart, Fl you can make the drive to Autogeek to pick it up. Nice drive up north and no shipping fees.

Keep up the great work detailing.
Old 08-31-2015, 06:08 PM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by nmvettec7
cheapthrills:

You did GREAT and the results certainly show that.
Awesome detail work, Cheapthrills.

As long as you used a prep polish of surface polish you are fine. Good to use the matching Pinnacle product line of detail products.

You may want to consider a can of Pinnacle Souverän Carnauba Paste Wax once the Meguiar's NXT Gen 2.0 wores off the paint surface.

One can will do many repeated wax applications. Your so close to Stuart, Fl you can make the drive to Autogeek to pick it up. Nice drive up north and no shipping fees.

Keep up the great work detailing.
Yep I did pick up the products in their lobby. That place is dangerous to my wallet.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:25 PM
nmvettec7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
Yep I did pick up the products in their lobby. That place is dangerous to my wallet.
I wished I lived as close as you do to Autogeek.

They have a huge detailing event every year. Lots of top detailers and car buffs attend.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I'm thinking I have enough wax on her.