Le Mans Master

Received 58 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks awesome
Old 08-28-2015, 08:42 AM
IndyBlue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan
Looks great! Can we get some more pics and some install details (like drilling, rivets or double sided tape)? I'm torn between these and the skirts from ACS.

Also, how do you feel the paint finish matches to your OEM paint? Not sure if I want to do body colored paint or go Carbon Flash (although I have already ordered the Torch Red splash guards form RPI) but they're still a few weeks out...

Thanks!
Here are a couple more angles. The one picture shows how it is installed with screws.
Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2015, 10:03 AM
HD_Rider
Pro

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by IndyBlue
Here are a couple more angles. The one picture shows how it is installed with screws.
That looks very good. Can you provide more details on what specific screws you used?

Regarding the front and rear mounting bolts that are used when mounting side skirts, did you find any of them to be too short, as in needing to be replaced with longer bolts?
Old 08-29-2015, 03:10 PM
IndyBlue
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HD_Rider
That looks very good. Can you provide more details on what specific screws you used?

Regarding the front and rear mounting bolts that are used when mounting side skirts, did you find any of them to be too short, as in needing to be replaced with longer bolts?
As mentioned above, I was unable to do the install myself and had a local body shop do it. They used the screws that were provided by RPI. I don't know if they used the mounting bolts.

I am sure if you sent RPI a quick PM they would be able to give you all the details on the hardware and install recommendations.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:05 AM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

Received 411 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by l.i. bruce fan
Looks great! Can we get some more pics and some install details (like drilling, rivets or double sided tape)? I'm torn between these and the skirts from ACS.

Also, how do you feel the paint finish matches to your OEM paint? Not sure if I want to do body colored paint or go Carbon Flash (although I have already ordered the Torch Red splash guards form RPI) but they're still a few weeks out...

Thanks!

Here is a pic of mine w/ the CF painted RPI skirts and the black splashguards. Just my personal preference, I like the CF as it ties all of the other CF parts together on the car.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:15 AM
MikeinAZ
Burning Brakes

Received 411 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by HD_Rider

I installed these in 10 minutes per side and that's not a stretch, SUPER easy and did it by myself. They line right up, I just put a jack stand under one end while I held the other end up so the piece was level. They weigh maybe 1 pound, nothing to them weight wise. They come w/ the required screws, you will use one screw that is under the car already and it goes into a large predrilled hole in the skirt. I put that one in first but did not tighten it and it held the front up along w/ the jack stand while I started putting in screws at the rear and moved forward. I did not drill any holes, the skirts have tiny holes in them and I simply used the self tapping screws and screwed them into the bottom of the car. They sink right into the fiberglass on the bottom of the car. Once all were in I tightened the one screw that I had to remove for the installation.

The bottom of these skirts are covered w/ a bed liner type material, they are not painted on the bottom so you don't have to worry about scratches and they line right up w/ the front splashguard. You can hear small stones kicking up and hitting them, makes me feel a lot better they are on!

Again SUPER easy install, I put these on and the front poverty splitter in 40 minutes total. The Z06 grille, well that was what took a bit but not as bad as some have made it out to be. Don't even sweat this project, you will be glad you did it!
Old 08-30-2015, 09:54 AM
Navyproud
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 24 Posts

Those cars look great, has anyone used the stage 2 front spoiler from RPI. My buddy had his installed and it looked like the ends were angled up. Is this normal, I am wondering if the front RPI is the same thickness as the OEM Z06 is the same thickness?

Quick Reply: Got my skirts installed