Sponsored by:

Valentine 1--service--KUDOS

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 09:07 PM
gbjerke
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 20 Posts

Default Valentine 1--service--KUDOS

Am a huge fan of the V1 and especially their service.
Back in the 90's had a Passport and went with the V1 in '97. Tough to remember exactly but it was well out of warranty when the arrow lights quit. Sent the unit in for repairs advising I was going on vacation in 10 days "just hoping" I would get it back by then. Sent in on a Monday, they received on Wednesday and much to my surprise, they over nighted it back to me on Thursday. UNREAL, as it was a "no charge" for repairs.
Fast forward several years and I checked their site several times wondering about upgrades to my unit. Each and every time they gave me what the cost would be and what I found amazing is the fact that they did not recommend the upgrades as the upgrades would likely not be worth the cost. SERIOUSLY?? Ever heard of a retailer doing that?
Have had annoying travel false alarms the last few months. Heard it was the blind spot monitors on some cars causing this. Started noticing late models BMW's and Audi's tripped it every time. Likely others and I found it to be a PITA.
Back to the V1 site and there were numerous upgrades available including the filters(?) to block the blind spot monitor bit. Cost would be $289 which I think is fine since I was ready to order a new one and gift my old one to a friend.
Did a "ask a question" on their site indicating that I would like the lights telling me what band of radar thinking that I would just order a new one to get this and just dump the '97 model. Did this one evening and one hour later I got a response. In essence telling me that because of the age of my old one the $289 would get me a new, in the box V1 including all the accessories.
Done deal, it went in the mail today.
Point of all this is their service/responsiveness is TOP SHELF...something I can really appreciate.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:13 PM
Blue Demon
Le Mans Master

Location: And then it was said... "let there be blue Corvettes and yellow Camaros" Ft Worth Texas
Received 100 Likes on 77 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by gbjerke
Am a huge fan of the V1 and especially their service.
Back in the 90's had a Passport and went with the V1 in '97. Tough to remember exactly but it was well out of warranty when the arrow lights quit. Sent the unit in for repairs advising I was going on vacation in 10 days "just hoping" I would get it back by then. Sent in on a Monday, they received on Wednesday and much to my surprise, they over nighted it back to me on Thursday. UNREAL, as it was a "no charge" for repairs.
Fast forward several years and I checked their site several times wondering about upgrades to my unit. Each and every time they gave me what the cost would be and what I found amazing is the fact that they did not recommend the upgrades as the upgrades would likely not be worth the cost. SERIOUSLY?? Ever heard of a retailer doing that?
Have had annoying travel false alarms the last few months. Heard it was the blind spot monitors on some cars causing this. Started noticing late models BMW's and Audi's tripped it every time. Likely others and I found it to be a PITA.
Back to the V1 site and there were numerous upgrades available including the filters(?) to block the blind spot monitor bit. Cost would be $289 which I think is fine since I was ready to order a new one and gift my old one to a friend.
Did a "ask a question" on their site indicating that I would like the lights telling me what band of radar thinking that I would just order a new one to get this and just dump the '97 model. Did this one evening and one hour later I got a response. In essence telling me that because of the age of my old one the $289 would get me a new, in the box V1 including all the accessories.
Done deal, it went in the mail today.
Point of all this is their service/responsiveness is TOP SHELF...something I can really appreciate.
I agree 100%. I sent mine in for its upgrade ($129) this past Monday, they received it Wednesday and today, (Friday) I got an email with the return shipping tracking number and it should be here Tuesday, pretty impressive IMO.
Old 08-28-2015, 09:41 PM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Sent mine in on 8/24 for the upgrade, $79.00. Second time back for the most current version.

Old 08-30-2015, 08:43 AM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by gbjerke
Curious about the part I bolded. My old 1 (not sure how old, but I've had it as long as I can remember) has a vertical row of 4 LEDs on the display that show the band. Do the newer one have something more than this?
Old 08-30-2015, 10:01 AM
buckeye4
Pro

Received 198 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Curious about the part I bolded. My old 1 (not sure how old, but I've had it as long as I can remember) has a vertical row of 4 LEDs on the display that show the band. Do the newer one have something more than this?
Here is the latest. I sent in my older one a few years ago for the upgrade and they sent me a brand new one which is slightly smaller. Go to their web site and plug in your serial number to see what a new upgrade will cost you.

http://www.valentine1.com/

Last edited by buckeye4; 08-30-2015 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2015, 10:53 AM
Karlba
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 19 Posts

that's the way v-1 upgrades work, send yours in and they send out a new one, very good company, I have had 2 of their units for over a decade now, updated them as needed. Another thing you can do is just buy a new one and fleabay the old one, even an older V-1 will bring very close to the price of a new V-1 on ebay Last one I did that to it cost 50.00 out of pocket when the upgrade was going to be around 200.00

love the new savy unit as you can select a speed to have the unit alert muted under (very nice in plots and around town) and makes wiring it a breeze since you no longer need to tap in anywhere.
Old 08-30-2015, 11:14 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I've had mine since 2006. Just sent it back last year for the current updates. 99.00 and I had it back in 2 weeks. With companies building products with "planned obsolescence" it's nice to see V1 continues to support their product through multiple generations.

Get notified of new replies

To Valentine 1--service--KUDOS

Quick Reply: Valentine 1--service--KUDOS