C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I get a VIN number before the car is built?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2015, 11:22 AM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Default How do I get a VIN number before the car is built?

I have a TPW of 9/14. Others that have that same (or a day or so apart) are saying they got their VIN number. How does this happen. My dealer is saying they can't do an invoice until they have a VIN. I am trying to get that ASAP as my credit union is saying they need a buyers order for the already approved loan. I am trying to make sure I lock in the interest rate which is 1.89% There is talk of a FED rate increase soon??
Old 09-04-2015, 12:15 PM
MeanDean43
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try calling one of the California Psychic's! No, seriously you should be able to get the Vin# through CHAT several days before the build date. Ever wonder why all of those Psychic's aren't millionaires?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:31 PM
gilbey16
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2HD's2vettes
I have a TPW of 9/14. Others that have that same (or a day or so apart) are saying they got their VIN number. How does this happen. My dealer is saying they can't do an invoice until they have a VIN. I am trying to get that ASAP as my credit union is saying they need a buyers order for the already approved loan. I am trying to make sure I lock in the interest rate which is 1.89% There is this k of a FED rate increase soon??
I have a TPW of 9/14 too and I'm doing the buyers tour. The museum gave me the VIN already so I can only assume that the VIN's are available for 9/14. Mine is scheduled for 9/11. If you have a scheduled build date then I would assume that your VIN should be available. I know that I was on the Chat when I got an email from the museum. The Chat did not have the current info as the museum email was more accurate. Hope this helps.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:34 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gilbey16
I have a TPW of 9/14 too and I'm doing the buyers tour. The museum gave me the VIN already so I can only assume that the VIN's are available for 9/14. Mine is scheduled for 9/11. If you have a scheduled build date then I would assume that your VIN should be available. I know that I was on the Chat when I got an email from the museum. The Chat did not have the current info as the museum email was more accurate. Hope this helps.
I found a similar situation where my dealer had the car at 3300 and chat had it at 3000, so I guess they don't have the latest info?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:55 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

Mine is 9/14 as well and chat just told me 5 min ago that a VIN isn't available until the car is produced so I don't think they have a clue. I was able to lock in a loan last week at Chase for 1.75 without a VIN. Just told them roughly what I needed and was approved the next day so you should be able to get a loan without it.
Old 09-04-2015, 01:14 PM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Streetrod782
Mine is 9/14 as well and chat just told me 5 min ago that a VIN isn't available until the car is produced so I don't think they have a clue. I was able to lock in a loan last week at Chase for 1.75 without a VIN. Just told them roughly what I needed and was approved the next day so you should be able to get a loan without it.
Yeah, I have the loan all set, but "if" rates changed in the mean time do I pay the rate that it is when the car gets delivered OR do I pay the rate when I did the approved loan?
Old 09-04-2015, 01:15 PM
Streetrod782
Burning Brakes

Received 187 Likes on 122 Posts

You should be locked in for 30 days. Rates won't go up anytime soon either.
Old 09-04-2015, 02:59 PM
gprscuba
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a TPW of 9-7-15. Chat tells me I'm at 3400 but has no VIN or production date.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:58 AM
kevincol
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 2HD's2vettes
I have a TPW of 9/14. Others that have that same (or a day or so apart) are saying they got their VIN number. How does this happen. My dealer is saying they can't do an invoice until they have a VIN. I am trying to get that ASAP as my credit union is saying they need a buyers order for the already approved loan. I am trying to make sure I lock in the interest rate which is 1.89% There is talk of a FED rate increase soon??
Shane from NCM called me up and gave me my VIN# before my dealer knew what it was. I had it a full week before the car was built. I don't know if it is because NCM gets some special access. My dealer told me that I wouldn't get the VIN# until the day the car was made. Obviously it was incorrect information.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:20 AM
Redagain
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Loan Rates

Streetrod782 you quoted a loan rate of 1.75% and 2HD's2vettes you quoted a rate of 1.89%. What is the length of time of your loans?
Old 09-05-2015, 08:46 AM
2HD's2vettes
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Redagain
Streetrod782 you quoted a loan rate of 1.75% and 2HD's2vettes you quoted a rate of 1.89%. What is the length of time of your loans?
36 months, I am toying with the idea of 75 months @2.89. We are putting about 20k down. Actually we were going to pay cash with the money from the sale of our C6 + cash, but we looked at the only thing we have financed which is a 30 ft. center console boat that was at 5.99% and a 54k balance, it just made more sense to pay that off and take the lower interest and some tax advantages on the new car. We always pay things off early, or at least in the past we have been able to do that.

BTW redagain - the car is coming from Stingray in Plant City.

Get notified of new replies

To How do I get a VIN number before the car is built?

Quick Reply: How do I get a VIN number before the car is built?