2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin - Page 12 - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

C7 General Discussion
General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin

Old 07-02-2017, 12:55 PM   #221
djyankees31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markc2008 View Post
It appears to be a lot of work to change the handles or striker part. Has anyone tried just upgrading the pins and seeing if you get same results?
Don't do it!!

I had City Chevrolet of Charlotte fix my squeaking roof which included changing the strikers and pins. I went from a occasional squeak to a constant rattle. So disappointed and pissed.

I carried it back last week and it turned out the mechanic only changed the pins and not the strikers. I was charged for the pins and strikers. This time they replaced the strikers and the constant rattle is gone but there is still a rattle and squeak.

Lessons learned, I paid about $400 to get rid of a squeak to now having rattles and squeaks. Also, wasted many hours at the dealership that I can never get back. If I could turn back the clock, I would live with the squeak and have the money.

There's no guarantee that your car will ever be returned to you in the same or better condition. It will always take way more time than it should and costs to much money for simple fixes.
djyankees31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:21 PM   #222
nikeair042
CF Member

Tried 2 o-rings on the front 2 pins....didnt work.

any other suggestions? I mean, this is absurd for a 74k car that something simple like this could be missed. What about a piece of material or something that you could place in front of the holes, then when you push the pins in it would push the material into the hole and create a barrier between the pin and metal.

at this point I'll try anything
nikeair042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion >
Reload this Page
  • 2014-2015 Removable Roof Panel Noise Bulletin
  •