Sponsored by:

Front camera

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Seldoon
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Front camera

I just bought a 2016 Z06 and thought it came equipped with the front camera but I can't get it to work if I do have one. Tried to call my salesman and ask him but he seems to be out of pocket. My manual says if I shift into drive from reverse, at slow speed, the front camera should come on but when I shift into drive from reverse I still see the rear view for about 3 seconds and then that vanishes to be replaced by a view of the navigation map?!
Old 10-19-2015, 04:12 PM
direct007
Melting Slicks

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,026 Posts

Originally Posted by Seldoon
I just bought a 2016 Z06 and thought it came equipped with the front camera but I can't get it to work if I do have one. Tried to call my salesman and ask him but he seems to be out of pocket. My manual says if I shift into drive from reverse, at slow speed, the front camera should come on but when I shift into drive from reverse I still see the rear view for about 3 seconds and then that vanishes to be replaced by a view of the navigation map?!

You need to be going 5mph or less. If still not working, from the default infotainment screen, hit the right arrow and you will see a camera icon. Press on that and you should see the view from the front cameras.
Old 10-19-2015, 04:24 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

Front vision camera is standard on 2016 2LZ and 3LZ only. Do you have 2 cameras in the grille?

Just asking...
Old 10-19-2015, 05:26 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Originally Posted by RonC7
Front vision camera is standard on 2016 2LZ and 3LZ only. Do you have 2 cameras in the grille?

Just asking...
Check for two cameras in the grill.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:19 PM
Seldoon
Racer

Originally Posted by RonC7

Just asking...
Good question!! I know I have the rear camera and even knowing where it is I can hardly find it. I've looked at the front grille but so far have not been able to locate any cameras. But if the cameras are NOT standard on a Z06 then I guess I don't have them and need to see if I can add them. I've had several instances in my Shelby when I almost ran into things in front. Were I not in the process of selling my Shelby I would see if I could add a front camera. It has a rear (back-up) camera which has saved me many times and the rear camera was an add-on.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:23 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

Good question!! I know I have the rear camera and even knowing where it is I can hardly find it. I've looked at the front grille but so far have not been able to locate any cameras. But if the cameras are NOT standard on a Z06 then I guess I don't have them and need to see if I can add them. I've had several instances in my Shelby when I almost ran into things in front. Were I not in the process of selling my Shelby I would see if I could add a front camera. It has a rear (back-up) camera which has saved me many times and the rear camera was an add-on.
Our 16 Z has cameras in the grill. 2LZ
Old 10-19-2015, 08:28 PM
Seldoon
Racer

Originally Posted by Joy c7
Our 16 Z has cameras in the grill. 2LZ
If your 16 Z has the cameras then it would seem to me that my 16 Z should have the cameras. I'll have to figure out what is going on with the cameras. Maybe a defect?!
Old 10-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Maxie2U
Le Mans Master

Received 4,147 Likes on 2,247 Posts

If you don't see them in the grill, it did not come with front cameras.
Attached Images  
Old 10-19-2015, 08:31 PM
Joy c7
Drifting

Received 321 Likes on 238 Posts

If your 16 Z has the cameras then it would seem to me that my 16 Z should have the cameras. I'll have to figure out what is going on with the cameras. Maybe a defect?!
Post a picture of the grill.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

If it's a 1LZ I do't think it will have the front cameras.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:42 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,073 Likes on 6,172 Posts

Apparently you don't know what trim level you have. As already stated, the front cameras are standard and only available with the 2LZ and 3LZ trim levels. If you have a 1LT trim level, no front cameras.
Old 10-19-2015, 08:50 PM
Seldoon
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Apparently you don't know what trim level you have. As already stated, the front cameras are standard and only available with the 2LZ and 3LZ trim levels. If you have a 1LT trim level, no front cameras.
I got the 1LT so guess I have no cameras. I'm still getting used to the Corvette terminology. All I could remember about ordering the car was it seemed like the 2LZ and 3LZ trim levels were mostly track type modifications. Guess I'll have to see what it will take to have those cameras added.
Old 10-19-2015, 09:00 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,073 Likes on 6,172 Posts

I got the 1LT so guess I have no cameras. I'm still getting used to the Corvette terminology. All I could remember about ordering the car was it seemed like the 2LZ and 3LZ trim levels were mostly track type modifications. Guess I'll have to see what it will take to have those cameras added.
No, 2LZ and 3LZ are mostly interior upgrades.

Probably not easy to add them as the wiring is probably not present. Each wiring harness is built to match the options.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:32 PM
m3incorp
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 157 Posts

I hate to say this, but it sounds like you didn't do too much research before buying the car. Pull up the buying guide and you can see what is and is not included on each trim level.
Old 10-19-2015, 10:42 PM
Seldoon
Racer

Originally Posted by m3incorp
I hate to say this, but it sounds like you didn't do too much research before buying the car. Pull up the buying guide and you can see what is and is not included on each trim level.
Obviously I didn't do as much research as I thought I did. I was just taking a look at the options for the 2LZ option and I guess I overlooked the front camera option. I did remember that the 2LZ came with a one year subscription to Sirius/XM radio which I didn't want at all. I had found Sirius radio to be sorely lacking and too expensive. I also would have liked the heated and cooled seats and the memory option. Oh well. Water under the bridge now but the 2LZ option also had quite a few things I really wasn't that interested in.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:06 AM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 1,981 Likes on 1,141 Posts

For $100 get a curb alert. And please don't hammer this car until you fully understand its power potential.

If you drive it like you researched it we'll be seeing bad pictures of the results.
Old 10-20-2015, 10:12 AM
Seldoon
Racer

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
For $100 get a curb alert. And please don't hammer this car until you fully understand its power potential.

If you drive it like you researched it we'll be seeing bad pictures of the results.
I agree with you on hammering the car. Right now I still have my old Shelby which makes 750 hp and so many people with Shelbys have wrecked the car because of the power and also the fact that the car comes with really crummy tires (Goodyear). About a year ago I got on the car at over 70 mph and the rear tires started to spin and I lost control and ended up on the shoulder of the road. And that was with Michelin Pilot Sport Super tires on the rear. I've since replaced them with the Pilot Sport Cup 2, wider tires, and that seems to hold it.

Get notified of new replies

To Front camera

Quick Reply: Front camera