Sponsored by:

Corvette makes worst reliable list.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2015, 03:48 PM
kdavis69
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
A whole lot of people have no understanding of basic statistics.
5 out of 4 people don't even understand fractions.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:24 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by DickieDoo
The General has all the REAL stats that they (or we for that matter )truly need...

They can tell you how many cars are produced and the number of warranty claims made. It is in their economic best interest to continually reduce those costs SO... If you really want to know.... Ask GM
( or JD Power )

Would be nice is GM stepped up and quashed the whole BS argument.

Too much statistical noise when you ask a subset of owners.
and BTW, I don't recall anyone on this Forum telling us the THEY responded to the Consumers Reports survey... where are these people ?

Maybe they are not enthusiasts and think they bought a Cruze, so they will complain that the car rides rough and is noisy.
CR never asked me about my C5 or C6. Since they didn't ask me, does that mean that only the people they asked had problems and no one else did? You seem to think so.

If CR had asked me, they would have got an answer that I did have problems. Just because I'm a member of this forum, doesn't mean that my experiences related to Corvette's reliability are any more credible than the people that are not on this forum.

When FOX, or CNN or CBS, etc asks what people think of Hillary's honesty, do you think they ask every single person on the planet, in order to get a number for them to publish as a percentage? Of course not.

The number of people on this forum represents a very small number of C7(or Corvette at large) owners.

Just because a member of this forum wasn't asked by CR, doesn't mean that their numbers are not representative of the Corvette community at large.

Last edited by JoesC5; 11-06-2015 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:32 PM
TomHardesty
4th Gear

Default Fractions

Originally Posted by kdavis69
5 out of 4 people don't even understand fractions.
1/2 + 1/2 = 2/4. Simple.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:04 PM
SASprof
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 93 Posts

11,000 miles in 15 months and my late-build 2014 C7 is trouble-free. It's a dream car. Does that prove the C7 is reliable? No way. My car is just one out of thousands. Consumer Reports is well respected because they report statistics based on thousands of user responses. One vehicle does not prove anything.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:05 PM
DickieDoo
Drifting

Received 181 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
CR never asked me about my C5 or C6. Since they didn't ask me, does that mean that only the people they asked had problems and no one else did? You seem to think so.

If CR had asked me, they would have got an answer that I did have problems. Just because I'm a member of this forum, doesn't mean that my experiences related to Corvette's reliability are any more credible than the people that are not on this forum.

When FOX, or CNN or CBS, etc asks what people think of Hillary's honesty, do you think they ask every single person on the planet, in order to get a number for them to publish as a percentage? Of course not.

The number of people on this forum represents a very small number of C7(or Corvette at large) owners.

Just because a member of this forum wasn't asked by CR, doesn't mean that their numbers are not representative of the Corvette community at large.
So nobody on this forum has participated in the CR survey? Ever? I would have expected that at least one forum member would have?
Does CR say where they dig out these people who own Corvettes ?
Old 11-06-2015, 05:20 PM
SASprof
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 156 Likes on 93 Posts

I was smart and bought my C6 in 2006, the second year of its generation. Result: Horrible reliability problems. Thank god for the warranty.

I was stupid and bought my C7 in 2014, the first year of its generation. Result: Trouble-free.

Conclusion: Reliability is the luck of the draw. Consumer Reports only publishes averages. Your mileage may vary.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:40 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by SASprof
I was smart and bought my C6 in 2006, the second year of its generation. Result: Horrible reliability problems. Thank god for the warranty.

I was stupid and bought my C7 in 2014, the first year of its generation. Result: Trouble-free.

Conclusion: Reliability is the luck of the draw. Consumer Reports only publishes averages. Your mileage may vary.
the CR report has been slammed and made out to be a joke ..

I would just like to say ....I do not feel good about my rather large purchase being on any WORST list ...and I really doubt GM likes it either.
I also know that many companies ...when their product receives a good review from CR ...they make certain it is well advertised ...bottom line I would prefer if my C7 was on the most reliable list .
Old 11-06-2015, 05:49 PM
efarley
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TomHardesty
1/2 + 1/2 = 2/4. Simple.
1/2 + 1/2 = 2/2 or simplified, 1.... I'm hoping you were joking

Last edited by efarley; 11-06-2015 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 06:49 PM
DaveFerrari458
Melting Slicks

Received 1,984 Likes on 935 Posts

All cars tend to develop problems or breakdown.....some more than others though. The Corvette is no exception.

That said, GM should stop obsessing about keeping the Corvette ridiculously under-priced and pay more attention to quality & QC!! A Corvette would still sell very well even if it's base price was not at sub $60K.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:05 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Late to this info...Is this the first time for Corvette?
Old 11-06-2015, 07:13 PM
NSC5
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,100 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by DickieDoo
So nobody on this forum has participated in the CR survey? Ever? I would have expected that at least one forum member would have?
Does CR say where they dig out these people who own Corvettes ?
According to CR the survey only goes out to their subscriber base so unless you are a subscriber you won't be included. I doubt if the number of Corvette owners who also subscribe to CR is very large.

They do have a handy link on their survey explanation page so you can subscribe and participate next year

In other news National Enquirer probably has some breaking stories about new advances in alien technology if you are looking for magazine subscription opportunities.

Last edited by NSC5; 11-06-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:51 PM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveFerrari458
All cars tend to develop problems or breakdown.....some more than others though. The Corvette is no exception.

That said, GM should stop obsessing about keeping the Corvette ridiculously under-priced and pay more attention to quality & QC!! A Corvette would still sell very well even if it's base price was not at sub $60K.
Yea but do you really think we should be on the same short list as the Fiat 500 and the Ford Fiesta? Think about it. NOT ONE but TWO near $100K GM products make that impressive list!

Last edited by Black&White; 11-06-2015 at 08:10 PM.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:05 PM
KWC6
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

I just traded in my 08' yesterday for a 16'. Drove it 320 miles and my check engine light came on.. Probably bad gas from the dealer. Love the car. Screw Consumer Reports. I hate that mag along with the other car magazines. I need to update my avatar.
Old 11-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Black&White
Drifting

Received 140 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by KWC6
I just traded in my 08' yesterday for a 16'. Drove it 320 miles and my check engine light came on.. Probably bad gas from the dealer. Love the car. Screw Consumer Reports. I hate that mag along with the other car magazines. I need to update my avatar.
Maybe its a bad oil filter...
Old 11-06-2015, 08:55 PM
sdk
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

BS CR report!!
Old 11-06-2015, 08:57 PM
BlkGlass94
Heel & Toe

Default SweetCandy problems??

I don,t know how CR came out with the C7 making there least reliable list but my 2014 CR convertible must not have been counted! No squeaks rattles or problems with 3k on the clock. Maybe I am a lucky owner but with all the 14's that were sold, I don't think so. I love my Crystal Red convertible and would not hesitate to buy a 16 if I had to do it all over again. Love Corvettes!:
Old 11-06-2015, 10:16 PM
crystalgirl77
4th Gear

Default Bad Torque Converter and 3 other issues

My 2015 Corvette Coupe now has just over 7,000 mile; have been driving it since January 2015. 8-speed automatic torque converter started going bad in September by staying connected which causes my car to shake/shudder at all speeds. After problem stated was finally identified by GM, the fix is a re-design of the torque converter which is expected by mid-November 2015. When ready, new torque converter will be shipped from GM to local dealer for installation. For now, I was told just to drive my Vette as is. It certainly takes away from an enjoyable driving experience but Corvette loaner cars are not available (wishful thinking!). Another issue was the center console armrest leather separated and bubbled up. My car is kept in a garage and I use a windshield heat reflector when it is parked outside. This was replaced under warranty. Another issue was the rear driver's side body panels where the seam is became misaligned so one protruded past the other. This was re-aligned by a body shop and covered under warranty. Another issue is engine belt chirps on cold start up. Was fixed under warranty but the repair performed did not stop the problem. Dealer was notified and problem will be re-addressed when my car is brought back in for the torque converter replacement. I live in central Florida and I am the only driver of my car.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette makes worst reliable list.

Old 11-06-2015, 10:17 PM
crystalgirl77
4th Gear

My 2015 Corvette Coupe now has just over 7,000 mile; have been driving it since January 2015. 8-speed automatic torque converter started going bad in September by staying connected which causes my car to shake/shudder at all speeds. After problem stated was finally identified by GM, the fix is a re-design of the torque converter which is expected by mid-November 2015. When ready, new torque converter will be shipped from GM to local dealer for installation. For now, I was told just to drive my Vette as is. It certainly takes away from an enjoyable driving experience but Corvette loaner cars are not available (wishful thinking!). Another issue was the center console armrest leather separated and bubbled up. My car is kept in a garage and I use a windshield heat reflector when it is parked outside. This was replaced under warranty. Another issue was the rear driver's side body panels where the seam is became misaligned so one protruded past the other. This was re-aligned by a body shop and covered under warranty. Another issue is engine belt chirps on cold start up. Was fixed under warranty but the repair performed did not stop the problem. Dealer was notified and problem will be re-addressed when my car is brought back in for the torque converter replacement. I live in central Florida and I am the only driver of my car.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:42 PM
jason_marshall1
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2015 with only one issue

The price of premium fuel is my only issue... Beautiful car with no issues, funny my Grand Cherokee has several recalls and a class action law suit.
Old 11-06-2015, 10:55 PM
pltmgr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 360 Likes on 216 Posts

I was a Consumer Reports subscriber for many years. It seems they bashed every car I owned during this period yet I never had any reliability issues. After a while I felt CR was biased towards foreign made vehicles. Not sure how many C7 owners filled out the survey but I suspect the sample size was small making the validity questionable.

Quick Reply: Corvette makes worst reliable list.