Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top tier gas ???

Old 04-28-2016, 03:12 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by mschuyler
Been there. Done that, which is precisely how I discovered what I reported.

As I stated, around here the ONLY places you can get ethanol-free gas are Cenex and marinas. YMMV, but around here Cenex is typically sold by farm-oriented businesses such as feed stores. If you go to pure-gas.org, click on MAPS and then zoom in on WA, you will see that.
IF YOU go to Pure-Gas.org you will see that there are 243 retailers selling ethanol free gas in the state of Washington.

Among others I see Pacific Pride, Cenex, Union 76, Chevron, Shell, Conoco and Valero on the list.

I'm not familiar with Pacific Pride so I went to their website. They don't look to be a marina or a feed store.

Cenex is no different from the others listed above that are sold in your normal gas station/convenience store, and not at feed stores.

Of course, around the coastal area you would find marinas selling ethanol free gas, but there are plenty of stations inland that sell ethanol free gasoline in Washington.

Again I ask, is there a specific law in Washington that makes it illegal to either sell or purchase ethanol free gasoline for vehicles that are not boats or farm tractors?

I was in Washington two years ago in my Z06 and I purchased ethanol free gas and I didn't get arrested.

Last edited by JoesC5; 04-28-2016 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 05:37 PM
vdavenp802
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by awright2009
I usually fill up at quick trip for top tier premium 93 as Exxon and shell are overpriced by at least 10 cents. Ethanol is not bad, it has higher octane and on flex fuel vehicles gives you more horsepower. Most premium gets the higher octane from the mixed in ethanol.

One interesting thing is that water and gas don't mix (water sinks to the bottom) But if you add ethanol the water will disolve in, doesn't help performance much, but much better than trying to combust water

I like ethanol just to stop the whole foreign oil monopoly

Another interesting thing is that it's 85% ethanol and not 100% just to keep people from drinking the stuff, ethanol is alcohol, water it down and its vodka, it's actually fermented just like beer is then boiled to separate the alcohol content
it has higher octane and on flex fuel vehicles gives you more horsepower
Not really true. Using a higher octane rating that the engine is built to use gets you nothing except an empty wallet. This is a myth for the ages.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:09 PM
awright2009
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
it has higher octane and on flex fuel vehicles gives you more horsepower
Not really true. Using a higher octane rating that the engine is built to use gets you nothing except an empty wallet. This is a myth for the ages.
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/07/lingenfelter-performance-puts-the-2014-silverado-on-the-dyno-with-video/

I agree running higher octane doesn't do much (i.e. Putting premium in your Volvo is a waste of money, but now with variable valve timing they can advance the timing
Old 04-29-2016, 10:48 AM
felkebg
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 126 Posts

The only ethanol free gas I see is regular perhaps with the exception of racing fuel.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:17 AM
wgood
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Dads dream
Told by dealer service dept today to use top tier premium gas only. Using premium Liberty gas in my 2015 C7 base model and Liberty gas is not top tier. After reading top tier gas suppliers on line I noticed some of them have a percentage of ethanol in their blend. Thought ethanol was problematic for some high performance engines. I live north of Philadelphia and looking for comments/advise from forum members.....thanks in advance. ....
Gm recommends it for its direct injection cars !!! Even mentioned for my 2013 Buick La Crosse !!!! Wayne

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top tier gas ???