Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C7 Music SD Card location? (2016)

Old 10-29-2015, 04:34 PM
Nuclearranger
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman6161
Well, I guess I just assumed that a 2016 would have the SD Card slot in the center console like my '14 does. But I just looked at the manual online and the only place it mentions an SD slot is in the discussion of the PDR. In my '14 manual its specifically listed on page 4-3. Now I'm curios. It seems like a strange thing to remove???

That said, one could get one of these 64 GB usb drives for $21 on Amazon

Amazon.com: SanDisk Ultra Fit CZ43 64GB USB 3.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive Up To 130MB/s Read- SDCZ43-064G-G46: Electronics

I like these in particular (use one in my truck which doesn't have a card slot) because they are very low profile. In my truck when I was using a regular usb drive, it was always kind of in the way and I was always afraid I was going to break it off when reaching into the center console.

Will the 128GB one work? I have something in the range of 70-90gb of music
Old 10-30-2015, 02:55 PM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearranger
Will the 128GB one work? I have something in the range of 70-90gb of music
I'm successfully running a 128GB SD Card in my '15. I'm guessing a 128GB USB Stick will work, as well.

However... Note that the drive must be formatted in either NTFS or FAT32. I opted for FAT32, which seems to be more compatible with the C7 stock system. You'll most likely need to download some 3rd party app to format a 128GB drive with FAT32. Some will say it's not possible, but it is, as I've done it for both my music and PDR card.

My 14,000+ song collection works perfectly... and sounds MUCH better than streaming over BT from my phone.

Good Luck!
Old 10-30-2015, 03:38 PM
Nuclearranger
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by NostraD
I'm successfully running a 128GB SD Card in my '15. I'm guessing a 128GB USB Stick will work, as well.

However... Note that the drive must be formatted in either NTFS or FAT32. I opted for FAT32, which seems to be more compatible with the C7 stock system. You'll most likely need to download some 3rd party app to format a 128GB drive with FAT32. Some will say it's not possible, but it is, as I've done it for both my music and PDR card.

My 14,000+ song collection works perfectly... and sounds MUCH better than streaming over BT from my phone.

Good Luck!
If it'll take NTFS, then ill just use that rather than fight the FAT32 32GB size limitations...

Good to hear about the 128. I should be getting mine tomorrow! USB drives are fine with me, as they are quite a bit faster than SD cards anyway.
Old 10-30-2015, 05:33 PM
NostraD
Instructor

Received 57 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nuclearranger
If it'll take NTFS, then ill just use that rather than fight the FAT32 32GB size limitations...

Good to hear about the 128. I should be getting mine tomorrow! USB drives are fine with me, as they are quite a bit faster than SD cards anyway.
NTFS will work fine for music (maybe a little "quirky" here and there. However, if you have the PDR option, you must use an SD (or MicroSD w/Adapter) formatted in FAT32 ONLY.

Good Luck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Music SD Card location? (2016)