Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Interesting dealer mechanic statement

Old 10-30-2015, 12:00 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by thrilled
I'm willing to bet big money your doing 100 mph in 4th,you want to downshift and instead of
Going to 3rd you go to 1st.You can forget about the rev limiter.And they put it on the computer.The dealership is going to fix the blown motor?
Actually I think there was a recent thread about someone doing a money shift, and amazingly the dealer did fix it under warranty.

Last edited by DAFFYDRUNK; 10-30-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Flunked Mavis Beacon for the 3rd time.
Old 10-30-2015, 08:45 AM
thrilled
Safety Car

Received 618 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
Actually I think there was a recent thread about someone doing a money shift, and amazingly the dealer did fix it under warranty.
Yes now that you mention it,yes your right.I believe he didn't tell the
Dealership about the mis shift.And I believe the dealer didn't ask.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:34 AM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeLsx
I do think people baby there warrantied cars way to much.

once everything is warmed up, the car is made to take a decent amount of aggressive driving. First day i bought my corvette, it had like 5 miles on it. Better believe that thing it redline that day. The next day also.
Better believe GM engineers know more about how to breAk in an LT1 than you do. Believe that was not the way to properly seat your rings.
Old 10-30-2015, 11:59 AM
chas70
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by robert miller
Are they a true corvette dealer. What I mean by this is that dealer ship had the mechanic's to go to BG KY to be shown how to work on the corvette.

I have had my vette to 2 diff chev delers here just for a OBD2 problem both of them said it was good r couldn't find nothing wrong with it. One of the salesman told me to take it to the dealer in murfreeboro tn which is almost 100 miles away.

That none of the mechanic's had gone to BG KY plus to do that each dealer ship had to pay 25,k plus agree to take so many vette each year. He also told me they put the best mechanic ON THE VETTE'S & HOPE THEY COULD FIND THE PROBLEM.

My OBD2 port would not read nothing only thing you could get out of it was reading 11 volts. So I took it down & told the guy they had it back & I was out with in one hour told me the power pin was a little pulled over & not in the male hole.
Dealers are requied to have a factory trained C-7 mechanic to be able to get allocations but not to just service them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Interesting dealer mechanic statement