Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corvette Used to Lift Spirits of Woman With Alzheimer's

Old 10-28-2015, 01:41 PM
Detroit Steel
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Corvette Used to Lift Spirits of Woman With Alzheimer's

A silver 2014 Corvette helped put a smile on the face of Joan Jones, a 79-year-old woman in Virden, Illinois who suffers from Alzheimer's.

Read the rest on the Corvette Forum homepage. >>
The following 5 users liked this post by Detroit Steel:
1SG_Ret (10-30-2015), alienranch (10-29-2015), cyoul8rnj (10-28-2015), Duntov7 (10-29-2015), orwollma (10-28-2015)
Old 10-28-2015, 03:09 PM
Casey VP26
Racer

Received 112 Likes on 82 Posts

Great Great Story, Thank you.

I try to do this every day for my wife, weather Permitting. She really loves it. We even have her name and mine on the plaque. It makes our day.

Thanks Again.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:15 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,203 Likes on 13,921 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

to the daughter, salesman and dealership for making that lady's day.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:41 AM
1776DAVE
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

This is some thing we would and have done! When the wife and I stop we are always willing to let people look our AW sweet 16 over. Some times it is kids who we will then invite to "go ahead and sit in it" OMG the smiles , does it ever make their day! Many want their picture taken in it to remember it.
Some times the KIDS are even my age or older! I say that as every one we have let sit in it looks lIke a kid with that smile.
Does anybody else share their Vette with kids?
Old 10-29-2015, 09:53 AM
alienranch
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 112 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by 1776DAVE
This is some thing we would and have done! When the wife and I stop we are always willing to let people look our AW sweet 16 over. Some times it is kids who we will then invite to "go ahead and sit in it" OMG the smiles , does it ever make their day! Many want their picture taken in it to remember it.
Some times the KIDS are even my age or older! I say that as every one we have let sit in it looks lIke a kid with that smile.
Does anybody else share their Vette with kids?
There was this one kid (probably around 10) who I would see going into my neighborhood all the time. I often saw him as he was walking home from the bus stop, and ever time he heard the car, he would turn around and give me a . He often yelled out, "Love your Vette". One day, I told myself I was going to make his day, stop and give him a ride around the block. Then it hit me. The sad state of the world means that not only would it be dangerous for him to accept a ride from a stranger (nice car or not), but it would be crazy for me to approach a 10-year old and offer a ride. Even "stranger danger" aside, I imagine the parents would be furious (I would) that anyone would dare try to do that without my permission. Needless to say, I just drove past like always.

On the flip side, I give rides to anyone who wants one and am always grateful that we can share a little bit of happiness with others. I was once that kid watching them drive by.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:22 AM
moose.b3
Drifting

Received 169 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch
There was this one kid (probably around 10) who I would see going into my neighborhood all the time. I often saw him as he was walking home from the bus stop, and ever time he heard the car, he would turn around and give me a . He often yelled out, "Love your Vette". One day, I told myself I was going to make his day, stop and give him a ride around the block. Then it hit me. The sad state of the world means that not only would it be dangerous for him to accept a ride from a stranger (nice car or not), but it would be crazy for me to approach a 10-year old and offer a ride. Even "stranger danger" aside, I imagine the parents would be furious (I would) that anyone would dare try to do that without my permission. Needless to say, I just drove past like always.

On the flip side, I give rides to anyone who wants one and am always grateful that we can share a little bit of happiness with others. I was once that kid watching them drive by.

You know you would give that boy a memory he would never forget. Figure out where he lives and talk to the parents.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:41 AM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

This story really touches my heart and hits home.
Old 10-30-2015, 02:43 AM
REDZED2
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by alienranch

Sad but well said at the same time.
Old 10-30-2015, 01:06 PM
stingraymyway
Race Director

Location: Out of Site...Out of Mind. Corvette: anything else is just transportation.
Received 134 Likes on 103 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

Wow. That's awesome.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette Used to Lift Spirits of Woman With Alzheimer's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Corvette Used to Lift Spirits of Woman With Alzheimer's