Sponsored by:

Flex Plate Shield?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2015, 04:14 PM
bigfainer
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Flex Plate Shield?

I have a 2016 C7 automatic with 3800 miles. I have had a rattling sound at idle for about the last 1000 miles, when revved the sound goes away and then comes back at stop lights etc. I thought it may be the direct injection engine clicking noise in addition to the fuel pump noise. I finally took it in today to the dealer's corvette technician and he determined the noise was related to a flex plate shield riveting issue.
He said they would have to order the part from Charlotte and it would take a few days but I could drive the car in the meantime
Anybody have any comments or similar issue?
Old 11-03-2015, 06:13 PM
capecodvette
Drifting

Received 180 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfainer
I have a 2016 C7 automatic with 3800 miles. I have had a rattling sound at idle for about the last 1000 miles, when revved the sound goes away and then comes back at stop lights etc. I thought it may be the direct injection engine clicking noise in addition to the fuel pump noise. I finally took it in today to the dealer's corvette technician and he determined the noise was related to a flex plate shield riveting issue.
He said they would have to order the part from Charlotte and it would take a few days but I could drive the car in the meantime
Anybody have any comments or similar issue?
I recall reading a recent CF thread regarding Z06s being held up at the plant for this issue.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:45 PM
Murf
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2014 with 6800 miles is at the dealership right now. for the same thing. Takes about 3 days. One for the part to come in and about 2 days to replace it

Get notified of new replies

To Flex Plate Shield?

Quick Reply: Flex Plate Shield?