C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does it matter where I buy my new Corvette?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 02:21 PM
TBF
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Mythird1
While I realize Chevy dealers are independently owned, I'm not sure they can refuse to do warranty work. I would report them to GM Customer Service. If they still refuse I would somehow publickly embarrass them.
Mythird - I have been debating on doing something or just trying one of the other dealers. I am going to send an e-mail to GM customer service today. Unfortunately I have very little confidence that GM customer service is going to do anything other then recommend I go to the dealer I bought the car from. I have lost all confidence in GM, specifically Chevy customer support. I purchased a 2015 CTS for my wife last Christmas. The Caddy dealer is 35 miles from my house (the closer one is worthless). This is the 8th Caddy I have purchased 5 from the same dealer. The GM support there is great. I may see if they can help.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:31 AM
jnc4558
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com
Thanks! I know that we don't charge outrageous fees. In fact, even when we have a second fee for out of state service agency, our total is still less than what some other vendors charge.

However, some of our competition have decided to make our "fees" a selling point to try to make their prices appear more appealing and I get that.

So, here's the deal. If you buy a car from us we will offer you the service of taking care of your titling and registration for you and will charge you the fee. If you decide you want to do your own DMV work, no problem there. We'll let you register your own car and won't charge you any dealer fees. Your choice.

Dave
I can attest to that. I just visited Kerbeck yesterday to take delivery of my C7. No fees charged. Just the agreed car price and sales tax. Amoni was my sales person. He is a great guy. Very knowledgeable and friendly. The easiest car buying experience ever.
Old 07-24-2016, 01:45 AM
Randy G.
Race Director

Received 552 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalC7
Bought my Z51 from a state 1,600 miles away. No problem getting it serviced back here in CA.
Do you use Selman?
Old 07-24-2016, 02:08 AM
sailgunner
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You should have changed your policy two years ago and you would have made a sale. I am glad you didn't though because after I stopped the contract I found a better deal on the car I really wanted at Hendrick's in KC
Old 07-24-2016, 04:48 AM
air86
Burning Brakes

Received 77 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sailgunner
Get the best deal from the best dealer. I drove 1000 miles to buy mine. Kerbeck would not be my choice due to all their "rules" that end up costing more and their unwillingness to deviate from their rules. Put another way they are not user friendly.
What rules were they? When i purchased mine I ordered the car, went to pick her up and drove her home. I was in and out in less than a hour. I didn't notice any "rules"
Old 07-24-2016, 05:13 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,608 Likes on 6,621 Posts

Originally Posted by air86
What rules were they? When i purchased mine I ordered the car, went to pick her up and drove her home. I was in and out in less than a hour. I didn't notice any "rules"
Bought my C6 from Kerbeck, all negotiated on the phone. They were ~$5000 less than my local dealer (where I had bought two prior Vettes at significant discounts.) Most important, although early in the model year, they were able to get the specific options I wanted, like Z51, NPP, gray wheels, in ~2 1/2 weeks.

Picked it up with bank check for what we had agreed. Was out early on a Monday morning in about the hour you indicate it took you, and drove it home to SC. I recall did not need much review of features but Dave set up the Nav with my home address and it worked perfectly, even thru DC! Great to do business with them.

Last edited by JerryU; 07-24-2016 at 06:23 AM.

Quick Reply: Does it matter where I buy my new Corvette?