Sponsored by:

Are there any large Corvette dealers in Long Island, NY

Old 12-01-2015, 06:37 PM
AF330i
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Default Are there any large Corvette dealers in Long Island, NY

Hello Everyone, it has been a long time since I owned a Corvette, my last one was a 2006 C6 and back in the day there were 2 large Corvette dealers ... One was Ramp and the other was what I believe now is called Arnold in Babylon.

I am looking on the Internet and I don't see Ramp is around anymore ... Is there any large Corvette dealers ?

I always felt very comfortable buying from them because they always had a nice inventory and their service departments had great techs that knew the Corvette inside and out.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:47 PM
LIStingray
Melting Slicks

Received 461 Likes on 284 Posts

Large is a relative term.
Arnold and Atlantic are the two largest Corvette sellers on Long Island - neither sell more than 50 C7's a year, which is less than 5% of what Kerbeck and MacMulkin sell yearly.
While there are a ton of C7's on Long Island, 50%+ of them were bought at either Kerbeck (NJ) or MacMulkin (NH).
The following users liked this post:
Bob Paris (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 09:00 PM
AeroJim
Pro

Received 82 Likes on 36 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

Originally Posted by AF 4.2
Hello Everyone, it has been a long time since I owned a Corvette, my last one was a 2006 C6 and back in the day there were 2 large Corvette dealers ... One was Ramp and the other was what I believe now is called Arnold in Babylon.

I am looking on the Internet and I don't see Ramp is around anymore ... Is there any large Corvette dealers ?

I always felt very comfortable buying from them because they always had a nice inventory and their service departments had great techs that knew the Corvette inside and out.
Ramp went out of business about 7 years ago. Arnold is still in business and that's where I'll take my C7 for warranty and service work.

I bought my last 2 Vettes from Mac Mulkin in NH and the price and the buying experience was outstanding. I took the Orient Point ferry up and back. It,s a straight 2 hour drive up from New London after you get off the ferry. About a 4 hour trip in total. Got my last Vette from them a month ago.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:13 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

I'm also from Long Island and also brought my C7 from MacMulkin. As far as warranty work I'd also goto Arnold, stay away from Atlantic!
Old 12-01-2015, 10:21 PM
AF330i
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Thank you everyone for the responses, I appreciate it. It is too bad it is not like it used to be because when trying to decide on color, wheels, etc it was nice to go by those dealers and check out the inventory.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:54 AM
MarCorpsMustang
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AF 4.2
Thank you everyone for the responses, I appreciate it. It is too bad it is not like it used to be because when trying to decide on color, wheels, etc it was nice to go by those dealers and check out the inventory.
I'm originally from Long Island and live in Virginia now. If I were still there, I would head directly to Kerbeck in Atlantic City. They're the largest dealer in the country and you can select and negotiate the price on your car from their web page. I believe the bigger problem will be getting your car serviced somewhere reputable without having to drive all the way to AC every time you need quality service.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:28 AM
c8nukeZ51
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Kerbeck with 12% off and 80 to choose from

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...t-kerbeck.html

Last edited by c8nukeZ51; 12-03-2015 at 08:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:49 AM
PARANORMAL
SUPPORT AUTISM
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10, '14

Search through the Northeast Section, there are several threads there for dealerships in Long Island. There is info in regards to service techs from Ramp now working at different dealers. Arnold and Atlantic are still in business. I traveled to out of state dealers to try to find the best deal, this was back in Oct, 2013. I had Cadillac that I wanted to trade in(2013 CTS Coupe) and the dealers were not giving me much for the car even though it was brand new. After shopping around, I went to Atlantic and ordered my car. The salesman was extremely knowledgable and I had a very good buying experience, also received the most for my trade in. The service department, like many others that you read about in this Forum was not up to par with the service and maintenance bulletins for the Vette. My last recent visit there for my last oil change was the best one. All other times there were issues with the oil used and frequency. Info that I gathered from attending several Vette shows, it appears that Arnold is the place to go.

Last edited by PARANORMAL; 12-03-2015 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:50 PM
EJ1
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
I'm also from Long Island and also brought my C7 from MacMulkin. As far as warranty work I'd also goto Arnold, stay away from Atlantic!
What don't you like about Atlantic, I was told they have 2 techs certified to work ZR1? I haven't gone there yet and would appreciate your experience.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:01 PM
BlueDevilZ51
Melting Slicks

Received 389 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ1
What don't you like about Atlantic, I was told they have 2 techs certified to work ZR1? I haven't gone there yet and would appreciate your experience.
Cracked my rocker under the car lifting it. Looks like they used a monkey wrench and hacked up both of my drain plugs. They also over filled the oil by almost a quart and spilled oil on the fender and had oil dripping off the oil plugs with out cleaning it off. Besides that they were great.
I'd suggest going to Arnold in West Babylon.
The following users liked this post:
EJ1 (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 02:35 PM
EJ1
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueDevilZ51
Cracked my rocker under the car lifting it. Looks like they used a monkey wrench and hacked up both of my drain plugs. They also over filled the oil by almost a quart and spilled oil on the fender and had oil dripping off the oil plugs with out cleaning it off. Besides that they were great.
I'd suggest going to Arnold in West Babylon.
Yes I have serviced at Arnold, Chris is the Corvette tech that I have been pleased with. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 12-17-2015, 04:02 PM
alamo1974
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by LIStingray
Large is a relative term.
Arnold and Atlantic are the two largest Corvette sellers on Long Island - neither sell more than 50 C7's a year, which is less than 5% of what Kerbeck and MacMulkin sell yearly.
While there are a ton of C7's on Long Island, 50%+ of them were bought at either Kerbeck (NJ) or MacMulkin (NH).
Old 12-17-2015, 04:47 PM
Blvdbrawler
Melting Slicks

Received 226 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by EJ1
I too bought my Z from Mac Mulkin! Absolutely terrific experience and a nice ride home to enjoy as well. I think you can get a really good deal under MSRP there and theres never any BS fees and stuff like that. The price they give you is the price you pay.

The Long Island dealers typically carge WAY OVER MSRP and add all kinds of BS fees which I dont like. I dont want to be SOLD. I do however take my car to Atlantic to get serviced. They do have some well trained mechanics who know what they are doing and have exceptional service and correspondence.

USAA also offer discounts if your Military which is a nice perk!
Old 05-30-2017, 06:05 PM
AF330i
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

TTT ... just wondering since I posted this if anything has changed ... have any dealers beefed up their Corvette inventory or I am still having to go out of state if I decide to get a Corvette.

Getting my serviced is a big thing for me ... any special Corvette techs that you feel comfortable with here in Long Island.

Thanks in advance !!

Get notified of new replies

To Are there any large Corvette dealers in Long Island, NY

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Are there any large Corvette dealers in Long Island, NY