Sponsored by:

Phone icon 2015 C7

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2015, 04:59 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Phone icon 2015 C7

I am aware that when you start the vehicle you receive a message indicating your phone is connected however after that there is no icon that I can find indicating that the phone is in service. In all my other recent vehicles you did have an icon and which also showed signal strength and phone battery condition. I have checked the manual and can't find anything. Am I missing something that may be buried in a sub menu. Thanks
Old 12-15-2015, 05:11 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

On my 2014 Corvette the phone signal strength and battery level only show up on the phone screen (tap the phone icon at the top of most screens to get to the phone displays). On my 2014 Acadia the phone signal strength and battery level are on most all displays. The 2014 Acadia has limited texting while the 2014 Corvette does not. The info systems are not consistent across GM for whatever reason...

However, I seldom use the phone while driving and don't text while driving so it isn't a big deal to me. I bought the Corvette to enjoy the driving.

Ron

Last edited by RonC7; 12-15-2015 at 05:15 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-15-2015, 05:47 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Received 483 Likes on 320 Posts

Mine is the same way. Another example of GM's stupid software design.
Old 12-15-2015, 05:51 PM
HANNY
Safety Car

Received 156 Likes on 105 Posts

seems like when you are playing music off the phone it shows the battery level then? I think it just dependes on what screen you have up on your main lcd display.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:20 AM
defaria
Safety Car

Received 1,203 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by meyerweb
Why would that be stupid? Under normal conditions why would you care to see signal strength when you are not using the phone? And when you are using the phone aren't you on the phone screen? If you're battery is low the car puts up an alert so again, why do you need to have constant visibility to the signal strength and battery level?!?

I hardly ever use the phone while driving, except, of course, to play podcasts and music and occasionally Google Maps (cause the Nav directions are often wrong).
Old 12-17-2015, 05:20 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

It was a not a comment re the need for strength of signal or battery condition only an observation that in the many new cars I have owned, mostly German, that information was available. The conversation was about the need for a phone icon so that you know that the phone is on and functioning as in every new car I have owned recently.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:35 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by defaria
Why would that be stupid? Under normal conditions why would you care to see signal strength when you are not using the phone? And when you are using the phone aren't you on the phone screen? If you're battery is low the car puts up an alert so again, why do you need to have constant visibility to the signal strength and battery level?!?

I hardly ever use the phone while driving, except, of course, to play podcasts and music and occasionally Google Maps (cause the Nav directions are often wrong).
Well, I can think of a couple of reasons. One, to know that my phone is still connected, and hasn't dropped the BT, which does happen on occasion. 2. To know if I have a decent signal when I need to make a call using the voice control feature.

And just because you rarely use your phone doesn't mean the same is true for everyone. EVERY other car I've had with a BT connection shows the connection status on the screen whenever the phone is connected. The space used to display that in phone mode is simply blank in all other modes, so it's not like there wasn't room for it.
Old 12-17-2015, 05:38 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

you can see the status of the phone in the center pocket gauge if you so choose so, I keep it set for audio info but you definitely can have the phone status.
The following 2 users liked this post by themonk:
C5_LS1 (12-20-2015), Steve Garrett (12-17-2015)
Old 12-17-2015, 06:09 PM
Steve Garrett
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7,752 Likes on 4,181 Posts
CORVETTE TODAY Host
St. Jude Donor'15

More negativity.....pretty sad.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:37 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

Thank you meyerweb, you have explained the gist of this thread in a better way than I was able to. Now even the most challenged of us can understand and discern why the thread was started. As an aside this 2015 which I purchased 6 months ago, my first American vehicle in over 25 years, is fantastic I have had no problems and thoroughly enjoy driving it as my daily drive.

Last edited by jackvette09; 12-17-2015 at 07:38 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-17-2015, 08:06 PM
meyerweb
Safety Car

Originally Posted by themonk
you can see the status of the phone in the center pocket gauge if you so choose so, I keep it set for audio info but you definitely can have the phone status.
True, but at the expense of not seeing other information. There's empty space on the infotainment screen where the phone info is displayed in phone mode. No reason, other than poor design, it shouldn't be there all the time.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:07 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jackvette09
The conversation was about the need for a phone icon so that you know that the phone is on and functioning as in every new car I have owned recently.
The phone being on and functioning is a function of the phone - not the car. You mean that the phone hasn't died and the bluetooth connection is established.
Old 12-17-2015, 08:20 PM
defaria
Safety Car

Well, I can think of a couple of reasons. One, to know that my phone is still connected, and hasn't dropped the BT, which does happen on occasion.
Never happened to me. If the BT drops it's a bug and should be fixed, not bandaided with a phone signal icon on ever screen taking up space.

2. To know if I have a decent signal when I need to make a call using the voice control feature.
Again, you either have signal or you don't. If you don't have a decent signal you could find out by going to the phone screen if you're making a call or you can just make the call. I'm pretty sure you'll find out quickly if you do or don't have a signal.

And just because you rarely use your phone doesn't mean the same is true for everyone.
I can only relate to you my experiences.

EVERY other car I've had with a BT connection shows the connection status on the screen whenever the phone is connected.
Should I said just because every car you have had that doesn't mean the same is true for everyone?

The space used to display that in phone mode is simply blank in all other modes, so it's not like there wasn't room for it.
space != clutter.

Get notified of new replies

To Phone icon 2015 C7

Quick Reply: Phone icon 2015 C7