Sponsored by:

Gun safe

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2019, 11:19 AM
Oneslackr
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 167 Posts

Those of you storing your guns behind the infotainment screen might want to watch this. Don't end up having this happen to you. Skip to the 5 min 40 sec mark & watch from there.

The following users liked this post:
Jmhornz71 (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 11:27 AM
BEAR-AvHistory
Drifting

Received 702 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by vdavenp802
Yeah you gotta be ready to KILL. Please post your location so I can avoid it.
Have you considered machine guns coming out the grillle? And, rocket launchers out back. Go for it macho man....
Which is why deciding to carry is a very serious decision. Its so serious that the right to make that decision has its own section, the 2nd amendment, of the US Constitution. The basic document that established the national government and fundamental laws, and guaranteed certain basic rights for its citizens. Its not a permission slip for the population its a document that restricts what power the government has over them.

Had a machine gun, Browning M2 .50 caliber, on my M88 but think one might be a little over the top on my car.

BTW don't think you would be very happy in NC.

Last edited by BEAR-AvHistory; 02-01-2019 at 11:31 AM.
speed4tu (02-01-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 11:41 AM
orca1946
Le Mans Master

Received 453 Likes on 340 Posts

This has gone a LONG way from "Where & how" to store a gun!
Old 02-01-2019, 11:54 AM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Received 430 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by TyBoo
I have a couple of lock boxes similar to the ones linked on Amazon but with four number combo locks. I’ve only used it in the car once (trying to be legal driving through CA) and it fit inside the small compartment in the floor of the trunk on my vert.

Did you just place the lock box in the small trunk compartment or did you secure or tether the lock box to something? (CA law requires that the lock box be secured or tethered. I"m trying to see how people are complying with this.)
Old 02-01-2019, 12:35 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

If I recall there wasn't an easy spot to thread the cable that came with the box so I simply put it in the compartment. I may not have been as legal as I thought I was but I was happy with it.

I have permits for the states I frequent but rarely carry at all in the car. I figure there is a much greater chance of being smashed by a truck than accosted by a bad guy. I have no qualms with those who feel otherwise as long as they are responsible with their decision.
Old 02-01-2019, 01:22 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TyBoo
If I recall there wasn't an easy spot to thread the cable that came with the box so I simply put it in the compartment. I may not have been as legal as I thought I was but I was happy with it.

I have permits for the states I frequent but rarely carry at all in the car. I figure there is a much greater chance of being smashed by a truck than accosted by a bad guy. I have no qualms with those who feel otherwise as long as they are responsible with their decision.
I have carry permits as well. The issue is during the times that you're carrying and you need to enter a prohibited area, like a school, post office, courthouse, etc. Let's face it, we're not gonna drive all he way home to put the firearm in the safe and then drive to the prohibited area. In those instances the law allows us to store the firearm in the vehicle. I'm just trying to figure out how people are complying (in CA) with this (note: the cubby behind the infotainment screen is a gray area since it may be considered a "utility compartment" which is prohibited for firearm storage).
Old 02-01-2019, 01:43 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Have you considered machine guns coming out the grillle? And, rocket launchers out back. Go for it macho man....
My suggestion (that I make very seriously) is for you NOT to make authoritative posts which display your lack of even the most elementary level of knowledge
speed4tu (02-02-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 02:09 PM
Jmhornz71
Drifting

Received 476 Likes on 308 Posts

Well how about this It would be a bit of a pain. put it on top of the foam that sits above the battery you could even carve it out to fit the shape of your gun . unless people knew corvettes there isnt any indication of anything being under the carpet
Old 02-01-2019, 04:58 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

^ although creative, that wouldn't be considered legal. The firearm needs to in a locked container (that's not a glove or utility compartment) and must be mounted or tethered to the car.
Old 02-01-2019, 05:26 PM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

The Prius forum can be found elsewhere. Look no further than our country's political landscape. There are crazy people who do crazy things. Defending oneself and one's family is about the least crazy thing you can do if God forbid, the situation were to arise. Better to have and not need than to need and not have. Regarding your rockets - this is NOT rocket science.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:36 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepdiver
^ although creative, that wouldn't be considered legal. The firearm needs to in a locked container (that's not a glove or utility compartment) and must be mounted or tethered to the car.
I guess you're talking about Virginia?
Old 02-01-2019, 06:43 PM
Deepdiver
Burning Brakes

read my posts since reviving this thread. I've referenced CA several times and have not mentioned VA.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM
ImpliedConsent
Burning Brakes

Received 464 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by Deepdiver
read my posts since reviving this thread. I've referenced CA several times and have not mentioned VA.
My bad. It looked like you were speaking for Virgina - you know, where Jmhornz71 is from?

Quick Reply: Gun safe