C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introducing RideCache - with special offer for CorvetteForum members

Old 01-18-2016, 04:07 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RideCache - a great way to organize, manage everything you do to and with your car

RideCache (pronounced “ride-cash”) is a brand new web application and service designed to help car enthusiasts and collectors digitally organize, manage and preserve everything they do to and with their vehicles. Previously only available to private collectors and a few select car clubs and organizations, RideCache is now broadly available and we are excited to be new sponsors here at CorvetteForum.

Here are answers to a few common questions about RideCache:

“Why an app when paper/spreadsheet works just fine?” Well, the old school method really is just fine for some folks and that is OK – we don’t expect RideCache to be for everyone – but here are a few ways we believe an online app (and RideCache in particular) is superior to the old methods.
  • Your information is safe, secure and not prone to loss through fire, flood, decay, loss, etc.
  • Everything in one place – maintenance records, important papers, part records, event records, notes and pictures – all in an organization system purpose-built for car enthusiasts
    • Note: I am not lucky enough to have a new C7, but I did buy a new truck recently (have to be able to haul the toys around - and I was amazed at the amount of things I was able to user RideCache to capture for a brand new vehicle. I created at least a dozen new paper records to capture/preserve things like registration, sales records, brochure, window sticker, build order, door lock FCC ID key codes, remote entry codes, extended warranties, spare tire lock key codes and more. Plus many "wish list" entries for new upgrades and mods that I will track, complete and document with RideCache. Plus setting up notifications for all of my regular maintenance. Already a nice little RideCache for a brand new vehicle!
  • Easy to share with others if you choose - with fine grain privacy controls over who sees what
  • Easily searchable across multiple vehicles (ex: show me all of my batteries across all vehicles – boom, instant answer with info, receipts, pictures, etc).
  • Advanced features like notifications, designated managers, services, etc
  • Easy to transfer complete record to new owner
  • Accessible from any internet connected device, anywhere at any time
  • And finally – we won’t own these cars forever – there will be a next owner. And the likelihood is that the next owner will be from the Millennial generation (or even younger). These next generation car enthusiasts have grown up with, expect, and value digital solutions and they will value your car more if you can provide them with a well built RideCache record.
“OK, I get it, but there are tons of car sites/apps out there – how is RideCache different?” Great question – here are several reasons why we built RideCache and why we think it is different. (read more on our blog here: http://blog.ridecache.com/2016/01/13...ther-car-site/ )
  • Professional Tool, Not a Social Media Toy
    Being the best possible software tool for car enthusiasts and collectors is our primary goal, social is secondary.
  • Robust Privacy and Security
    With RideCache, you can confidently build a COMPLETE digital record of everything associated with your vehicles (yes, even titles, loan docs, appraisals, etc) - all in one place and safe from theft, fire, flood or loss.
  • Deep, Purpose-Built Feature Set for Enthusiasts
    Features to organize and manage tasks, wish lists, notifications, parts, paperwork, events and more. Notifications to monitor usage by time and/or mileage. Assigned managers to allow other trusted individuals access to help manage your account. And more.
  • Services and Support
    For those who want a great RideCache for their vehicles but don't have the time, ability or inclination to build their own we provide the RideCache Build and RideCache Valet services where our professionals will take your information and deliver a great RideCache for you.
  • Subscription-based, Pay Service
    And that is a good thing! It is about focus and development. Our focus is on you and your success and enjoyment as an enthusiast and collector. We spend all of our development dollars investing in ways to make your experience better - if we succeed and provide great value to you, we get paid.
    • No ads
    • Not trying to sell you anything
    • Not trying to sell your car
“Why does it cost money?” Yes it does cost money, but we do offer a free version and a discount for CorvetteForum members. RideCache is a subscription based service with plans that start at $20/yr for the Basic Plan that lets you manage 2 vehicles. The most popular plan is our Enthusiast Plan that lets you manage up to 8 vehicles for $50/yr (let’s face it, for many of us, this addiction goes way beyond 2 vehicles! And this allows you to also manage daily drivers).
  • The free version lets you manage 1 car with a few feature limitations (does not track events or resources). That version will be good enough for many people – and makes it easy for enthusiasts and collectors to try before subscribing. (we reserve the right to run ads on the free version – but there are none there now)
  • Professionally developed, highly secure, data intensive web applications cost money to develop, host and maintain. To pay for them and run a profitable business you either have to sell advertisements, sell the user's data or charge a fee. There are lots of car sites that do a combination of the first 2; however, we believe that car enthusiasts that want and need this service are willing to pay a modest fee for a service that is not covered in ads, not trying to sell them anything, and not mining their data for profit.
  • It is cheap (especially with the CorvetteForum special offer)! Considering the money we invest in our cars – the $50/yr cost for the enthusiast level subscription is probably less than the cost of an oil change on a single car (and with enthusiast level you can track/manage 8 cars). Plus we strongly believe that a well documented RideCache will easily pay back in tangible value when you go to sell your vehicle.
“Sounds like a lot of work…” RideCache is a tool. And like all great tools – you have to use them to realize their value. Many of you are already doing the work to scan receipts, build spreadsheets, upload pictures to the cloud, etc – so for you RideCache will be an easy transition and a welcome integrated solution. For those that are pure paper today – yes, it will take some work – but we believe the payoff is significant.
  • There are many that love organizing and documenting everything that is associated with their vehicles – it is part of their joy of owning special vehicles. These people will love building their own RideCache for their vehicles.
  • There are others who may love the idea of having a beautiful RideCache for their cars, but do not have the time or ability to build it out on their own. For these people we offer the RideCache Build service. Starting at $250/vehicle (depending on the amount of documentation and assets that will need to be converted and uploaded), the professionals at RideCache will do the work for you and leave you with a professionally built RideCache.
  • We also offer a RideCache Valet service that will help maintain your account on an ongoing basis for a monthly fee per vehicle.
  • If you are interested in either the RideCache Build or RideCache Valet services, send us a PM and we will get you the details.

Finally, a demo is worth a thousand clicks! We are fortunate to have Corvette enthusiast Danny Reed as an early RideCache Collector Level subscriber. Danny worked with our team and utilized the RideCache Build service to build his RideCache for his 3 very special Corvettes. Danny's Corvettes are definitely fully restored classics, so there is a rich history to capture. But even for our newer C6/C7 cars, RideCache is a great way to build that history now so you (and others) can enjoy it later!
  1. Watch a video tour of Danny’s RideCache here:
  2. Then access Danny’s RideCache for yourself here and have a look around. Note that much of what is in Danny’s RideCache is private, or only shared with his approved “Riders” so there is a lot more behind the scenes in Danny’s RideCache – but there is still a ton to see. Be sure to click through the Tasks/Parts/Papers and Events tabs below the picture thumbnails for each vehicle: https://ridecache.com/#/users/dannyreed
  3. Finally, go to https://ridecache.com to sign up and get started building your own RideCache! Special Offer: As a new sponsor, and for an introductory time period, we are offering forum members 50% off of your first year’s subscription with the code: CORVETTEFORUM50. Sign up at ridecache.com.
Please post any questions here in this thread and we will answer them as quickly as possible.

Thanks - the RideCache team

Last edited by RideCache; 02-12-2016 at 11:53 AM. Reason: better title
Old 01-18-2016, 05:10 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

This looks awesome. So your example cache is massive overkill for like 97% of car owners, but I really like this solution because I like to mod my ride. So I'm keeping paper, email and cloud information which I don't like. I think this will work for me because I can track the aftermarket stuff. Plus, if I modify an oem part, I track down that info (part numbers mostly can be a pain) in case I want to replace the modified part. Right now I'm using bookmarks. Lol. Not very efficient. This looks like it'll be nice to manage that and the maintenance I do on my own so there's a cohesive record of it. I'm gonna give it a test drive to see how it works.

Do you guys have plans for an app?
Old 01-18-2016, 05:40 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Great, very happy to hear that you think it will work for you. It is a great tool to organize and manage planned upgrades as you mentioned. In the past, I found myself doing all the research on websites, forums, etc – and then not having the time or money to complete the work right then. When I finally get back to it I have to start all over because I have lost all those notes and things.

With RideCache I capture all that work in two places. 1. By creating a “wish list” task for the modification and then using the notes feature to capture info from websites, forums, etc. And 2. By adding parts with a status of “needed”. Then the actual part record is there once I get around to purchasing it.

And yes, we are working on an app version. Let me know if you want to be on the beta list to test that when its ready.

Let us know how it goes and if you have any questions!

- Gary
Old 01-20-2016, 05:52 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Default RideCache is great for newer vehicles too!

In our introduction post, I shared the video for the Danny Reed Collection (see signature below if you missed it). That is a great example of the power of RideCache for highly documented classics and how it can build and preserve the value in these special cars; however, RideCache is great for newer cars as well - and even for our daily drivers. To help make that point, I wanted to post another video that highlights a RideCache build for a relatively new vehicle. Check the video out here (not a Corvette, but still a fun car):

Get started with a free account, or subscribe using the introductory offer for forum members of 50% off of your first year’s subscription with the code: CORVETTEFORUM50. That code is CASE SENSITIVE! Sign up at ridecache.com.

Please let us know what you think of RideCache and post any questions or comments here.

- Gary
Old 01-21-2016, 02:40 PM
63Corvette
Le Mans Master

Received 283 Likes on 199 Posts

Default Credit card?

Gary, WHY do I need to provide a credit card number if it is FREE?
I tried to sign up, but it needs a credit card???
Thanks,
Garrett

Originally Posted by RideCache
In our introduction post, I shared the video for the Danny Reed Collection (see signature below if you missed it). That is a great example of the power of RideCache for highly documented classics and how it can build and preserve the value in these special cars; however, RideCache is great for newer cars as well - and even for our daily drivers. To help make that point, I wanted to post another video that highlights a RideCache build for a relatively new vehicle. Check the video out here (not a Corvette, but still a fun car):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5juUOm88fw4

Get started with a free account, or subscribe using the introductory offer for forum members of 50% off of your first year’s subscription with the code: CORVETTEFORUM50. That code is CASE SENSITIVE! Sign up at ridecache.com.

Please let us know what you think of RideCache and post any questions or comments here.

- Gary
Old 01-21-2016, 02:49 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Garrett,

Please accept my apologies. You do NOT need to provide a credit card number for the free account, but the site is asking for one now. We are working to correct that.

I checked and your account was created and you should be able to log in and get started with the username and password you created.

Again, I apologize for it asking for the credit card - it should definitely not be doing that.

- Gary

Originally Posted by 63Corvette
Gary, WHY do I need to provide a credit card number if it is FREE?
I tried to sign up, but it needs a credit card???
Thanks,
Garrett
Old 01-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Woodson
Le Mans Master

Received 1,356 Likes on 784 Posts

Originally Posted by RideCache
Garrett,

Please accept my apologies. You do NOT need to provide a credit card number for the free account, but the site is asking for one now. We are working to correct that.

I checked and your account was created and you should be able to log in and get started with the username and password you created.

Again, I apologize for it asking for the credit card - it should definitely not be doing that.

- Gary
Same problem here. Can you help me out?
Old 01-21-2016, 04:36 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Yes, happy to help. And sorry this is not working correctly - we are working to fix this as quickly as possible!

If you went to ridecache.com to sign up and completed the left hand side of that sign up form, you have successfully registered for a free account (even if it gave you the error). You should be able to return to ridecache.com and login with the username (or email) and password that you chose in that form. Then you should be able to create your vehicle and get started building your RideCache.

If you have any problems at all - or have questions - please PM me and I will help.

- Gary

Originally Posted by Woodson
Same problem here. Can you help me out?
Old 02-02-2016, 06:51 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Default Getting the most out of your free RideCache!

Thanks to the many of you who have already signed up for your free RideCache account, or used your Corvette Forum discount to sign up for the paid service. For those that have not gotten started yet, we have a good “Getting Started” guide available here: Getting Started with RideCache.

If you missed our introduction post, see the top of this thread or the demo videos in our signature.

We have also streamlined the “Add Vehicle” process – so if you have not yet signed up for your free account it is now easier than ever to do so. Get started here: ridecache.com.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:53 AM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Default Converting paper records – can I really throw away my receipts?

We have received several questions/comments from users about using RideCache as an archive for all of their documentation and if we would suggest that you can actually “toss” all the paper copies we normally keep stuffed in file folders.

As the world increasingly goes “paperless” all around us – many of us no longer keep (or even receive) paper copies of important papers - financial documents, health records, utility bills, etc. This felt strange at first, but over time it has become a very welcome new process by reducing clutter, freeing up physical storage space and often providing improved access, archiving and search capability for these online records. For our car records though, the types of paperwork associated with our vehicles is still mostly actual paper (especially older documentation).

So can/should you be able to “toss” all that paper when you implement RideCache for your vehicles? It will depend on your personal comfort level, but I would say you should be able to confidently toss some of it – especially the bulk of your routine parts & maintenance receipts. For important or rare items you still definitely want to keep the paper, but RideCache provides a nice backup solution and a level of protection against complete loss in the case of a disaster. In practice, here is what many RideCache users are doing:
  • Routine parts and maintenance receipts - scan or snap a picture of the receipt, upload to RideCache and toss the receipt (a lot of these part receipts won’t be readable in 6 months anyway because of the paper they are printed on!).
  • More expensive parts and service receipts - upload to RideCache but file and keep the paper version as well.
  • Important papers – titles, appraisals, warranties, loan documents, etc – you will obviously keep the originals in a safe place, but use RideCache to securely archive digital copies as well (using the full “Private” privacy setting which is the default for papers).
  • Other papers – For restored vehicles with a rich documentation history, there can be a lot of paperwork even beyond the basic receipts including personal letters, press clippings, judge’s sheets, docs from prior owners, etc. But even for newer vehicles there is a lot of miscellaneous paperwork including things like purchase orders, door/key code cards, remote code cards, wheel lock ID's, accessory warranties, user manuals, etc. It is great to be able to have this all preserved and accessible in one convenient place in RideCache, but you will have to decide how much you convert and how much you also file and keep in paper form.

One final tip. More and more we are purchasing things for our cars online, which means we get a receipt by email. This makes it very easy to “print” that email receipt to a PDF file and upload into your RideCache with no scanning required.

Remember, RideCache is free to use with one car, then when you are ready to upgrade to a higher level (manage more cars, get more features), use the CORVETTEFORUM50 code (make sure to type all upper case!) for a 50% discount off a first year subscription to the paid levels.
Old 02-17-2016, 04:22 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Default RideCache - relief for those that suffer from CRS!

When it comes to organizing and managing our car projects, many of us suffer from CRS - Can't Remember Stuff. While there is no permanent cure for CRS, RideCache can definitely help reduce the symptoms by helping you:
  • Organize a To-Do list that can be accessed from any device
  • Build a permanent record of all that you have done previously
  • Provide email notifications for important tasks, parts and papers
  • Manage multiple vehicles in a single place with a master task list
RideCache is free to use with one car, then when you are ready to upgrade to a higher level (manage more cars, get more features), use the CORVETTEFORUM50 code (make sure to type all upper case!) for a 50% discount off a first year subscription to the paid levels.
Old 03-03-2016, 05:48 PM
0RideCache
Former Vendor

Default 5 ways RideCache could save you $100

Here are 5 ways that RideCache might be able to save you some money - or even make you some!
  1. Avoiding an expired registration/inspection fine - I know these fines can often be dismissed, but not without a fair amount of hassle and effort. By entering a simple notification for your registration and/or inspections, RideCache will include escalating yellow, orange and red notification flags in your notification email summary for your vehicle as these expiration dates get closer - making it much less likely you will forget to renew on time.

RideCache Paper notification for a required vehicle inspection (comes in an email summary for each vehicle)

2. Get ahead of a dead battery - as car enthusiasts, we are usually on top of the warning signs for something like a dying battery, starter or alternator. But what about the other daily drivers for your family? Or that kid off at college? With RideCache you can set notifications for parts like batteries to alert you when it crossed that 4 yr old mark so you can replace something before it leaves you or a family member stranded and in need of an expensive tow.

RideCache can track notifications by time, mileage or both

3. Keep track of warranties - many warranties go unused even when there are legitimate issues that could be claimed - simply because the owner doesn't know or remember the warranty terms, or still have the paperwork. It is simple to enter a warranty paper for any given part or service in RideCache, then set the notification to alert you when you are within 10% (or whatever % you choose) of expiration. That way you can remember to claim a warranty that you may be entitled to - or at least be aware to check for faults that may be covered.

Example of a longer warranty that will probably want to be claimed to have this clear bra refreshed before the 10 year expiration

4. Researching upgrades and modifications - doing this research, complete with needed parts, part numbers, suppliers, websites, notes and references to forum threads, etc can be very time consuming. With RideCache - you can easily create wish list tasks where all of this information can be organized and stored so that when the time comes to pull the trigger you don't have to spend hours trying to find things you researched and found a year ago. This can save you valuable time - and as we all know - time is money these days!
  5. Increasing the value of your car - the most important value that a well-built RideCache provides is a tangible increase in the value of your vehicle. We all know that one of the things we value when purchasing any vehicle is a well-documented history for the car. More and more, the buyers of our cars are going to be from the younger generation who will appreciate and value a robust, easily accessible digital record for these vehicles. That translates to an increased sales price for you as the seller if you can provide a beautiful RideCache record that you can transfer to the new owner with one easy click.
Of course there are other ways to manage the items listed above, but RideCache offers a fully integrated solution that is fun and easy to use, and offers many additional features designed specifically for car enthusiasts. And starting at FREE for a single vehicle, or just $20/year for the Basic level subscription for 2 cars, we believe you will easily realize a great return on your investment by creating and maintaining even the most basic RideCache for your car.

Get started for free today at ridecache.com or use code CORVETTEFORUM (all caps) to get 50% off of your first year for any advanced level subscription.

Get notified of new replies

To Introducing RideCache - with special offer for CorvetteForum members

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Introducing RideCache - with special offer for CorvetteForum members