Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vitesse Throttle Controller install/review

Old 06-21-2017, 10:02 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

A few reasons we've decided to change the design:

One single **** is much easier to use while driving, by turning the **** right or left to increase or decrease the Throttle response.

This new remote was designed in-house and we're very proud to say it is our unique design.
Lots of other companies are using now that same 2 button design, 90% of them are cheaply made knock-offs from China, they come in different sizes and shapes.

I also take this opportunity to explain a few differences:

Most other controllers will only amplify the signal by making the ECU / Throttle Body Blade think you have pushed the gas pedal much further than what you actually did, giving you more acceleration than needed.

Most other controllers will not decrease Lag (Throttle response ) which is the time it takes for your car to start acceleration after you have stepped on the gas pedal.

We use original OEM harnesses made by DELPHI, exact same one as your original harnesses.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:16 PM
twowinns
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by VitesseMotorsports

One single **** is much easier to use while driving, by turning the **** right or left to increase or decrease the Throttle response.

This new remote was designed in-house and we're very proud to say it is our unique design.
Lots of other companies are using now that same 2 button design, 90% of them are cheaply made knock-offs from China, they come in different sizes and shapes.

I also take this opportunity to explain a few differences:

Most other controllers will only amplify the signal by making the ECU / Throttle Body Blade think you have pushed the gas pedal much further than what you actually did, giving you more acceleration than needed.

Most other controllers will not decrease Lag (Throttle response ) which is the time it takes for your car to start acceleration after you have stepped on the gas pedal.

We use original OEM harnesses made by DELPHI, exact same one as your original harnesses.
Great product! I love how it makes my Stingray even more fun to drive.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:41 PM
driver9
Drifting

Received 109 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks for the explanation. I still really like the product. I keep it on 9. One of these days, when I can stand to do so, I will try dialing it back. But I keep asking myself why I would want to do that since it's so responsive on 9.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:21 AM
Carvin
Melting Slicks

Received 526 Likes on 354 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16

Originally Posted by TNSQUIRE
Whenever I am in stop and go traffic, I just reset my Vitesse to 0 and it's like being stock again. I keep the controller in the center console so it's easy to access.
Same. E0 in traffic, SP6 otherwise.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:39 AM
pdiddy972
Race Director

Received 532 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972
So you're essentially saying that the delay is within the signal the throttle pedal and its associated electronics are sending and not upstream at the ECU (adding delay once a given throttle position were sent)? Which the Vitesse is intercepting, removing the delays the throttle's electronics would have added?
Can anyone address this question?
The following users liked this post:
C82LT (07-24-2017)
Old 06-22-2017, 10:57 AM
Chazzmania
Pro

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Anyone deals on these right now? I need to buy one I have heard nothing but great reviews.
Old 07-06-2017, 12:18 AM
Jpiatchek
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I installed my controller in the morning on the 4th. I removed the pedal and the connector came apart easily. I installed the control in the console and it was pretty straight forward.
Then like a dummy, when I went to calibrate it I forgot to hold the switch down while I turned it to accessory and got an error code.
I went back and disconnected it and started over and it worked fine.
I read reports of sp9 being too touchy so I started at 5.
There was a noticeable improvement but then I tried 9 and I really liked it. It didn't feel touchy or hard to contol. It was just fine on the freeway too. I have a M7 and the car seemed easier to drive from a dead stop.
I only had about 30 minutes before the rain came. Been raining ever since.
To me the car feels more responsive and it is much more enjoyable to drive from a dead stop, especially on a hill. A real good value. I should have installed a year ago.
Only problem is that it is hard to read the setting in the sunlight with the top down.
I highly recommend it.
John

Last edited by Jpiatchek; 07-06-2017 at 12:20 AM.
Old 07-22-2017, 01:12 PM
dbaker
Melting Slicks

Received 263 Likes on 179 Posts

Ok,my question.

I'm ok with a little on throttle lag,but the off throttle lag is what bothers me the most.

Will it help with that too?

Thanks in advance.

\db2
Old 07-22-2017, 02:18 PM
stephen1254
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by dbaker
Ok,my question.

I'm ok with a little on throttle lag,but the off throttle lag is what bothers me the most.

Will it help with that too?

Thanks in advance.

\db2
If what you're referring to is being completely off the throttle and then getting back on the throttle, the controller eliminates that lag.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:48 PM
Prostreet513
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I am really considering putting this on my C6. Has anyone had issues with this damaging the ECM or anything? Is this recommended for H/C/I modded car with a tune? I don't want to screw up my tune or ECM. That being said, 98% of what I have read has been positive so far on here.
Old 07-24-2017, 01:28 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If your car is tuned, you should just have your tuner adjust the throttle response.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Prostreet513
Racer

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
If your car is tuned, you should just have your tuner adjust the throttle response.
I was thinking that as well but I like the idea that I can turn up or back off the throttle response manually as opposed to just being set in one mode on my ECM tune. I just don't want to screw up my tune or start throwing codes etc.
Old 07-24-2017, 04:45 PM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

Originally Posted by pdiddy972
Can anyone address this question?
I would like to know this too.

I’m trying to decide whether to get the ported TB, the Vitesse or both.
Old 07-24-2017, 08:18 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Originally Posted by WGGS
I would like to know this too.

I’m trying to decide whether to get the ported TB, the Vitesse or both.

You will need both:

A Ported Throttle Body will allow you to let more air volume into your engine.

A Throttle Controller will allow you to get that air volume a lot quicker into your engine.
Old 07-24-2017, 09:07 PM
C82LT
Drifting

Received 632 Likes on 352 Posts

You will need both:

A Ported Throttle Body will allow you to let more air volume into your engine.

A Throttle Controller will allow you to get that air volume a lot quicker into your engine.
I read that a ported throttle body would eliminate the lag.

Asked above, but does your device actually eliminate lag or simply adjust tip in? You may have missed that question earlier. You implied that you eliminate lag.
Old 07-24-2017, 10:59 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Originally Posted by WGGS
I read that a ported throttle body would eliminate the lag.

Asked above, but does your device actually eliminate lag or simply adjust tip in? You may have missed that question earlier. You implied that you eliminate lag.
Yes, it will eliminate Lag as well.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:21 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I tried a ported tb before I got the Vitesse and the two aren't comparable. If you were doing other things along with the throttle body, then it adds up nicely, by itself, it makes a small difference but nothing like the Vitesse. I don't know about a tuned car though.

Get notified of new replies

To Vitesse Throttle Controller install/review

Old 07-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Prostreet513
Racer

Originally Posted by Prostreet513
I am really considering putting this on my C6. Has anyone had issues with this damaging the ECM or anything? Is this recommended for H/C/I modded car with a tune? I don't want to screw up my tune or ECM. That being said, 98% of what I have read has been positive so far on here.
As far as I'm aware my tune only goes so far. I like the idea of this unit being adjustable so I can turn it up or back it down. Most of what I have seen appears to be good reviews but some of the negative leave me concerned.
Old 07-25-2017, 08:41 PM
VitesseMotorsports
Instructor

Originally Posted by Prostreet513
As far as I'm aware my tune only goes so far. I like the idea of this unit being adjustable so I can turn it up or back it down. Most of what I have seen appears to be good reviews but some of the negative leave me concerned.
You have a one year warranty on the Controller and a 30 day money back guarantee. What is your concern ?
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 PM
C2367
Drifting

Received 307 Likes on 133 Posts

From what I have heard is that the manuals have the lag and also I have talked to a owner of a 14 A6 that has a lag. My 15 A8 has no lag with a sensitive throttle response. The car is a Base with NPP , NO Mods but M/T DR's. Best 60' time of 1.633. Maybe the TQ management has increased on the 16 & 17's that shows up on the throttle responsiveness.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vitesse Throttle Controller install/review