Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Announcement Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Jameskapp001@gmail
Instructor

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by graj6
The quilted suede roof liner comes with all 3LTs in 2017, not with 2LT and 1LT. Note that the liner should be available as a separate part that you can peel off (peel your current liner off that is) and put the new one on your roof. I don't know the part number.

If you ordered a car with red stitching or red seats, I believe that also gives you red stitching on the liner.

However, you won't get yellow stitching on the roof. My yellow 3LT GS with yellow-stitching as an option only gave me dark grey stitching on the roof liner.
Just bought a GS with red stitching, roof does not have red stitching
Old 03-07-2017, 01:47 AM
maseratimerlin
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Our GS

Best regards

Edgar

Old 03-07-2017, 02:22 AM
Gator113
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi......

I am getting close to ordering a 2017 GS, 3LT. I had believed that at the bottom of the steering wheel would be a piece of carbon fiber. My sales guy says no, that this only comes on the "collectors" version. I know I have seen many youtube vids and photos with this piece on GS's that are not the "collectors" model.

Any ideas on how others get this piece included in their build??

Thanks.....
Old 03-07-2017, 09:43 AM
mountainears
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 988 Likes on 609 Posts
2018 Corvette of Year Finalist
2017 C7 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by Gator113
Hi......

I am getting close to ordering a 2017 GS, 3LT. I had believed that at the bottom of the steering wheel would be a piece of carbon fiber. My sales guy says no, that this only comes on the "collectors" version. I know I have seen many youtube vids and photos with this piece on GS's that are not the "collectors" model.

Thanks.....
VYW code: Premium carpeted floor mats with Grand Sport logo, LPO, interior brushed aluminum hash marks and seat and steering wheel emblems

I believe it is only available on the collector's edition as noted by the dealer, I've only seen VYW there. You could call one of the larger dealer vendors and ask them (and maybe even order through them, you may get a better deal). But I'm pretty sure he's right.

People have added ones after, I've seen some pics in the forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by mountainears:
Gator113 (03-07-2017), Judgment Day (03-08-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 11:23 AM
maseratimerlin
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have orderd my flat bottom steering wheel carbon bezel here and waiting to ship it to Germany. The normal one is so ugly.

https://www.corvettemods.com/C7-Corv...n_p_16005.html

Best regards

Edgar

Last edited by maseratimerlin; 03-07-2017 at 11:24 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Gator113 (03-07-2017)
Old 03-07-2017, 03:51 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Jameskapp001@gmail
Just bought a GS with red stitching, roof does not have red stitching
Yes, my assumption in August was incorrect (it was based off a picture Chevy showed off with the red-stitched roof liner). Apparently, that red stitched liner never made it to production.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
MrVetteAddiction
Racer

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by maseratimerlin
Our GS

Best regards

Edgar

That is one good looking combination.
maseratimerlin (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 02:41 AM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by mountainears
VYW code: Premium carpeted floor mats with Grand Sport logo, LPO, interior brushed aluminum hash marks and seat and steering wheel emblems

I believe it is only available on the collector's edition as noted by the dealer, I've only seen VYW there. You could call one of the larger dealer vendors and ask them (and maybe even order through them, you may get a better deal). But I'm pretty sure he's right.

People have added ones after, I've seen some pics in the forum.
I'll chime in with this since you mentioned the ordering process. As you know from the Collector's Thread, I did make a recent order a couple of weeks ago. Even though it's a 2LT, it does have the VYW option listed on my form which I'm looking at as we speak.

There's no cost alongside the code, so this leads me to believe that if VYW gives you this feature, it might be bundled with something else I ordered. If I was to guess, that would be the FAY option, which is the carbon fiber interior trim priced at $995. I can contact someone directly tomorrow to confirm and give you a definitive answer then. This is definitely an Easter Egg because you never "see" the change on the site's build configuration page unless you go directly to the Collector's Edition.

Last edited by Judgment Day; 03-08-2017 at 02:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:09 AM
Gator113
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Judgment Day
I'll chime in with this since you mentioned the ordering process. As you know from the Collector's Thread, I did make a recent order a couple of weeks ago. Even though it's a 2LT, it does have the VYW option listed on my form which I'm looking at as we speak.

There's no cost alongside the code, so this leads me to believe that it might be bundled with something else I ordered. If I was to guess, that would be the FAY option, which is the carbon fiber interior trim priced at $995. I can contact someone directly tomorrow to confirm and give you a definitive answer then. This is definitely an Easter Egg because, you never "see" the change on the site's build configuration page unless you go directly to the Collector's Edition.
I find it strange that I can't order this steering wheel piece, considering mine is 3LT, I went with the visible carbon fiber trim piece for $995 and my top is visible carbon fiber, a couple more grand. I included the rockers and splitter with carbon flash for around 3k. LOL if need be, I'll get it after market.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:39 AM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

If you're on the website's official Corvette Build config page, ordering the Carbon Fiber interior trim won't show the change regardless of 1LT-3LT trim. If the steering wheel piece comes with a subsequent option but isn't shown, that would come off as very confusing for the potential buyer. And it's not the first error I've seen on the site: Ordering a Visible Carbon Fiber Ground Effects package didn't show the upgraded spoiler on the preview image only for the Grand Sport configuration for whatever reason. They fixed it, but for a time, they still showed the standard spoiler.

Since I placed an order, alongside the GM-Workbench Order Receipt that was given to me, I'll inquire about it tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Last edited by Judgment Day; 03-08-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Gator113 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:47 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Gator113 - Here's the answer I received:

"The steering wheel with the carbon is the Alcantara covered wheel. It can be had with the microfiber inserts on the comp or standard seats."

So you can get this option by ordering the following from the website's Competition/Regular seats Color section:
  1. Adrenalin Red, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  2. Gray, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  3. Jet Black, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  4. Kalahari, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts

If you need to order from the dealer directly, they'll need actual codes versus what's on the website. That will come in the form of the 2017 Order Guide. You can match the option you want with the code depending on model/trim/coupe or convertible.

If you really want to get developer saavy, you can open your browser debugger (F12) and inspect either their modals or options directly on the site. They prepend most of their element classes with the order code. But that's the front end developer in me talking
Gator113 (03-10-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 04:53 PM
Gator113
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Judgment Day
Gator113 - Here's the answer I received:

"The steering wheel with the carbon is the Alcantara covered wheel. It can be had with the microfiber inserts on the comp or standard seats."

So you can get this option by ordering the following from the website's Competition/Regular seats Color section:
  1. Adrenalin Red, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  2. Gray, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  3. Jet Black, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts
  4. Kalahari, Leather seating surfaces with sueded microfiber inserts

If you need to order from the dealer directly, they'll need actual codes versus what's on the website. That will come in the form of the 2017 Order Guide. You can match the option you want with the code depending on model/trim/coupe or convertible.

If you really want to get developer saavy, you can open your browser debugger (F12) and inspect either their modals or options directly on the site. They prepend most of their element classes with the order code. But that's the front end developer in me talking
Thank you very much. You gave me much more of an answer than the dealer I have been talking to.
Old 03-10-2017, 05:09 PM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

You can thank Al@MatickChevy for that one (from George Matick Chevy in Michigan). He's pretty informative and straight forward, but I'm glad I was able to help. Not sure why your dealer would give you such information other than...I "think" there's an exclusive emblem in addition to the insert on the Collector's Edition wheel. You'd have to ask some of the CE owners or go to the CE thread on that one. Could've been a misunderstanding when consulting with the dealer. Now if you explicitly told him what you wanted, and he still didn't get it...well...I'd ask him more questions to test the validity of the person you're dealing with.

Oh, and remember when I told you how the website has some inconsistent visual effects based on the ordered options? Well, the Carbon Flash GS stripe is now gray vs black (making it MUCH harder to see when ordering Watkins Glen Gray), and they have the WRONG hash colors on the GS Collector's Edition. I have no idea why this changed. Tech monkeys must be on vacation playing Nintendo Switch :/

Last edited by Judgment Day; 03-10-2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:00 AM
Niemienator
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by maseratimerlin
Our GS

Best regards

Edgar

Congrats - Beautiful!

I wish GM would make the turn signal indicators in the mirrors and the headlight waters standard in the US too.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:11 AM
4GS7
Melting Slicks

Received 114 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Niemienator
Congrats - Beautiful!

I wish GM would make the turn signal indicators in the mirrors and the headlight waters standard in the US too.
I agree. They also get larger mirrors, which I am certainly not opposed to.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:46 PM
djnice
Melting Slicks

Received 516 Likes on 445 Posts

The front plate mount looks good too.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM
2cnd Chance
Melting Slicks

Received 976 Likes on 532 Posts

Larger mirrors, No! Headlight washers, definitely NO! Enough with the regulations.

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport Announcement Thread

Old 03-18-2017, 08:16 PM
jivor
Pro

Received 224 Likes on 141 Posts

Yeah, the side mirrors are fine in their current compact size, the Europeans can keep their elephant ears thank you very much.
jclarksnakes (03-18-2017)
Old 03-22-2017, 09:08 AM
redman76
Melting Slicks

Received 347 Likes on 253 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Gator113
Hi......

Thanks.....
I have on my 1LT. I believe it is because I ordered the comp seats that have the same CF trim.
Gator113 (03-23-2017)
Old 05-23-2017, 01:33 PM
DakotaVette
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Painted hood vent

Originally Posted by Davids65
I ordered a paint hood vent it should be in soon!

I was looking at the various GS posts and saw you had ordered a painted hood vent. I didn't order the stripes when I ordered my GS so now I am getting them installed, but have not done anything about the hood vent. If I can ask, where did you order the hood vent from? Thanks

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Announcement Thread