Sponsored by:

Screen glitch in Radio Mode

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 09:15 AM
jonathanolefson
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screen glitch in Radio Mode

My infotainment screen has a glitch when I use the radio - but not when the screen is in any other model. For example, it works fine when I use CarPlay.

As you can see from the pictures, in radio mode the radio screen only uses half of the display. Text is jumbled and several lines of text are over-layed on top of each other. I only have one row of "favorites" selected in options, so no idea what's going on here.

Any ideas?

Old 03-22-2016, 10:08 AM
PUGPROUD
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

These screens have been a problem for many of us. I'm on my second one replaced by the dealer under warranty. The new one was working fine when I put her away for the winter but now on my first drive this spring the screen is jumbled only when I play my MP3 player. Will live with it until next oil change in a few months. The only recommendation I would make is to take it to your dealer to fix/replace and to establish a record of failure. Once our cars are out of warranty this will be an expensive replacement unless you have a record of prior failures/fixes at the dealership and request dealer/GM to fix as a customer courtesy considering prior failures.
The following users liked this post:
jonathanolefson (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 11:14 AM
Hoonose
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 66 Posts

I think mine does that too when the row of stations is displayed on the bottom. This squishes the screen. Eliminate the row of stations by sweeping it down with your finger, and I think the whole display comes up like you want.

Last edited by Hoonose; 03-22-2016 at 11:14 AM.
PUGPROUD (03-22-2016)
Old 03-22-2016, 05:18 PM
05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Burning Brakes

Received 231 Likes on 146 Posts

Mine was looking like this too.
Press your finger in the middle of the screen, and lower your finger while continuing to press down- should lower the favorite channels and stop everything from looking jumbled
Old 03-22-2016, 05:22 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by 05XLRtoC7_San Diego
Mine was looking like this too.
Press your finger in the middle of the screen, and lower your finger while continuing to press down- should lower the favorite channels and stop everything from looking jumbled
This is the correct answer. Absolutely nothing wrong with your screen or the infotainment system. The "favorites" can be expanded to display multiple rows, even if you have no more than 5 favorites.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:48 PM
bradc6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 352 Likes on 197 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
This is the correct answer. Absolutely nothing wrong with your screen or the infotainment system. The "favorites" can be expanded to display multiple rows, even if you have no more than 5 favorites.
Is that what the little arrow below "TUNE" indicates?
Old 03-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

Originally Posted by bradc6
Is that what the little arrow below "TUNE" indicates?
Yep, but you have to put your finger a little below that to make sure you don't get the "Tune" selection. The blank line just above the first row of favorites and just below the little arrow is about the right place. I think you can put your finger anywhere along that to "push" the favorites down.
Old 03-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Patches
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 889 Likes on 587 Posts

No idea but I do like your choice of XM stations.
Old 03-23-2016, 06:36 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by jonathanolefson
My infotainment screen has a glitch when I use the radio - but not when the screen is in any other model. For example, it works fine when I use CarPlay.

As you can see from the pictures, in radio mode the radio screen only uses half of the display. Text is jumbled and several lines of text are over-layed on top of each other. I only have one row of "favorites" selected in options, so no idea what's going on here.

Any ideas?

Hello jonathanolefson,

I am sorry to see you’re experiencing this unexpected concern with your Infotainment screen in your Corvette. Have you brought this to your dealership’s attention? I see that you are seeking advice from other forum members, but don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you would like to visit your dealership for a service visit. We would be happy to contact them on your behalf and provide support on our end. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if this is something of interest to you.

Another avenue of possible assistance is the Infotainment Help Center. They may be reached at 855-478-7767 and their hours of operation are 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Monday through Saturday.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 03-24-2016, 08:15 PM
jonathanolefson
4th Gear

Thanks everyone for your help - I am going to try to resolve this tonight when I get home.

This is my first Corvette and it's absolutely AWESOME!!! Pure American power.
Old 03-26-2016, 01:34 PM
jonathanolefson
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Yep, but you have to put your finger a little below that to make sure you don't get the "Tune" selection. The blank line just above the first row of favorites and just below the little arrow is about the right place. I think you can put your finger anywhere along that to "push" the favorites down.
This worked perfectly. Thanks for the tip - it was not intuitive to me at all.
Zymurgy (03-26-2016)
Old 03-27-2016, 03:06 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Hello jonathanolefson,

I am sorry to see you’re experiencing this unexpected concern with your Infotainment screen in your Corvette. Have you brought this to your dealership’s attention? I see that you are seeking advice from other forum members, but don’t hesitate to reach out to us if you would like to visit your dealership for a service visit. We would be happy to contact them on your behalf and provide support on our end. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if this is something of interest to you.

Another avenue of possible assistance is the Infotainment Help Center. They may be reached at 855-478-7767 and their hours of operation are 8:00 am to 10:00 pm EST, Monday through Saturday.

Sincerely,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
It's interesting that you would post all of this after the correct answer had already been provided and confirmed.
Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM
LOVINC7
Navigator

I am having the same issue...great to find the answers on the forum!!
Old 09-30-2019, 12:25 PM
x2cruze
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Julie, I have a 2014 Stingray that has lost the 5 preset buttons on the radio screen. I can access them from other screens? I was told by the dealer that it was caused by an update. I am having trouble accepting that you cant change stations from the radio screen.
Is anyone else having this issue. I tried pulling them up from the bottom thinking they were just hidden with no success

Get notified of new replies

To Screen glitch in Radio Mode

Quick Reply: Screen glitch in Radio Mode