Old 01-16-2024, 09:02 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Pedal Commander - Current Users Question

I really don't want this thread to be a Pedal Commander vs Soler argument. I just bought a PC49 Pedal Commander brand new in box (purchased last October) from someone local that just sold their C7 and never installed it.

Most of the recent threads discussing the Pedal Commander usually migrates to everyone suggesting the Soler throttle controller. I don't doubt the Soler version is excellent, BUT I would like to hear from those of you that have the Pedal Commander installed, and how satisfied you are with the performance.

I COMPLETELY understand that these throttle controllers DO NOT increase power and what it actually does, but I just want to know what the Pedal Commander folks think.

Also, I plan to use the app to control the parameters. Any feedback on the app would be appreciated as well!

THANKS in advance!!

Last edited by MacA1979; 02-05-2024 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-16-2024, 06:05 PM
fuzzy03cls
Pro

Received 266 Likes on 149 Posts

Had one on my Charger. The app would not always connect on the 1st try. Be careful with the settings, The sport+ & full levels made the gas so twitchy it bucked at low speeds. I settled on sport +3. Still was a little twitchy in low speed traffic. Also put my car into limp mode a few times. Tried to change settings on the app & it wouldn't respond so I kept hitting the setting. Didn't like that. Engine cycle reset it.
The following users liked this post:
MacA1979 (01-17-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 09:04 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

I guess I am REALLY surprised by the lack of responses from C7 users!

Are those of you that have the Pedal Commander embarrassed to admit it?

It was an impulse buy. I had not done my due diligence like I typically do! And afterwards all I find are a few scattered reasonably-positive reviews, but just about as many not-so-reasonably-positive reviews.

I really want to get a better feeling about this installation! Right now I am looking at cutting my losses! I know I can try it and hope for the best, but I'd rather keep it new-in-box if I decide to sell it!

Let me hear from you Pedal Commander supporters ..... Please! (pretty pathetic, huh!)

Last edited by MacA1979; 01-17-2024 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:19 AM
SounderMN
Racer

Received 137 Likes on 76 Posts

It's easy to install and test, so why not give it a shot? If you don't like it, it's easy to remove. And, someone will be happy to buy it.
Old 01-17-2024, 09:25 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by SounderMN
It's easy to install and test, so why not give it a shot? If you don't like it, it's easy to remove. And, someone will be happy to buy it.
As I mentioned in my last post, I know it is easy to try, but I was hoping to get a few encouraging words before doing so. If I have to sell then I am better off selling as new-in-box, never installed.

Thanks for talking the time to reply!
Old 01-17-2024, 12:45 PM
Gixxerman

Received 3,747 Likes on 2,126 Posts
2023 Corvette of the Year Winner - Modified
2022 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
St. Jude Donor '18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

From what I read from users there are problems. The most I read are from Camaro folks.. I know you will hate it, but the Soler is tried and proven unit for the C7, seamless software for the BT version app has been perfect... Personally I would just sell it as new..
The following 2 users liked this post by Gixxerman:
MacA1979 (01-17-2024), mzbrooks (01-23-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 01:03 PM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Gixxerman
From what I read from users there are problems. The most I read are from Camaro folks.. I know you will hate it, but the Soler is tried and proven unit for the C7, seamless software for the BT version app has been perfect... Personally I would just sell it as new..
DEFINITELY leaning that way!!
mzbrooks (01-23-2024)
Old 01-17-2024, 03:41 PM
capt911
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Just bought a C7 and learning from the forum here. Had a pedal commander on 5.0 Coyote in my F150. It definitely changed the go Pedal sensitivity. It worked well for a year then all of a sudden the truck kept going into limp mode

i I had no idea the pedal commander was the problem. They say it won’t affect your warranty but to be safe pulled it out before I was going to take to the dealer just so no questions asked

I assume the one for the C7 is the same installation just an inline device plug and play at your electronic gas pedal. Well my plugs were almost welded together and had to very carefully ply them apart without breaking them. It took awhile. I put them back together as it came from the factory and all of a sudden the truck ran normally again

something obviously happened to make them that hot to almost weld together. It was a fun toy and did add some throttle response. But personally I would not buy another one and just drive my truck in sport mode if I want quicker response. IMHO would not buy one for my vette or use even if free.

I have heard good things about the throttle body upgrade and might consider that in the near future as it seems very tested and documented. Just my 2 cents
The following 2 users liked this post by capt911:
MacA1979 (01-17-2024), mzbrooks (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 04:03 PM
mzbrooks
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Gixxerman
Thanks for the good word!
Old 01-23-2024, 04:04 PM
mzbrooks
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MacA1979
DEFINITELY leaning that way!!
Whether you decide to go with a Controller or a Throttle Body in the future, we'd love to work with you and your ride. Use code LL5%OFF for a discount at checkout. Cheers!
MacA1979 (01-23-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 09:05 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

FINAL NOTES.....After A LOT of additional research (CF and Google), I NEVER found enough positive feedback on the Pedal Commander to give me confidence in using it on my Vette. I even researched other vehicle manufacturer forums.

The common story I found was the PC mostly worked as described INITIALLY, then within a year most users report the inevitable engine codes and their vehicles going into limp-mode. Don't get me wrong, there were several very happy PC customers. Just not a high enough percentage that could give me a warm-fuzzy! What really struck me was that I never found one post by a Pedal Commander rep, in any of these forums, offering to help troubleshoot these issues!

On the other hand, I have read numerous glowing recommendations for the products and systems developed and sold by Soler Performance. And not only that, we have Mike from Soler Performance as an active member here on CorvetteForum explaining and promoting their products.

So, I was able to sell my Pedal Commander at a little bit of a loss. And I hope that the new owner is one of the lucky ones that doesn't have any issues "down-the-road"!!

And I purchased the Soler Throttle Controller yesterday afternoon and it is already on its way! Not ready to buy the throttle body. But that will probably be the next purchase for my Vette. One step at a time!!

Last edited by MacA1979; 02-03-2024 at 09:11 AM.
mzbrooks (02-05-2024)
Old 02-03-2024, 10:59 PM
gordoni
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 30 Posts

You're going to love the Soler products. Went with their TB and TC. The car is so much more lively now.
The following 2 users liked this post by gordoni:
MacA1979 (02-04-2024), mzbrooks (02-05-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 01:50 PM
Itsmebryan
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by MacA1979
FINAL NOTES.....After A LOT of additional research (CF and Google), I NEVER found enough positive feedback on the Pedal Commander to give me confidence in using it on my Vette. I even researched other vehicle manufacturer forums.

The common story I found was the PC mostly worked as described INITIALLY, then within a year most users report the inevitable engine codes and their vehicles going into limp-mode. Don't get me wrong, there were several very happy PC customers. Just not a high enough percentage that could give me a warm-fuzzy! What really struck me was that I never found one post by a Pedal Commander rep, in any of these forums, offering to help troubleshoot these issues!

On the other hand, I have read numerous glowing recommendations for the products and systems developed and sold by Soler Performance. And not only that, we have Mike from Soler Performance as an active member here on CorvetteForum explaining and promoting their products.

So, I was able to sell my Pedal Commander at a little bit of a loss. And I hope that the new owner is one of the lucky ones that doesn't have any issues "down-the-road"!!

And I purchased the Soler Throttle Controller yesterday afternoon and it is already on its way! Not ready to buy the throttle body. But that will probably be the next purchase for my Vette. One step at a time!!
I got the same feeling about PC and ended up getting the Bank's pedal controller.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:24 PM
cdgrafix
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

I just received my Pedal Commander couple days ago, haven't installed yet but am now seriously considering sending it back and purchasing the Banks Pedal Monster.
Old 02-29-2024, 03:38 PM
Itsmebryan
Advanced

Originally Posted by cdgrafix
I just received my Pedal Commander couple days ago, haven't installed yet but am now seriously considering sending it back and purchasing the Banks Pedal Monster.
Bank's was having a sale and I got mine for $250. Have you watched Bank's video on YouTube about the pedal commander and their product?
Old 02-29-2024, 03:44 PM
mdolandese
Melting Slicks

Received 747 Likes on 561 Posts

One other thing to take into consideration. No matter what the issue is (if you ever have one) with Soler wheather it’s a TB or TC Mike will 100% make it right and I’m very confident with that statement. Can’t say it enough his customer service wanted to please is off the charts!
Old 03-01-2024, 09:17 AM
capt911
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by mdolandese
One other thing to take into consideration. No matter what the issue is (if you ever have one) with Soler wheather it’s a TB or TC Mike will 100% make it right and I’m very confident with that statement. Can’t say it enough his customer service wanted to please is off the charts!
Agreed 100%. Solar has awesome customer service and stand behind their products. I have recently bought both for my C7 and got core credit one day after returning mine 👍🏻
very pleased with both products. Can not say the same for Peddle Commander from previous experience.

Get notified of new replies

To Pedal Commander - Current Users Question

Old 03-04-2024, 01:58 PM
cdgrafix
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Because I'm impatient, I plugged the pedal commander in on sat cause i wanted to see how well it work. Well, i got a flash of lights across the top of the controller and then nothing else.
Banks Pedal Monster is on the way.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:04 PM
Itsmebryan
Advanced

Originally Posted by cdgrafix
Because I'm impatient, I plugged the pedal commander in on sat cause i wanted to see how well it work. Well, i got a flash of lights across the top of the controller and then nothing else.
Banks Pedal Monster is on the way.
I think you will like it. I have mine set at city 3. It's not aggressive and got rid of that flat spot I would hit going around a corner in 2nd. I have a manual
Old 03-06-2024, 11:07 AM
mxw128
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

So figured I'd reply since I didn't see too many current PC owner's. I have a 2018 GrandSport M7 and I got one used (guy sold his Chevy SS) and have been using it since the Oct/Nov timeframe. No issues yet, and it's performing as advertised. I use the Sport +1 or 2 settings and it does help with smoothing out my throttle application when shifting. I found that the OEM throttle response was little long for my taste and right foot. The only thing I don't really care for (and it's not specific to the PC) is that having to pull up an App every time i get into the car is a bit of hassle.. I Know, 1st world problems, it's just a little annoying. Part of it could be that my app is in my Auto folder (no room on the home screen), so I have to navigate a screen or two back .. a self inflicted nuisance... I don't need the app up except to verify that the PC is indeed in the mode I want it to be. I had a Sprint Throttle Controller on my previous C6 GrandSport which was also a manual and the PC provides the same benefits. So just another perspective...

Quick Reply: Pedal Commander - Current Users Question