Sponsored by:

Convertible deck lid fit

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 09:46 PM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

Default Convertible deck lid fit

Has anyone had they dealer successfully adjust their convertible deck lid so its flush with the trunk lid and the rear quarter panels. With the top up my lid sits about 3/16" below the surrounding panels, quite obvious but not worth having the dealer making it worse. I'd adjust it myself if I knew how to.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:36 AM
k_arnold
Racer

Received 120 Likes on 46 Posts

I had an issue with my '14 vert lid fitting flush. I took it to Coughlin Chevrolet (where I bought it and top 10 volume Vette dealer in US) and they tried to adjust it. It was never right. They said the lid may have been molded wrong so they put a new one on it and painted it to match. I am not nuts about the paint job, but it did help the fit quite a bit.

Mine never leaked or caused anything other than a cosmetic issue, but it sounds like you have a similar issue. Maybe they did mold some a little off.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:55 AM
c6miller
Drifting

Received 167 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by k_arnold
I had an issue with my '14 vert lid fitting flush. I took it to Coughlin Chevrolet (where I bought it and top 10 volume Vette dealer in US) and they tried to adjust it. It was never right. They said the lid may have been molded wrong so they put a new one on it and painted it to match. I am not nuts about the paint job, but it did help the fit quite a bit.

Mine never leaked or caused anything other than a cosmetic issue, but it sounds like you have a similar issue. Maybe they did mold some a little off.
I never thought a poorly molded lid could be the problem. I was hoping there was a simple adjustment to improve the fit. Sounds like you traded one problem for another which is what I'm afraid of. I going to the dealer today to replace the third brake light assembly(delaminating for the second time), I will ask them to contact GM about the lid.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:50 PM
a_drogan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last week while I had to car in for minor body repair I asked the collission guy (AutoNation Delray, FL) to adjust my rear deck lid. Said it was the way the factory made it.

Anyway, he was able to do a slight adjustment- Not perfect but I am happier with the fit now. It was covered by GM or the dealer just absorbed as part of the insurance settlement.

Good Luck,
Old 04-05-2016, 12:58 PM
jmiliz
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Same thing with mine. I am afraid to let dealer touch it since it works fine and does not leak. Thought maybe there were a few bolts that could be adjusted myself but haven't really looked too hard yet. Let us know what you find out from dealer. Its not the way they are all made. When I noticed mine I went at looked at several other convertibles and they were not like this.
Old 04-05-2016, 01:29 PM
Fcal
Drifting

Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

My C6 had that problem. I tried everything to get that lid flush.
My C7 lid fits perfect. Matter of fact, I tried to find a panel flaw, and couldn't.

Get notified of new replies

To Convertible deck lid fit

Quick Reply: Convertible deck lid fit