Warble sound occasionally

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 08:54 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,876 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Freelance,
happy to hear you could get resolution without a huge run around as so many forum members have had. Glad my video was a good reference point for you.

i'm in total agreement with bjones7131 note above.... Strength in numbers..... get GM to get off the dime and clearly acknowledge this issue and get the word out to all of the dealerships. enough of this nonsense .....
Old 08-03-2018, 09:15 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
Freelance, glad they took care of you. If I saw the number of post correctly this is number 2000. Why GM doesn't issue a TSB is beyond me. I bet they would if everyone of the 2000 folks that have posted would shoot Mary an email. What do you think guys, there is strength in numbers, that is why I kept urging everyone to take their car in and complain. Let's do it, they can't eat us. Would be interested to know how many have had their cars fixed or bought back. We need to do a poll. Good luck to all.
Meant to say TSB, auto correct got me.
The following users liked this post:
Strake (08-03-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 10:53 AM
Bill Sargent
Intermediate

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't get how most get a new Diff and it fixed the issue when I got both Axle Housings & bushings and it fixed mine. Maybe when replacing the diff, they also replace the bushings. According to the brand service manager for chevy, it's not the diff. At least on my 18, he was right. Got a nice letter in the mail today from GM after my final email to the CEO. I ask her to inform all dealerships and her customer service rep said the info is on their site that all dealerships can access if they will just do it. Good luck to all
Old 08-07-2018, 11:21 AM
123vette456
Pro

Received 155 Likes on 90 Posts

Would someone please post the e mails for who we should contact at GM?

Old 08-07-2018, 11:25 AM
walleyejack
Le Mans Master

Received 899 Likes on 700 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Sargent
I don't get how most get a new Diff and it fixed the issue when I got both Axle Housings & bushings and it fixed mine. Maybe when replacing the diff, they also replace the bushings. According to the brand service manager for chevy, it's not the diff. At least on my 18, he was right. Got a nice letter in the mail today from GM after my final email to the CEO. I ask her to inform all dealerships and her customer service rep said the info is on their site that all dealerships can access if they will just do it. Good luck to all

glad it worked out for your Bill,
you have endured enough of their run around.
Bill Sargent (08-09-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 11:26 AM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Bill Sargent
I am glad your's is fixed, They repaired mine with a new rear end assembly, I can't explain it but, I don't trust G/M they have ,as you well know, used the shotgun approach to the problem. They blamed everything from soup to nuts before they came up with the axel housing and bushings.
Bill Sargent (08-09-2018)
Old 08-07-2018, 11:30 AM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

The shotgun used to repair my car was replacing the left side thingamajigs. I've only driven once since the repair and did not hear any warble. I will know more when I get out on the highway and can vary my speed to get it in the correct RPM range. I agree that GM has done a very poor job in communicating to their dealers.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:48 AM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by 123vette456
Would someone please post the e mails for who we should contact at GM?
mary.barra@gm.com GM CEO, but she will never see your email and will be handed off the an assistant, she can't read and answer all the emails she must get, but you should get a call from the assistant. Good luck
Old 08-26-2018, 04:13 PM
Scruff Vette
Safety Car

Received 867 Likes on 397 Posts

I spoke with Jeff Strausser (Corvette Quality Brand Manager) yesterday at Carlisle. A warble TBS is coming...soon. GM is well aware of the issue and has a fix based on "replacing the left side thingamajigs" mentioned above. The repair does not entail dropping the rear end, pulling the car apart etc. I may have more info later next week.
The following 3 users liked this post by Scruff Vette:
767guy (08-27-2018), JimNeedsC7 (08-26-2018), Strake (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 04:51 PM
c54u
Melting Slicks

Received 682 Likes on 475 Posts

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
I spoke with Jeff Strausser (Corvette Quality Brand Manager) yesterday at Carlisle. A warble TBS is coming...soon. GM is well aware of the issue and has a fix based on "replacing the left side thingamajigs" mentioned above. The repair does not entail dropping the rear end, pulling the car apart etc. I may have more info later next week.
This is good news!

CptCvMan (08-26-2018)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:16 PM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

^^^ Good news Indeed! I have almost 75,000 miles on the car and fortunately I have not had the issue, but this is good to know just in case. (knock on wood)
Old 08-26-2018, 05:46 PM
montanaman
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

Man I started reading this thread that started 2 years ago and it is shocking to me. As a new owner of a new 2017 C7 (7M) I don't want to have to cross my fingers every time I drive this car. I purposely stayed away from the new Mustangs due to the many problems they are having with the GT and went up a notch to get the Corvette believing that it would not have major issues ( or even many minor ones ). These cars have not changed much at all from 2014 so I would think by 2017/18 they'ed be almost bullet proof. Appears not. I know, I know all brands and cars have problems and blah blah but when it comes to brand new cars with major power train issues well there is just no excuse at this point in time. Although I made the mistake of watching a You Tube video on the cars being assembled in Bowling Green. I saw what looked to be about a 23 year old kid in a dirty t-shirt hooking up the rear bumper assembly. You won't see that in Stuttgart.

Is this "warble" issue only on A8 cars? I'd like to check this potential problem off the list and hope my car is solid. I love it so far but if things start to fail it won't be around long.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:22 PM
SoFloVette
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 65 Posts

My 2019 A8 is still in bad shape. The warble is horrible to the point that it’s almost embarrassing to drive. It’s been doing it since day one with only 4 miles on the car. I did notice it does not start until the car warms up. Hold it at 45-50 mph and lightly hit the throttle and it will make that sound everytime. Takes all the enjoyment out of driving this car. Already been to the shop and was told it was normal characteristics of the car. Unbelievable!
Old 08-26-2018, 06:31 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scruff Vette
good to hear, however, I will wait before I get excited. There have been to many false starts, to many wrong excuses, Let's hope they finally get it right.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:34 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by montanaman
Man I started reading this thread that started 2 years ago and it is shocking to me. As a new owner of a new 2017 C7 (7M) I don't want to have to cross my fingers every time I drive this car. I purposely stayed away from the new Mustangs due to the many problems they are having with the GT and went up a notch to get the Corvette believing that it would not have major issues ( or even many minor ones ). These cars have not changed much at all from 2014 so I would think by 2017/18 they'ed be almost bullet proof. Appears not. I know, I know all brands and cars have problems and blah blah but when it comes to brand new cars with major power train issues well there is just no excuse at this point in time. Although I made the mistake of watching a You Tube video on the cars being assembled in Bowling Green. I saw what looked to be about a 23 year old kid in a dirty t-shirt hooking up the rear bumper assembly. You won't see that in Stuttgart.

Is this "warble" issue only on A8 cars? I'd like to check this potential problem off the list and hope my car is solid. I love it so far but if things start to fail it won't be around long.
Yes, It is found only on the base C/7 with the A/8
Old 08-26-2018, 06:38 PM
stillcrazy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SoFloVette
My 2019 A8 is still in bad shape. The warble is horrible to the point that it’s almost embarrassing to drive. It’s been doing it since day one with only 4 miles on the car. I did notice it does not start until the car warms up. Hold it at 45-50 mph and lightly hit the throttle and it will make that sound everytime. Takes all the enjoyment out of driving this car. Already been to the shop and was told it was normal characteristics of the car. Unbelievable!
As you read the above threads, it's not NORMAL, if push comes to shove make copies of the above threads as well some of the earlier where G/M admits there is a problem with the rear and take them to your dealer and put in their face, NICELY,
Old 08-26-2018, 07:24 PM
7thgeneration
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 46 Posts

Seems as though it would be a better idea to purchase a Z-51 or above to avoid issue ?

Get notified of new replies

To Warble sound occasionally

Old 08-26-2018, 08:27 PM
montanaman
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

So let me get this straight. It took GM 2 years and hundreds of customers helping them diagnose and acknowledge a problem with the A8 transmission on new cars and are just now putting out a TSB? Wow.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:47 PM
Freelance4ever
Cruising
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

The C7 A8 gets a different gearing in the differential from the Z51, Z06, ZR1. When the dealer told me bad differential without having to bring up these threads, why I agreed to have the work done (for free). It coincided with what I read here, I didn't have to convince them, they convinced me. TSB coming? Good news I say. They put the exact same diff in mine that came out. No new part# or anything that would distinguish it from another bad one. Now was it coincidence that shafts and bearings are also disconnected and replaced? I dunno, no itemized list was provided but I do NOT have warble and it was bad!
Old 08-27-2018, 06:04 AM
joemessman
Le Mans Master

Received 3,439 Likes on 2,059 Posts

Originally Posted by montanaman
So let me get this straight. It took GM 2 years and hundreds of customers helping them diagnose and acknowledge a problem with the A8 transmission on new cars and are just now putting out a TSB? Wow.
This TSB would be only for the differential warble. They still haven't addressed the torque converter issue considering that they just replace the torque converter for the shudder and shifting issues. But it does appear they may have the proper repair for the differential finally.....I hope. And sometimes the TC issue isn't even fixed by replacing the TC. Go figure.

Last edited by joemessman; 08-27-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Quick Reply: Warble sound occasionally