Sponsored by:

Warble sound occasionally

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Highplains
Pro

Received 245 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by bjones7131
Guys I just got feedback from the guy in N.C. who had his rear end fluid changed and it stopped the noise temporarly but after 100 + miles it is back and his dealer is now ordered 1/2 shafts to replace. Go figure
That may make a half-way decent argument as to where the problem is.
Old 10-13-2016, 05:32 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Received 1,876 Likes on 1,010 Posts
2020 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Bruce,

As some of us already know, half shafts aren't going to fix it.....
Old 10-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Highplains
Pro

Originally Posted by Strake
Bruce,

As some of us already know, half shafts aren't going to fix it.....
Maybe the diff? That seems logical given the fluid worked for awhile but then it started again. As I best recall, there are folks who have had the diff changed and it didn't work. Guy needs to clue his dealer that folks have been there, done it. Speaking for myself, I'd just wait for Detroit rather than having them tear into my car for nothing.
The following users liked this post:
Rebel Yell (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:07 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

I too have this issue, but to me it is more of a flutter sound when excelerating slightly. I hear the noise when in paddle mode too. I have had the center screen where it shows the 4 and 8 cyl transition and the car was in 8 cyl mode when I accelerated and heard the noise. I will have to test more while in different gears to see if it happens it all gears or just when cruising along around 60 - 70 mphish.

Has anyone here pulled the NPP fuse to see if it still happens? I will try that tomorrow too.

BTW was there a fix for 6.2 Chevy truck?

Last edited by S'vette; 10-13-2016 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:11 PM
Highplains
Pro

Originally Posted by S'vette
I too have this issue, but to me it is more of a flutter sound when excelerating slightly. I hear the noise when in paddle mode too. I have had the center screen where it shows the 4 and 8 cyl transition and the car was in 8 cyl mode when I accelerated and heard the noise. I will have to test more while in different gears to see if it happens it all gears or just when cruising along around 60 - 70 mphish.

Has anyone here pulled the NPP fuse to see if it still happens? I will try that tomorrow too.
Be sure to watch Richard's video. If that is the sound you're experiencing, then you'll find that it won't make any difference what gear, mode, fuses out or in, etc. Should be right at 1500 RPM and is more apparent in higher gears going up a slight incline.
The following 3 users liked this post by Highplains:
bdona77 (10-19-2016), Rebel Yell (10-14-2016), Strake (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 11:12 PM
Strake
Melting Slicks

YES, all exhaust modes, all driving modes, in both 4 cyl and 8 cyl and in either manual, or auto. I've tried and documented every possible combination you can dream up.

Last edited by Strake; 10-13-2016 at 11:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:25 PM
Cjmiller
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

YES, all exhaust modes, all driving modes, in both 4 cyl and 8 cyl and in either manual, or auto. I've tried and documented every possible combination you can dream up.

Did they ever change your torque converter out on the one that was bought back by GM , the Tech told me the flutter sound I'm hearing is the torque converter at the same time its making that sound there's a slight shutter . I'm thinking since it's doing it at low RPMs and worse when you hit an incline in the road it's trying to shift to a lower gear but the faulty torque converter is not functioning properly and allowing it to and that's when you get the RPMs fluctuations, shutter from the TC and that Fluttering sound . I'm no mechanic by no means but that my theory.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:27 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Highplains
Be sure to watch Richard's video. If that is the sound you're experiencing, then you'll find that it won't make any difference what gear, mode, fuses out or in, etc. Should be right at 1500 RPM and is more apparent in higher gears going up a slight incline.
I just watched the video and it does sound like that from what I could tell. I cant tell if mine is coming from the front/engine and Im just hearing it from the rear exhaust or what. I have the Z51 and thought I saw in a post that they didnt think it happened in the Z51s?

has anyone completely changed out their exhaust for an aftermarket one and still have this? And anyone gone to non run flats and still have this?

I dont really want to take mine in and have them cahnge a bunch of stuff trying to find the issue but it is kinda bothering me now. I play my music kinda loud and can block it out doing that but now I know its there. Im wondering if anyone has hooked up a recorder in the back or have someone follow beside them and see if they can hear it?

Anyone change out their cam and still have this?

Last edited by S'vette; 10-13-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Strake
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Cjmiller
Did they ever change your torque converter out on the one that was bought back by GM , the Tech told me the flutter sound I'm hearing is the torque converter at the same time its making that sound there's a slight shutter . I'm thinking since it's doing it at low RPMs and worse when you hit an incline in the road it's trying to shift to a lower gear but the faulty torque converter is not functioning properly and allowing it to and that's when you get the RPMs fluctuations, shutter from the TC and that Fluttering sound . I'm no mechanic by no means but that my theory.
My car, the one being bought back by GM Engineering is still in my garage awaiting the arrival of the replacement Grand Sport........ I offered repeatedly to let them take our existing car a month ago, but was told the way it works, is when the new one comes in, the "trade" takes place and the old one is then trucked to Detroit Proving Grounds Labs. In the meanwhile, I was asked NOT to drive it any more. So here it sits, on the battery tender for about 2 more weeks.

And to answer your question about the torque tube, NO, nothing has been replaced on this car..... YET.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:09 PM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

My car, the one being bought back by GM Engineering is still in my garage awaiting the arrival of the replacement Grand Sport........ I offered repeatedly to let them take our existing car a month ago, but was told the way it works, is when the new one comes in, the "trade" takes place and the old one is then trucked to Detroit Proving Grounds Labs. In the meanwhile, I was asked NOT to drive it any more. So here it sits, on the battery tender for about 2 more weeks.

And to answer your question about the torque tube, NO, nothing has been replaced on this car..... YET.
GM what a goofy way of handling things ....you have to store the junk they manufactured .. but they keep pumping them out as fast as they can ...Q. C. forget about it ....just ship 'em..
Old 10-14-2016, 06:41 PM
rmorin1249
Le Mans Master

Received 1,738 Likes on 1,174 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16,'18

Since bad TCs are a known issue I'm surprised they didn't replace yours to see if that is the source of the "warble".
Old 10-14-2016, 07:08 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Originally Posted by bbcb
GM what a goofy way of handling things ....you have to store the junk they manufactured .. but they keep pumping them out as fast as they can ...Q. C. forget about it ....just ship 'em..
No. It's a legal transaction that is best completed at the same time rather than taking the owners car and then bringing in a new one. Lots of valid reasons for it.

And the C7s are not 'junk' - not even close. Do a minority of them have an issue or two? Yes. Are most of them fixed quickly to the owner's satisfaction? Yes. Are there a few where the problem is not handled properly and the owner is justifiably ticked off? Yes, but this is a small minority. And it exists with every manufacturer of cars/trucks. I don't just think this - I know it. My company has claim experiences from virtually every manufacturer due to the risk oversight we perform for several OEMs limited warranty and multi-billion $ CPO and VSC programs.

If you own a C7 and have had a bad experience and it hasn't been handled properly, I'm sorry for you and can understand your 'feelings', but to paint an entire model with your feelings or the information gained from a limited forum makes you appear immature in your approach.

If you like sporty cars and really hate the C7 like it often appears from your posts, you might be better served by moving to Porsche, BMW, etc. as we all know that they have no quality issues or problems.

Last edited by Hopper12; 10-14-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Rebel Yell (10-15-2016)
Old 10-14-2016, 11:39 PM
tail_lights
Race Director

Received 252 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by S'vette
I just watched the video and it does sound like that from what I could tell. I cant tell if mine is coming from the front/engine and Im just hearing it from the rear exhaust or what. I have the Z51 and thought I saw in a post that they didnt think it happened in the Z51s?

And I'm pretty sure my Z06 does this Thought to myself just this morning that it sounded like a wheel bearing or along those lines. Next time I drive it I'll try and remember to pay attention to see if it occurs at the dreaded RPM range and post my findings. Lucky me......
Old 10-14-2016, 11:41 PM
S'vette
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by tail_lights

And I'm pretty sure my Z06 does this Thought to myself just this morning that it sounded like a wheel bearing or along those lines. Next time I drive it I'll try and remember to pay attention to see if it occurs at the dreaded RPM range and post my findings. Lucky me......
My way around is just keeping the rpms high. lol.
tail_lights (10-16-2016)
Old 10-15-2016, 04:15 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Received 845 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by Hopper12
No. It's a legal transaction that is best completed at the same time rather than taking the owners car and then bringing in a new one. Lots of valid reasons for it.

And the C7s are not 'junk' - not even close. Do a minority of them have an issue or two? Yes. Are most of them fixed quickly to the owner's satisfaction? Yes. Are there a few where the problem is not handled properly and the owner is justifiably ticked off? Yes, but this is a small minority. And it exists with every manufacturer of cars/trucks. I don't just think this - I know it. My company has claim experiences from virtually every manufacturer due to the risk oversight we perform for several OEMs limited warranty and multi-billion $ CPO and VSC programs.

If you own a C7 and have had a bad experience and it hasn't been handled properly, I'm sorry for you and can understand your 'feelings', but to paint an entire model with your feelings or the information gained from a limited forum makes you appear immature in your approach.

If you like sporty cars and really hate the C7 like it often appears from your posts, you might be better served by moving to Porsche, BMW, etc. as we all know that they have no quality issues or problems.
Hopper u r on the wrong post if you are trying to shine a positive light on the C7. I love the car but for the price they cost they are probably overated. I would agree that there are a few bad cars no matter the manufacture. That is OK as long as your car isn't one of the bad ones and then it takes on a whole different meaning. For those of us that has had parts thrown at our cars hoping something will stick and emailed and communicated with anyone who will listen and still see no action or resolution for months, you want get much sympathy for the C7. I have tried everthing i know to get my car fixed with no resolution and i am now pursuing the lemon law. Cheers from an immature c7 owner.
Old 10-16-2016, 11:58 AM
bbcb
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Hopper u r on the wrong post if you are trying to shine a positive light on the C7. I love the car but for the price they cost they are probably overated. I would agree that there are a few bad cars no matter the manufacture. That is OK as long as your car isn't one of the bad ones and then it takes on a whole different meaning. For those of us that has had parts thrown at our cars hoping something will stick and emailed and communicated with anyone who will listen and still see no action or resolution for months, you want get much sympathy for the C7. I have tried everthing i know to get my car fixed with no resolution and i am now pursuing the lemon law. Cheers from an immature c7 owner.
Have you noticed .. GM no longer comments on this forum ...
Old 10-16-2016, 01:07 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

[QUOTE=bbcb;1593265584]Have you noticed .. GM no longer comments on this forum ...[/QUO

Wonder why?

Get notified of new replies

To Warble sound occasionally

Old 10-16-2016, 03:08 PM
Hopper12
Melting Slicks

Received 2,063 Likes on 980 Posts

Hello bjones. You misunderstood my comments and please allow me to clarify. However, prior to doing so I would like to let you know that I am really sorry for your situation. I hope that GM/Chev takes care of you to your satisfaction and, if they don't, that you find another remedy (such as lemon law, etc.) that will. It's unfortunate that you're in what appears to be a really tough situation and aren't getting the help you need. My best wishes for a good resolution.

Now on to the clarification. If you re-read my comments, you'll find that they were directed only to that particular poster, not toward your bad situation (or others) that isn't being cared for properly. The reason for my comments toward this particular poster is that this person has demonstrated over several months that he (gender unknown) will enter many different threads and lob general and sweeping negative comments that attempt to paint his 'feelings' from a personal situation on the entire C7 model line, GM, Chev, etc. - kind of like a hit and run with no helpful hints or ideas. While his personal situation may have been a bad one, that does not mean that all C7s are 'junk', etc. The vast majority of us are having very good/great experiences with our C7s, our dealers, and such. My comments on 'immature approach' were directed at this poster only because he doesn't stick to his situation and try to get help and advice. Rather, he just jumps in frequently and lobs negative, non-helpful comments and generalizations like you would expect a troll to do. You (and almost all others on the forum) on the other hand, stick to your problem, try to help others, and try to find a resolution that works, which I believe shows maturity and professionalism.

99.999% of the time I just smile and ignore the non-helpful posts from this particular person and the few others like him because comments to one particular person can be misunderstood.

And you're right, it's much more personal when it's your car. We've owned around 140 cars and two of them have been out and out lemons. Frustrating to say the least. But you and I, and almost all others on this forum, don't try to paint an entire model, brand, or company based on our one vehicle.

I wish I could help in your situation, or had some good words of advice. I'll just send good thoughts your way for a successful conclusion for you.
Old 10-16-2016, 03:39 PM
bjones7131
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Hopper12
Hello bjones. You misunderstood my comments and please allow me to clarify. However, prior to doing so I would like to let you know that I am really sorry for your situation. I hope that GM/Chev takes care of you to your satisfaction and, if they don't, that you find another remedy (such as lemon law, etc.) that will. It's unfortunate that you're in what appears to be a really tough situation and aren't getting the help you need. My best wishes for a good resolution.

Now on to the clarification. If you re-read my comments, you'll find that they were directed only to that particular poster, not toward your bad situation (or others) that isn't being cared for properly. The reason for my comments toward this particular poster is that this person has demonstrated over several months that he (gender unknown) will enter many different threads and lob general and sweeping negative comments that attempt to paint his 'feelings' from a personal situation on the entire C7 model line, GM, Chev, etc. - kind of like a hit and run with no helpful hints or ideas. While his personal situation may have been a bad one, that does not mean that all C7s are 'junk', etc. The vast majority of us are having very good/great experiences with our C7s, our dealers, and such. My comments on 'immature approach' were directed at this poster only because he doesn't stick to his situation and try to get help and advice. Rather, he just jumps in frequently and lobs negative, non-helpful comments and generalizations like you would expect a troll to do. You (and almost all others on the forum) on the other hand, stick to your problem, try to help others, and try to find a resolution that works, which I believe shows maturity and professionalism.

99.999% of the time I just smile and ignore the non-helpful posts from this particular person and the few others like him because comments to one particular person can be misunderstood.

And you're right, it's much more personal when it's your car. We've owned around 140 cars and two of them have been out and out lemons. Frustrating to say the least. But you and I, and almost all others on this forum, don't try to paint an entire model, brand, or company based on our one vehicle.

I wish I could help in your situation, or had some good words of advice. I'll just send good thoughts your way for a successful conclusion for you.
Thanks man i appreciate it. I guess our hopes are pinned on Richards car turning up something that is causing this issue. In the mean time i am going for the lemon law.
Old 10-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Ed Ramberger
Drifting

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

[QUOTE=bjones7131;1593265937]
Originally Posted by bbcb
Have you noticed .. GM no longer comments on this forum ...[/QUO

Wonder why?
I said it before and I'm saying it again.

This whole thing is like a clown funeral - tragically hilarious. From what I've seen, many of the dealers don't understand these cars yet and/or are so arrogant they don't even realize that they don't understand basics anymore, GM isn't talking internally - dealing with the Exec office doesn't help, numerous people have the issue yet no one really truly acknowledges it, the parts shotgun is firing away with duplicate repairs to no avail. Someone please tell me how a 70K car got released like this and we're supposed to suck it up while, if we're lucky, a sub par trade out deal is offered because it's obvious they're trying to fend off the lemon law cases because once that floodgate opens it's going to blow back on them hard.
This should be an all hands on deck, fix this situation event. Has no one got any shame any more?

For goodness sake, they put differential fluid in my car for the 1,000 noise and the 1,500 warble - don't they understand diff clutches are locked in a straight line??? I actually had to explain a differential to the service writer and when pressed the tech admitted it was just a try. Well chalk up a swing and a miss in the repair attempt column.

Our money was green enough for the dealer and GM to take - where the Hell is the service? And while I'm at it, why the Hell isn't Bruce's car fixed - he started this freaking thread 557 (NOW 620) posts ago.

Then, they start talking about torque tubes, diffs, trannys - guess what - no chicken dinners there either. I got an IM from a guy where they replaced his fuel injectors for this...HIS FREAKING FUEL INJECTORS!

I have an idea, lets see how much major surgery we can have done repeatedly because no one at GM and the dealers is sharing information. Then they can have all these cars back and they can examine them all. Maybe when it starts to hit them in the wallet they will care.

And I don't want to hear how we should all wait while they look at Richards car. Many of us have been strung along and promised the same things for months but it was empty.

GM just fix these cars or get us the hell out of them fairly. My next rant is going to be an open letter and certified letters to Mary Barra and every executive up the chain. And I have so many PDR recordings that show this that I will try to reach as many people as possible to prevent them from going down this road. We trusted you and in good faith bought these cars. DO THE RIGHT THING GM!

Last edited by Ed Ramberger; 10-16-2016 at 07:44 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ed Ramberger:
Joy c7 (10-16-2016), Muzzy (10-17-2016)

Quick Reply: Warble sound occasionally