Sponsored by:

C7 ZO6 unusual exhaust noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:49 AM
franky_boy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 ZO6 unusual exhaust noise

I have a 2015 zo6 and my exhaust system has begun making a vibration type noise at very light throttle sounds like a baffle vibration in a muffler as I maintain speed with light throttle. I can make it go away by applying a little more throttle pressure to the pedal. My car has 8K miles on it. What could it be? and do I need to take it to the dealer? I have no check engine codes in the info screen
Old 05-02-2016, 11:45 AM
Reddie2
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=franky_boy;1592125608]I have a 2015 zo6 and my exhaust system has begun making a vibration type noise at very light throttle sounds like a baffle vibration in a muffler as I maintain speed with light throttle. I can make it go away by applying a little more throttle pressure to the pedal. My car has 8K miles on it. What could it be? and do I need to take it to the dealer? I have no check engine codes in the info screen[/QUOTe Hello, I also have 2015 Z06, same milage, same vibration at constant low speed. I disregard it as a problem! I believe it to be the decibles of exhaust sound causing vibration at particular speed. I feel no need for concern. This is my eighth Corvette and by far the best in my opinion.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:15 PM
franky_boy
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I understand what you are saying, however, this noise I am hearing is not a normal noise as I have driven my car for 8k miles and never heard it before. it just started, it sounds like a baffle in or around the muffler vibrating at just a certain light throttle pressure in all gears or speeds. it is more noticeable at upper gears while traveling at highway speeds and just maintaining the speed limit
Old 05-02-2016, 05:08 PM
Reddie2
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I hear exactly what you are describing, I'm sure you are correct! To me it is an acceptable annoyance. If you find how to eliminate it easily, please let me know. Enjoy the car.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 ZO6 unusual exhaust noise

Quick Reply: C7 ZO6 unusual exhaust noise