Sponsored by:

Grand Sport Experts Needed

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Self_Made
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Grand Sport Experts Needed

I recently refused delivery of my custom built z51 stingray due to the local dealer who I ordered from being extremely unprofessional. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise and I now plan on ordering the new GS to be my first vette (this time from one of the forum dealers ). Just had a couple questions left for you experts after I read through all 75 pages of the GS Announcement sticky thread and would really appreciate your time:

1) Historically, is the Grand Sport only offered for one model year? I.e. will there only be one GS for the C7 generation (2017)? I want to know if I need to mentally prepare to not be butthurt if the A10 is released on the 2018 GS. Before you flame for not getting a manual, a torn achilles prevents me from operating a clutch fluidly.

2) Is it possible to get the Z07 package on the GS without the carbon ceramic breaks? It will be my daily driver in the city with occasional track use and would hate the burden of the full time ceramic maintenance costs aside from the annoyance of it with city driving.

Again, thanks for your time and hope not to offend with my personal preference / use of my hopefully soon to be GS.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:30 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

1) Based on the C6 GS, it will likely be a multi-year run.

2) No. The Z07 option includes the J57 brakes (4-wheel antilock, 4-wheel disc, ceramic).

The Online Order/Reference Guide has all the ordering details. Be sure to select Grand Sport from the pull down menu near the top of a page when you go into any of the sections.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:31 PM
Bui
Pro

Received 141 Likes on 99 Posts

1) High chances are the 2018 or 2019 versions will be A10.
2) The package comes with the brakes. You cannot get it without. This has been asked at the NCM Bash.
Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

Originally Posted by Self_Made
I recently refused delivery of my custom built z51 stingray due to the local dealer who I ordered from being extremely unprofessional. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise and I now plan on ordering the new GS to be my first vette (this time from one of the forum dealers ). Just had a couple questions left for you experts after I read through all 75 pages of the GS Announcement sticky thread and would really appreciate your time:

1) Historically, is the Grand Sport only offered for one model year? I.e. will there only be one GS for the C7 generation (2017)? I want to know if I need to mentally prepare to not be butthurt if the A10 is released on the 2018 GS. Before you flame for not getting a manual, a torn achilles prevents me from operating a clutch fluidly.

2) Is it possible to get the Z07 package on the GS without the carbon ceramic breaks? It will be my daily driver in the city with occasional track use and would hate the burden of the full time ceramic maintenance costs aside from the annoyance of it with city driving.

Again, thanks for your time and hope not to offend with my personal preference / use of my hopefully soon to be GS.
1. That could very well happen and it might end up being a change across the C7 spectrum (not just the GS) in 2018, heck it might show up on the Z06 even in a few months :P . No reason for butt-hurt, just a fact of life. If you wait for that to happen, you could end up waiting for another year and maybe getting no update at that point either.

2. Not that I know of. They come with the CCBs if you put in the Z07 package.

Get notified of new replies

To Grand Sport Experts Needed

Quick Reply: Grand Sport Experts Needed