Old 05-03-2016, 05:12 AM
FreeAmr
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Need help and recommendation for 2014 Z51

Good Morning / Evening / morning some were

i spent the 5 hours reading and learning from the forum

i came up with silly questions and decisions

1- pull fuse 41 to keep the valve open all the time , my question is where do you put the fuse any spare on the fuze so i dont lose it or damaged

2- I bought afe pro dry receiving it with two days , will install it myself hope its easy as it looks

3- Bought i2030 diablo and also bought the custom flash from diablewtune

what I need help with

1- once I install the air intake if there are any issues loose installation etc I will get engine code >

2- when I get the intune from diablo I have seen a lot recommend the following adjust throttle to * 15 - 20 % , and disable AFM

3- i have contacted Terrica (wot-tuning )about if they made a custom tune to address the problem of changing mode for the AFM-Based on tour / track .sport etc
they simply said if we gonna lock at that you need the 899 $ before we talk

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your help

Regards
Amr
Old 05-03-2016, 08:11 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

If you pull the fuse just put it someplace safe I guess. There's nothing magical about the fuses, you can get a big box of them at any auto store, harbor freight or Amazon for pretty cheap.

I put an Afe on my 2016, it wasn't too hard, getting the filter housing bolted down was a little bit of a pain. Just don't over tighten the hose clamps. If you leave the sensor out for too long I guess some people got a code from that. I didn't, but if you search the forum there are a bunch of threads on Afe installations.

$899 sounds like a rip off to me for afm disabling and more throttle response, but I haven't gone the tuner route yet, so maybe that's not a rip. You'd have to reach out to the vendor maybe to see, or maybe someone who's done it will chime in. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
FreeAmr (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 08:34 AM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by FreeAmr
Good Morning / Evening / morning some were

i spent the 5 hours reading and learning from the forum

i came up with silly questions and decisions

1- pull fuse 41 to keep the valve open all the time , my question is where do you put the fuse any spare on the fuze so i dont lose it or damaged

2- I bought afe pro dry receiving it with two days , will install it myself hope its easy as it looks

3- Bought i2030 diablo and also bought the custom flash from diablewtune

what I need help with

1- once I install the air intake if there are any issues loose installation etc I will get engine code >

2- when I get the intune from diablo I have seen a lot recommend the following adjust throttle to * 15 - 20 % , and disable AFM

3- i have contacted Terrica (wot-tuning )about if they made a custom tune to address the problem of changing mode for the AFM-Based on tour / track .sport etc
they simply said if we gonna lock at that you need the 899 $ before we talk

Thank you for taking the time to read this and your help

Regards
Amr
You will not have any code's from the cold air box easy to install.

yes do the 20% on the throttle

DONT BE THAT CRAZY TO PAY SOME DAM GUY 900.00 FOR THAT. He will be saying to all his friend got one more guy today on this.
FreeAmr (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 10:26 AM
FreeAmr
Advanced

as i mentioned I ended up buying intune2030 , and contacted lew to be able to do a custom tune after the afe and diablo get here

any recommended settings in diablo once it arrives before the custom tune

1- i am planning to disable AFM , did anyone have any issues doing that ( did the fuel consumption fell hard )
2- does AFE require a tune and i should mention to lew >?
3- other then 20 % any other recommendations , I am going for road trip before lew touch the car
which i would already have afe installed and intune here so i would like to hear your recommendation

Thank you all for taking the time to respond

Amr

Last edited by FreeAmr; 05-03-2016 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-03-2016, 11:41 AM
SoCalC7
Racer

Received 153 Likes on 70 Posts

My fuse 41 has been sitting inside the center console since the day I yanked it.
FreeAmr (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The afe does not require a tune. It doesn't do much either. A forum member did a dyno and it came to ~10hp as a stand alone mod. It looks better than the factory air box if that means anything to you.
FreeAmr (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 06:04 PM
FreeAmr
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
The afe does not require a tune. It doesn't do much either. A forum member did a dyno and it came to ~10hp as a stand alone mod. It looks better than the factory air box if that means anything to you.

what's done is done i acutely bought it for the noise silly i know , and I had it 12-month interest-free from amazon store card

I am hoping that lew while getting my data , will be able to tune the car more to use the AFE , I was not expecting more than 10 hp , all I am doing is small tunes and I would rather get z06 before I install turbo on my car

on another note, I toke off the fuse 41 my oh my .. love that sound and then it switch to 4 v while you in sport .
one thing for sure AFM Will be the disabled first thing when I get the intune2

anyone has any data on the effect on gas mileage

Regards
Amr

Last edited by FreeAmr; 05-03-2016 at 06:05 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Need help and recommendation for 2014 Z51

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help and recommendation for 2014 Z51