Sponsored by:

Cheap front camera

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2017, 08:02 AM
cberistain
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Beroza
I had no problem at all. Without sounding stupid are you sure your pressing the button hard enough? I know it was kind of strange to get the right rhythm in press the button multiple times.
pressing hard enough so I get the gridlines on/off feature .. so I think I'm pressing hard enough ... I'll try the ipad instead of the iphone to see if that makes any difference... I'd also try an android phone but don't have one ..
charlie
Old 05-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Received 247 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by cberistain
pressing hard enough so I get the gridlines on/off feature .. so I think I'm pressing hard enough ... I'll try the ipad instead of the iphone to see if that makes any difference... I'd also try an android phone but don't have one ..
charlie
Switching from the iPhone to the iPad shouldn't have anything to do with it. Even switching to an Android phone shouldn't have anything to do with it. The problem is not viewing it. The phone is just the monitor.

You said you tried another camera and you have the same problem. I still think the camera could be the problem. After all, these things come from China so it could be a bad batch.

You might want to try unplugging the camera from the Wifi transmitter and see if that resets the camera or you could try doing a reset on your Wifi Transmitter and see if that does the trick. It just might work! Other wise I'm out of ideas.

Let us know what happens...
The following users liked this post:
cberistain (05-22-2017)
Old 05-22-2017, 11:57 AM
terry50
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

have a 16 stingray, have a curb alart on it, works great I set it for 20 in in front, and 4 inches high

Last edited by terry50; 05-22-2017 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-22-2017, 04:39 PM
cberistain
Instructor

Switching from the iPhone to the iPad shouldn't have anything to do with it. Even switching to an Android phone shouldn't have anything to do with it. The problem is not viewing it. The phone is just the monitor.

You said you tried another camera and you have the same problem. I still think the camera could be the problem. After all, these things come from China so it could be a bad batch.

You might want to try unplugging the camera from the Wifi transmitter and see if that resets the camera or you could try doing a reset on your Wifi Transmitter and see if that does the trick. It just might work! Other wise I'm out of ideas.

Let us know what happens...
Progress!! not sure what solved the problem because I hit the reset button on the wifi unit and also disabled bluetooth on the iphone. Worked properly after that. I do know that the iphone connects automatically via bluetooth to the car's system and I was thinking that maybe a conflict was created by doing this .. I'll never know and not sure it is important to know because things are working ... thanks to all the hand holding ...
Old 05-22-2017, 04:52 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Progress!! not sure what solved the problem because I hit the reset button on the wifi unit and also disabled bluetooth on the iphone. Worked properly after that. I do know that the iphone connects automatically via bluetooth to the car's system and I was thinking that maybe a conflict was created by doing this .. I'll never know and not sure it is important to know because things are working ... thanks to all the hand holding ...
Great new! As for thanks, this is what this forum is all about, helping other forum members. Glad I was able to help.

It was probably hitting the reset on the Wifi Transmitter. The cam and transmitter connect thought Wifi not Bluetooh.

Last edited by Bob Beroza; 05-22-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2017, 03:16 AM
chevyfanatic
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by zbrett
I could never get the Curb Alert aimed correctly and was planning to remove it anyway. This is great alternative, especially since I already have a mount for my iPhone.
curb alert blows. Should never have got another one.

And why the hell cant GM build a sensor system like my Beamer has.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:13 AM
cberistain
Instructor

It was probably hitting the reset on the Wifi Transmitter. The cam and transmitter connect thought Wifi not Bluetooh.
yes they connect via wifi ... and I agree with you ....but I was thinking that the iphone was connected to wifiav via wifi but also connected via blue tooth to the car's computer system ...

I could turn bluetooth back on and see what happens, but not really worth the effort ...because it is now working!
Old 05-23-2017, 11:15 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

Originally Posted by chevyfanatic
curb alert blows. Should never have got another one.

And why the hell cant GM build a sensor system like my Beamer has.
I ditched the curb alert for the camera. The curb alert is fine if you are coming straight on to a obstacle with nice clean edges - unfortunately obstacles in the real world don't always follow these guidelines

The camera may be a bit clunky for some but it will definitely help me keep my nice new splitter intact!
Old 05-23-2017, 08:34 PM
cberistain
Instructor

after starting the car, and turning on the wifiav, the screen on the iphone stays dark for about 30-40seconds before the picture shows up .. is that what you all are experiencing?

charlie

Last edited by cberistain; 05-23-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:46 AM
C6 MoneyPit
Melting Slicks

Received 123 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'10, '15. '22-'23

after starting the car, and turning on the wifiav, the screen on the iphone stays dark for about 30-40seconds before the picture shows up .. is that what you all are experiencing?

charlie
Hi Charlie, no not at all. The display comes up in less than five seconds. That sounds strange. Are you including the time it takes to boot up the phone?

Last edited by C6 MoneyPit; 05-24-2017 at 10:47 AM.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:39 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

charlie
I had updated the WifiAV software on 5/15/2017 to version 1.2) and all of sudden started to have the same problem on my iPhone, but not on my Android phone.

Then on 5/22/2017 they released another new version 1.3 and the problem was solved. I think they screwed something and immediately fixed it.

Check to make sure your using the latest software.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:31 PM
cberistain
Instructor

Check to make sure your using the latest software.
seems to be working OK now .. not sure why
Old 06-05-2017, 12:46 PM
Mr. Blue
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default 2 questions about this installation

Anybody know what size nut fits the ground stud most guys are using? I tried everything in my box of loose nuts and bolts but couldn't find anything that would fit.

How do you adjust the Esky camera when it's mounted in the middle of the grill? The wire between the camera and button are so short. Do you pull the box thru a grill opening to make the adjustments and then shove it back?
Old 06-05-2017, 02:40 PM
cberistain
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mr. Blue
Anybody know what size nut fits the ground stud most guys are using? I tried everything in my box of loose nuts and bolts but couldn't find anything that would fit.
I just loosened the existing nut and wrapped the ground wire around the post and tightened up the nut .. seems to be secure .. and that post is one of the few reliable ground wires in the engine compartment

[QUOTE=How do you adjust the Esky camera when it's mounted in the middle of the grill? The wire between the camera and button are so short. Do you pull the box thru a grill opening to make the adjustments and then shove it back?[/QUOTE]

I used a wire clothes hanger .. bent it so it had a hook at the end and pulled the button through an opening further to the left ( looking at the grill) .. left it hanging outside until I finished playing around with the settings.

Last edited by cberistain; 06-06-2017 at 09:13 AM. Reason: typo
Old 06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
red 1
Racer

Received 101 Likes on 61 Posts

How do you adjust the Esky camera when it's mounted in the middle of the grill? The wire between the camera and button are so short. Do you pull the box thru a grill opening to make the adjustments and then shove it back?
I believe the nut size was 8MM X 1.25
Old 06-06-2017, 01:37 AM
Skidplate
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 207 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by red 1
I believe the nut size was 8MM X 1.25
Correct. M8 X 1.25.
Mr. Blue (06-06-2017)
Old 06-07-2017, 10:57 PM
Mr. Blue
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Default PW doesn't work

Got everything all hooked up and my iPhone detects the new wifi hotspot, but the default password of 12345678 won't work. Any ideas?

Last edited by Mr. Blue; 06-08-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Cheap front camera

Old 06-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Bob Beroza
Burning Brakes

Got everything all hooked up and my iPhone detects the new wifi hotspot, but the default password of 12345678 won't work. Any ideas?
You can try pressing and holding down the Reset Button on the Camera WiFi unit. This should reset it back to being the factory password.

Also you could try doing an iPhone reset. Press the Hold Button and the On/Off Button until the Apple logo comes up.
Mr. Blue (06-12-2017)
Old 02-15-2018, 11:01 AM
Mike Raines
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camera

Originally Posted by red 1
I did have to take the camera apart it's very simple and remove a trace inside so the image would not be reversed, it comes set up as a backup camera.
Can you give me more details on the image and which product you used?
If mounted behind the gps screen can’t it just be wired to ignition on fuse and is on when the vehicle is on?
Old 02-15-2018, 11:19 AM
Mike Raines
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Camera

Originally Posted by Blue Demon
Auction site links can be posted. This would be a great Do It Yourself (DIY) post if you have the time and means to document it with instructions and pictures or videos.
Tell me how to do this?
Did you use a screen behind the gps scree for display
Can you wire to ignition on so it just stays on with start up?

Quick Reply: Cheap front camera