Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IOS 9.3.2/ Waze / Infotainment Issues?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2016, 06:37 AM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Received 405 Likes on 248 Posts

Default IOS 9.3.2/ Waze / Infotainment Issues?

Has anyone who uses WAZE updated to IOS 9.3.2? Is anyone having issues with the latest IOS update with the C7 infotainment?

Hoping for some feedback, because Apple has made the iOS update messages so annoying, yet I can't trust them to not cause issues with the infotainment system. I keep deleting the update, but unless I give up wi-fi, there's no way to stop the phone from downloading the update and continually pestering me to install it.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 AM
Can Vette
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
Has anyone who uses WAZE updated to IOS 9.3.2? Is anyone having issues with the latest IOS update with the C7 infotainment?

Hoping for some feedback, because Apple has made the iOS update messages so annoying, yet I can't trust them to not cause issues with the infotainment system. I keep deleting the update, but unless I give up wi-fi, there's no way to stop the phone from downloading the update and continually pestering me to install it.
As soon as I updated IOS, my USB and SD cards got hung up... I'm pretty sure they were stuck on reading I-Tunes. I could move to a song title from the cards, but there was no sound.

This happened a second time the very next day.

And then, all of a sudden on the third day, things were back to normal.

My friend suggested that the system needed time to adjust to 9.3.2
I'm not sure what that meant.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:44 AM
mcoomer
Burning Brakes

Received 211 Likes on 154 Posts

My wife has an iPhone but I tend to do the maintenance on it. I simply ignore the IOS updates until the software has been out for a bit. Seems like the last two years Apple has had more and more trouble producing updates that don't come with their own set of problems.

I know that little blurb doesn't necessarily address your situation but as annoying as the update messages are, I'd just keep hitting the "Later" button when the reminder pops up.

Mike
Old 05-28-2016, 02:44 PM
runner61627
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 256 Posts

Originally Posted by mcoomer
My wife has an iPhone but I tend to do the maintenance on it. I simply ignore the IOS updates until the software has been out for a bit. Seems like the last two years Apple has had more and more trouble producing updates that don't come with their own set of problems.

I know that little blurb doesn't necessarily address your situation but as annoying as the update messages are, I'd just keep hitting the "Later" button when the reminder pops up.

Mike
Exactly what I do now for the same reasons stated. I only install the update after it has been out for enough time (and Apple tweeks) to be rid of expected glitches
Old 05-28-2016, 05:00 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Thanks. Just getting tired of the intrusive "update now" messages. Apple has gone off the deep end.
Old 05-28-2016, 10:08 PM
Gymbow
Racer

Received 181 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by UsernameProtected
Thanks. Just getting tired of the intrusive "update now" messages. Apple has gone off the deep end.
Old 05-28-2016, 11:28 PM
fpcopo
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Gymbow
I did the update and it finally fixed all the issues I was having with my iPhone6. I have a 15 Cruze, 15 CTS and my 15 Corvette and they all had the same problem with car not uploading the contact list when getting in the car first thing in the morning. After driving and shutting off, when I got back in phone worked normally. Drove me nuts but it finally seems to work alright.
The following users liked this post:
UsernameProtected (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 05:29 AM
spearfish25
Melting Slicks

Received 727 Likes on 479 Posts

I call them 'downdates'. Every one makes a new problem, screws up something that previously worked, and makes my phone slower with more lag.
Old 05-29-2016, 02:42 PM
tunaman
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 110 Likes on 78 Posts

I updated about a week ago, and use Waze - everything has been working properly so far.
The following users liked this post:
UsernameProtected (05-29-2016)
Old 05-29-2016, 03:01 PM
UsernameProtected
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the reports. No one has reported any significant issues yet, and there are some positive reports, so it seems relatively safe to proceed with the update. I'll report back if I notice any issues.

Get notified of new replies

To IOS 9.3.2/ Waze / Infotainment Issues?

Quick Reply: IOS 9.3.2/ Waze / Infotainment Issues?