Sponsored by:

Blank screens intermittent-C7 1LT 2015

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2016, 02:33 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Blank screens intermittent-C7 1LT 2015

For last several days have had totally blank screens intermittently, After trying to discover any common elements when this was occurring, I think I have stumbled on the cause. I noted that when I started the vehicle in the garage the screens went blank and then after pulling onto the driveway they reappeared. After driving with no problems I pulled into the garage and noted that when the auto headlights came on the screens went blank. I pulled out of the garage and the screens came back on. I the then turned off the auto headlight function, pulled into the garage without any problems. I have recreated this scenario several times with the same results. Therefore it seems that there is a problem related to the auto headlight function. I will be having routine service in a couple of weeks and will update re the dealers response. I hope this info helps anyone with similar problems.
Old 05-30-2016, 06:01 PM
Steve Carter
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts

Very interesting post. I'm sure your dealer will fix that with little problem.

Good luck and thanks for your post.

Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 PM
PapaLeo67
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Is your interior lights set dim? Im only mentioning this because in my Ford, the screen dims with it... Not sure about the vette
The following users liked this post:
Bill17601 (06-01-2016)
Old 05-31-2016, 12:46 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by jackvette09
For last several days have had totally blank screens intermittently, After trying to discover any common elements when this was occurring, I think I have stumbled on the cause. I noted that when I started the vehicle in the garage the screens went blank and then after pulling onto the driveway they reappeared. After driving with no problems I pulled into the garage and noted that when the auto headlights came on the screens went blank. I pulled out of the garage and the screens came back on. I the then turned off the auto headlight function, pulled into the garage without any problems. I have recreated this scenario several times with the same results. Therefore it seems that there is a problem related to the auto headlight function. I will be having routine service in a couple of weeks and will update re the dealers response. I hope this info helps anyone with similar problems.
Good Afternoon jackvette09,

Thank you for sharing this experience with the forum. I do apologize for the blank screen concern in your Corvette, but I’m glad to hear you’ll be addressing this during service at your dealer. If you would be interested in any additional assistance while at the dealership, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

All the best,

Angela O.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-31-2016, 04:50 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

No problem in that area, I have the car for almost a year now and this problem only started several days ago with nothing else changing that I am aware of. Both screens go totally dark. thanks for your input
Old 06-01-2016, 03:08 PM
jackvette09
Intermediate

Final update, thank you papa leo67. The dimmer switch which I have never used was on max. I rotated the switch back and forth several times as we used to do in the old days to clean them off. This morning everything worked properly and continued to work all day. Hopefully this is the fix. I will not be having the dealer look at it hopefully. Thanks again.
The following users liked this post:
PapaLeo67 (06-01-2016)
Old 06-01-2016, 09:37 PM
PapaLeo67
Instructor

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by jackvette09
Final update, thank you papa leo67. The dimmer switch which I have never used was on max. I rotated the switch back and forth several times as we used to do in the old days to clean them off. This morning everything worked properly and continued to work all day. Hopefully this is the fix. I will not be having the dealer look at it hopefully. Thanks again.
Thats Great! Your post reminded me of the exact same thing that happened in my Ford Raptor. It was the dimmer.
To be honest, I havent even found the dimmer in the Corvette yet. Ive only been an owner for a month...lol

Get notified of new replies

To Blank screens intermittent-C7 1LT 2015

Quick Reply: Blank screens intermittent-C7 1LT 2015