Static cling head light protection

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2016, 10:14 AM
RichinCincy
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts
Default Static cling head light protection

Guys,
Just a heads up, I tried this product and it was complete junk. I wrote a review for the product, but the vendor never posted the review on their website. They come with no instructions, no squeegee, and they're not cut to the proper shape. After I finally got them installed, one flew off on the highway. Don't waste you money like I did.

http://www.rpidesigns.com/shop/itemr...px?itemid=5905
The following 2 users liked this post by RichinCincy:
Rebel Yell (06-07-2016), UsernameProtected (06-07-2016)
Old 06-07-2016, 11:33 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Xpel, cleartastic and laminx all have kits for the c7 if you're interested in a diy protection project. I've heard the xpel works well, I'm not sure about cleartastic and I've used laminx on my truck and it works well. Ymmv at how well you can apply that stuff. I suck at it, but if you have any aptitude at all I'm sure you could get them to work and look invisible.
Old 06-07-2016, 11:49 AM
RichinCincy
Instructor

Received 77 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
Xpel, cleartastic and laminx all have kits for the c7 if you're interested in a diy protection project. I've heard the xpel works well, I'm not sure about cleartastic and I've used laminx on my truck and it works well. Ymmv at how well you can apply that stuff. I suck at it, but if you have any aptitude at all I'm sure you could get them to work and look invisible.
Thanks for the info, I had the front end 'Xpel'd' shortly after the 'cling on' flew off. I wasn't planning on having the headlights done, but I did since the cheap ones were so terrible.
Old 06-07-2016, 12:46 PM
joeybsyc
Drifting

Received 314 Likes on 219 Posts

What good are reviews if they only allow positive ones? Thanks for the heads up.

Get notified of new replies

To Static cling head light protection

Quick Reply: Static cling head light protection