Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 grill brake duct question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 12:34 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Default Z06 grill brake duct question....

My base stingray got backed into so having the front bumper painted where the paint kinda spidered. Grill was cracked a little too, so I'm gonna do the Z06 grill. Will it look strange without the brake ducts, and if so, is there instructions for installing just the ducts from the front? I wanted give the guy doing the work as much info as I can to ease install. Thanx for any info.
Old 06-09-2016, 12:42 AM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Here's the how-to from the DIY sticky. It doesn't look too bad, but I didn't really read it:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-stingray.html
Old 06-09-2016, 03:05 AM
11B250
Melting Slicks

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

just have them add the ducts. I had them add it on mine. They're not that expensive to buy. It doesn't complicate the install here.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:27 AM
JoeHat
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I Installed the grille and ducts myself. The grille is a pita. The ducts are a 20 minute easy install. I pulled the wheels off for easier access. The above sticky is well written. I drove her around without the ducts while I was waiting on delivery. The problem is in daylight you can see light and suspension pieces without them. You will love the mod! I did the clear taillights too, now I happen to like clear taillights, have one on my bike too. My vette is shark grey, it looks very stealthy. Although the oem red looked pretty good too. Just trying out different things. Good luck!
Old 06-09-2016, 09:38 AM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 289 Likes on 238 Posts

Do you think this is something the body shop guy can easily figure out, or should I just wait and do it myself from behind the wheel well like the fyreant instructions? I'm quite handy so no problem to do it, but I figured if it's super easy, just have the guy do it while the bumper cover is off the car for the grill swap.

Get notified of new replies

To Z06 grill brake duct question....

Quick Reply: Z06 grill brake duct question....