C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any websites to determine if other builds are similar to yours?

Old 06-09-2016, 02:02 PM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Default Any websites to determine if other builds are similar to yours?

Before my C7 I had a '13 ZL1 and there was a website where you can basically build your exact car and it will tell how many other vehicles were produced with your options.

Here it is: http://www.zl1registry.com/zl1-statistics.php

Is there anything like that for the Corvettes?
Old 06-09-2016, 02:04 PM
cvwb
Instructor

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Curious about this as well.

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 06-09-2016 at 07:47 PM. Reason: No need to re-quote the OP, especially if you're the next person posting.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

No, not like that. GM releases the build stats for the model year which breaks it down by options and colors. You can get an idea of how many cars were ordered like yours that way. The 2016 break down should probably be out in July (?) maybe. 2014 & 15 are on the forum here somewhere if you wanna dig around a bit.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:41 PM
BaylorCorvette
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Rooster OG
No, not like that. GM releases the build stats for the model year which breaks it down by options and colors. You can get an idea of how many cars were ordered like yours that way. The 2016 break down should probably be out in July (?) maybe. 2014 & 15 are on the forum here somewhere if you wanna dig around a bit.
Yup, I came across this on Google. I suppose this is as good as it gets.

http://www.corvetteblogger.com/2015/06/29/final-2015-corvette-production-statistics/
Old 06-09-2016, 06:12 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

You are correct. GM maintains and provides records on individual options and colors for each model, but not for combinations of options / colors.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:34 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Quoting from the the sales pitch for build sheets at NCM (link here, highlight added):

The Build Sheet, often considered “the holy grail” to many folks is a cool item to find. It is often the only means of verifying exactly what options came with your particular car, and helps you determine how many Corvettes were produced exactly like yours. The build sheet is what goes down the line with the car when it is being assembled. It indicates to the line worker exactly what goes on that specific car.
I have the build sheet for mine but I cannot figure out how it might show how many identical cars were built. There are a few undefined numbers on it and I haven't a clue what they mean.

Does anyone know and care to share how to decipher the numbers that are not labeled with corresponding option descriptions on the build sheet?

Thanks, and sorry I'm helping the OP much here!
Old 06-09-2016, 10:28 PM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

As has already been stated, there is no way of determining the number of cars built with a specific combination of options. Having the car's build sheet will only provide a specific description of that car's build.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:02 PM
TyBoo
Burning Brakes

Received 413 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
As has already been stated, there is no way of determining the number of cars built with a specific combination of options. Having the car's build sheet will only provide a specific description of that car's build.
I accept that. I was somewhat skeptical of the NCM claim anyway because there would be no way of knowing what future orders may be when a build sheet is printed.

Nevertheless, I would like to have a better idea of what all the numbers on the build sheet represent.

Here is a photo of my build sheet with some of the entries circled. Does anyone know what they mean?

Thanks again.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:27 AM
rcooper
Safety Car

Received 676 Likes on 480 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I haven't seen any website that will give you that information. Only way that I can think of is to go to the official color thread for you car's color and search there. Might take a while to read all the posts but it would give you an idea of how many cars were like/close to yours.

Get notified of new replies

To Any websites to determine if other builds are similar to yours?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any websites to determine if other builds are similar to yours?