C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger-side AC Vent Steel/Aluminum Trim?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 04:53 PM
graj6
Burning Brakes

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts
Default Passenger-side AC Vent Steel/Aluminum Trim?

My question is on the AC vent trim shown below on the passenger side (just the shiny thin surround, not the whole vent).

My aim is to turn the shiny part (circled in red) yellow to match the rest of the vinyl-wrapping I will be doing.

I'm under the impression that to remove the vents, one has to remove the glove box and the entire dashboard trim to which the vents are attached.

1. Is there an easier way to remove the silver trim alone? Can they be pulled off without removing the vents?

2. I've seen there are stick-on covers for the driver side vents' trim. Is there any other product that can do the same thing (cover with a color) the trim I've circled in red?

Thanks in advance, folks!

Last edited by graj6; 06-09-2016 at 05:54 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:51 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Hope this photo helps. Appears you will have to remove the Dash Pad to remove the vents. The vents are secured with clips.
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
graj6 (06-09-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 07:14 PM
Rooster OG
Le Mans Master

Received 1,694 Likes on 1,240 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

American car craft makes the other vent covers, you could shoot them a quick note asking if they have the passenger vents done or in the mill.

Last edited by Rooster OG; 06-09-2016 at 07:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
graj6 (06-09-2016)
Old 07-08-2018, 11:03 PM
MarcBoogie
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP can you tell me how you removed the large aluminum piece with the grab handle that you changed to yellow? Thanks.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:34 PM
smajicek
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by MarcBoogie
OP can you tell me how you removed the large aluminum piece with the grab handle that you changed to yellow? Thanks.
I am not the OP but this will explain nicely
Old 07-09-2018, 07:27 AM
MarcBoogie
3rd Gear

Thank you. I watched that video before and he has trouble removing the piece in question. He talks about it in the video. He pretty much pulled the dash before removing it. 😏
Old 07-09-2018, 09:30 AM
trawler
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Dash pad

Originally Posted by graj6
My question is on the AC vent trim shown below on the passenger side (just the shiny thin surround, not the whole vent).

My aim is to turn the shiny part (circled in red) yellow to match the rest of the vinyl-wrapping I will be doing.

I'm under the impression that to remove the vents, one has to remove the glove box and the entire dashboard trim to which the vents are attached.

1. Is there an easier way to remove the silver trim alone? Can they be pulled off without removing the vents?

2. I've seen there are stick-on covers for the driver side vents' trim. Is there any other product that can do the same thing (cover with a color) the trim I've circled in red?

Thanks in advance, folks!
Sory the pad must be removed for access to vents. There is directions in the sticky’s,looks hard but just take your time and follow directions. Pulled mine to replace with CF.
​​​​​​.
Old 03-11-2024, 04:48 AM
SCORVET
1st Gear

Ask these people, they have seemed to have found them...https://c7performance.shop/shop/gene...ol-dash-panel/

Get notified of new replies

To Passenger-side AC Vent Steel/Aluminum Trim?

Quick Reply: Passenger-side AC Vent Steel/Aluminum Trim?