Sponsored by:

C7 Memory Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 03:13 PM
JHAWK2011
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C7 Memory Seat Problem

I have a 2016 Stingray 2LT and am having a small problem setting the seat memory. I adjust the seat to the position I want, press and release the "Set" button, then immediately press and hold the "1" button. While I am holding the "1" button the seat moves to a new position but the "two beeps" do not occur.. If I then readjust the seat position manually and repeat the memory set process it will terminate normally and sound the two beeps. Is anyone else experiencing this problem or am I doing something wrong?
Old 07-13-2016, 03:56 PM
RonC7
Melting Slicks

Received 1,298 Likes on 859 Posts

Try pressing the SET and 1 or 2 at the SAME time.

Ron
The following users liked this post:
carjo (07-21-2016)
Old 07-13-2016, 07:20 PM
justplainjim
Drifting

Received 355 Likes on 220 Posts

Either change fobs or press the #2 button.
Old 07-13-2016, 07:33 PM
springer-
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by RonC7
Try pressing the SET and 1 or 2 at the SAME time.

Ron
This is the answer, After you have everything set, Mirrors, steering column and seat, press both Set and 1 at the same time and it will remember all those settings.

You can then change the settings and set number 2.

I set number 2 with the steering up and forward. This makes it easy to move it out of the way if you want.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:18 PM
JHAWK2011
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by springer-
This is the answer, After you have everything set, Mirrors, steering column and seat, press both Set and 1 at the same time and it will remember all those settings.

You can then change the settings and set number 2.

I set number 2 with the steering up and forward. This makes it easy to move it out of the way if you want.
Thanks Ron, I will try this
Old 07-20-2016, 09:21 PM
CoasterBill
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I had this problem the other day and called to make an appointment at the dealers. I read this post and even though I have had my memory seat set for 10 months, I tried it. And it worked. Thanks. I can't understand why it took 10 months for it to occur but it works great now.
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 AM
Frodo
Melting Slicks

Received 586 Likes on 266 Posts

If pressing both buttons together works, great! The manual says press set button followed quickly by button 1 or 2 or exit. That's always worked for me but you have to be fast. The acceptable time between buttons is very brief. I sometimes make changes on mine so I use it with some frequency. My wife can't seem to do it quickly enough. I've stood outside the car with the window down and made the changes for her.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:58 AM
JerryU
E-Ray, 3LZ, ZER, LIFT
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9,624 Likes on 6,628 Posts

Originally Posted by Frodo
If pressing both buttons together works, great! The manual says press set button followed quickly by button 1 or 2 or exit. That's always worked for me but you have to be fast. The acceptable time between buttons is very brief. I sometimes make changes on mine so I use it with some frequency. My wife can't seem to do it quickly enough. I've stood outside the car with the window down and made the changes for her.
I often do it on the fly. As you say you must be quick but one finger is all that is needed and when the beep sounds it remembers the new setting.

Get notified of new replies

To C7 Memory Seat Problem

Quick Reply: C7 Memory Seat Problem